• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

On biology and transgenderism (is lia Thomas a woman?)

In terms of identifying as a particular gender it means to feel comfortable displaying the qualities traditionally associated with that gender. Gender dysphoria is to feel acute discomfort with displaying the qualities traditionally associated with a particular gender that society expects you to display, and preferring to embody the qualities of the gender not traditionally associated with your sex.
So To desire to act as biological females act in a given culture?

So To desire to act as biological females act in a given culture?
A feeling of internal identity as a female, which often manifests as a desire to act and dress the way biological females are expected to act and dress in a given culture.

I don't know that the feeling of internal gender identity can be adequately explained, as it is a subjective feeling, not a scientific classification. I know that I identify as a man, and if I woke up tomorrow and was expected to identify as a female and a woman, this would make me uncomfortable. How would you feel in that situation? What would you do if you received news that your biological sex isn't what you thought it was? Would you try to change your internal identity to match what is culturally expected of you, or would you celebrate your internal identity and expect culture to allow you to present as yourself, rather than what it wants you to be?

Back
Top Bottom