• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

On behalf of the American people I apologize to the shiites.

Trajan Octavian Titus

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I'm sorry for my governments lack of action in 90-91, I was in fourth grade, I'm sorry, as soon as I acheived voting rights I voted for the pary who most probably would grant it to you, Bush the father ****ed up, but we will make sure Bush JR. keeps the word of the father, I swear. Saddam is gone now it is up to you.

Originally posted by Trajan Octavian Titus:
...will make sure Bush JR. keeps the word of the father, I swear.
I'm sure they feel better now that you apologized for our nation.

Demand for grave diggers and coffins soars in Baghdad
By Ilham Mohammed October 27, 2005

Baghdad grave diggers and coffin makers say they have never been as busy as they are now.

Prices are soaring, tempting other professionals to partake their roaring success, they say.

The escalating violence that has gripped the country since the 2003 U.S-led invasion shows no signs of abating.

In the absence of accurate and reliable counts, it is difficult to give exact casualty figures.

But if the anecdotal evidence of Baghdad’s grave diggers is taken seriously, no day passes without scores corpses being dumped at the city’s cemeteries.

“We have seen nothing like this. Mutilated bodies beyond recognition, bodies shot in the head with hands still cuffed.

“I have been in this profession for most part of my life. But what I see now scares me to death,” said Haj Abu Muhanad, 66.

But in the meantime business has never been so profitable for Muhanad and his colleagues.

“Business is flourishing. One day they (he refused to identify) brought to the cemetery 30 corpses in one car. Sometimes it occurs to me that one day there will be no more Iraqis left to walk the streets of Baghdad,” he said.

Muhanad said he rarely buries people who had died of natural causes.

“Most of the bodies brought to us are either killed by explosions or firearms.”

Relatives of the dead, if they are present, “are normally very generous,” he said.

Burying a corpse now costs up to 100,000 dinars (approx. $75) while under normal circumstances a grave digger would charge about 10,000 dinars.

The flow of dead bodies to the cemeteries in Baghdad and the one in Najaf, where Muslim Shiites usually bury their dead, is very restricted now and grave diggers say they may pile several corpses in one grave.

“The great number of dead bodies we receive is forcing us to bury them (corpses) over each other. Occasionally we may come across another corpse as we are trying to make room for the new arrivals,” said Abu Omar.

For this reason the diggers no longer have the bodies buried at least 3 meters under ground as has been the tradition so far.

“We also do not have time to dig as deep when you have so many dead bodies around every day,” he added.

But the new burying practices are contrary to Islamic tradition, according to Haja Umm Mohammed, the female grave digger who handles dead women.

Umm Mohammed is charged with washing female dead bodies in line with Islamic practices.

She says she had seen dogs excavating shallow graves and unearthing the bodies.

Omar agreed and said he himself had to rebury corpses dug up by wild dogs.

Prices of coffins have soared due to high demand in which many of Baghdad carpenters are cashing in today.

Nonetheless, Haj Khalil Muhsen says, demand is still higher than supply.

“For example now I make an average of 20 coffins a day and have to send customers away. I now employ five workers and intend to have many more. Previously mine was a one-man carpentry,” Muhsen said.

“For this reason many of Baghdad’s carpenters who previously looked down on our profession have turned to coffin-making which has indeed become very profitable,” he said.

http://www.azzaman.com/english/print.asp?fname=news\2005-10-27\570.htm

Screw the shiites, they're helping the insurgents.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
That's what a 12 pack of ying lings lager 'ell do to ya I don't even remember posting this one at . . . 4:30 AM, lol . . . ****.
12 pack?....You're a tee-totaler!...For me, that's what I call "The first half hour"!...:2wave:

Who gives a **** about the shi'ites? Oh poor shi'ites that were under the rule of Saddam! Boo hoo! If the Shi'ites were in power they would be doing the same thing. Just look at Iran. Sunnis are actually the normal muslims while shi'ites want a jihad. Just because Saddam happens to have been a sunni and his enemies were shi'ites doesn't mean the shi'ites are angels.

FinnMacCool said:
Who gives a **** about the shi'ites? Oh poor shi'ites that were under the rule of Saddam! Boo hoo! If the Shi'ites were in power they would be doing the same thing. Just look at Iran. Sunnis are actually the normal muslims while shi'ites want a jihad. Just because Saddam happens to have been a sunni and his enemies were shi'ites doesn't mean the shi'ites are angels.

Osama bin Laden is a Sunni.

I was drunk when I posted this but I still stand by it, we should have backed the Shiites in the 90's when they rebelled against Saddam after the first gulf war, they loved America then Muslims throughout the region were litterally waving U.S. flags instead of burning them, but since alot of them were killed by Saddam when the U.S. failed to fullfill our promise of support alot of them feel betrayed and with good reason, watch the movie The Seige with Denzel Washington and Bruce Willis and you'll see how our lack of support turned alot of our Muslim allies against us.

Last edited:
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
we should have backed the Shiites in the 90's when they rebelled against Saddam after the first gulf war, they loved America then Muslims throughout the region were litterally waving U.S. flags instead of burning them, but since alot of them were killed by Saddam when the U.S. failed to fullfill our promise of support alot of them feel betrayed and with good reason, watch the movie The Seige with Denzel Washington and Bruce Willis and you'll see how our lack of support turned alot of our Muslim allies against us.
Hmm, I was still in high school so I don't know a lot about this. That is pretty shitty if we made a promise and didn't keep it. Maybe that's part of the reason they're helping the insurgents. At any rate, I agree with you in principle: every side needs to hold themselves accountable for their contributions to the problem.

Binary_Digit said:
Hmm, I was still in high school so I don't know a lot about this. That is pretty shitty if we made a promise and didn't keep it. Maybe that's part of the reason they're helping the insurgents. At any rate, I agree with you in principle: every side needs to hold themselves accountable for their contributions to the problem.

The majority of the people in Iraq want us there and are grateful for their chance at freedom and democracy, they share the same mindset as I do which is: better late than never.

FinnMacCool said:

1) Bin Laden is a Sunni.
2) Zarqawi is a Sunni.
3) Saddam Hussein is a Sunni.
4) The Arab elite in Saudi are Sunni (The true lords of terror that started all of this **** years and years ago.)
5) Bali bombings...Sunni
6) Recent bombing in India....My guess is more Sunni.
7) The majority of the entire insurgency is Sunni.
8) The majority of the entire local resistance to an equal Iraq are Sunni.
9) The leadership in Syria are Baathist loyalist and are Sunni.

The Shi'ites are large and in charge in Iran, but 70 percent of the population is under thirty years old and they are disenchanted. There is a seperation between them and their Mullahs who still subscribe to Khomeini's brutal Islamic revolution that constricted and still restricts individual freedoms. The Shi'ites in Iraq do not want the model of Iranian theocracy that Iran has proven to be a failure. In the end, Iraq may prove to be a model for the youth of Iran to build an even better democracy than Iraq.

Binary_Digit said:
Screw the shiites, they're helping the insurgents.
I would like to retract this statement. I got them backwards, I meant the Sunnis are helping the insurgency. Whoever it was that boycotted the elections. Sorry, I should get my shi'ite together before I post. :2razz:

Originally posted by Trajan Octavian Titus:
That's what a 12 pack of ying lings lager 'ell do to ya I don't even remember posting this one at . . . 4:30 AM, lol . . . ****.
Been there, done that. I know what your saying.

1) Bin Laden is a Sunni.
2) Zarqawi is a Sunni.
3) Saddam Hussein is a Sunni.
4) The Arab elite in Saudi are Sunni (The true lords of terror that started all of this **** years and years ago.)
5) Bali bombings...Sunni
6) Recent bombing in India....My guess is more Sunni.
7) The majority of the entire insurgency is Sunni.
8) The majority of the entire local resistance to an equal Iraq are Sunni.
9) The leadership in Syria are Baathist loyalist and are Sunnis.
Yes I know already. But Sunnis still make up 90 percent of muslims and as Islam is the largest religion in the world just because they are Sunni doesn't mean jack ****.

and of course the sunnis are a part of the insurgency. They are the ones that lost power. But my point was that Shi'ites are no better then Sunnis and indeed they are more radical.

The Shi'ites are large and in charge in Iran, but 70 percent of the population is under thirty years old and they are disenchanted. There is a seperation between them and their Mullahs who still subscribe to Khomeini's brutal Islamic revolution that constricted and still restricts individual freedoms. The Shi'ites in Iraq do not want the model of Iranian theocracy that Iran has proven to be a failure. In the end, Iraq may prove to be a model for the youth of Iran to build an even better democracy than Iraq.

I know nothing of this and as you haven't provided a source, there is no way for me to refute these claims. Either way though, you cannot deny that the Shi'ites in Iraq want to create a constitution based strictly on the Koran. This could lead to conflicts with our own interests.

FinnMacCool said:
Yes I know already. But Sunnis still make up 90 percent of muslims and as Islam is the largest religion in the world just because they are Sunni doesn't mean jack ****.

and of course the sunnis are a part of the insurgency. They are the ones that lost power. But my point was that Shi'ites are no better then Sunnis and indeed they are more radical.

I know nothing of this and as you haven't provided a source, there is no way for me to refute these claims. Either way though, you cannot deny that the Shi'ites in Iraq want to create a constitution based strictly on the Koran. This could lead to conflicts with our own interests.

Source? I don't do that. I speak on what I know or I don't speak.

However, since you still seem to think I'm one of those individuals that type things out of my ass or invent things in my little head, here is the first link I went to after googling "Iranian Theocracy."
Don't forget...I've studied this region for over a decade now. This site probably say's some of what I said, if not more than what I said. I get most of my info through study reports and books. I just briefly perused the first part...

http://www.wnrf.org/cms/iranian_theocracy_fracturing.shtml

Last edited:
Source? I don't do that. I speak on what I know or I don't speak.

However, here is the first link I went to after googling "Iranian Theocracy."
Don't forget...I've studied this region for over a decade now. This site probably say's some of what I said, if not more than what I said. I just briefly perused the first part...

http://www.wnrf.org/cms/iranian_theo...acturing.shtml

Actually I was reffering to the idea that Iraqis do not want an Iranian-style theocracy.

FinnMacCool said:
Actually I was reffering to the idea that Iraqis do not want an Iranian-style theocracy.

Damn, dude. I don't ussually do this, because I don't feel the need to prove what I say, but here. Once again, I googled "do Iraqis want an Iranian theocracy" and clicked on one of the top links. Here it is...

http://www.pipa.org/analyses/06_13_2005/06_13_2005.html

The Iraqi people, just don't want it. The Iranian theocracy has proven to fail. It is much like the same old oppressive regime type that they were used to and the same type of oppressive existence found in other places in the region. The difference is simply replacing a dictator with a blasphemous version their religion. It is too strict and not progressive, which is the complete opposite of what they are envisioning for their future. They simply do not want it. Will there democracy be what we want to see? Of course not, but it wont be an Iranian theocracy. This is why, a successful Iraq may prove to be the downfall of the current Iranian status.

Last edited:
On behalf of any ****er who gives a flying **** about the ****ing shi'ites; **** the ****ing shi'ites. Worship me.

President.Bush said:
On behalf of any ****er who gives a flying **** about the ****ing shi'ites; **** the ****ing shi'ites. Worship me.

I predict banishment to the land of Canuck.

Back
Top Bottom