• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Old documents-US planned terror attacks

RealityCheck

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Documents, documents, they always tell a story. Especially declassified ones.

Operation Northwoods: The official government plan to carry out terrorist attacks on its own citizens to justify a war. But that was a long time ago. They wouldn't do that today. Or would they?

As always, do your own research into the truth. This is just a starting point. Actual declassified documents included. Read em and weep:

Everyones favorite, Wikipeidia online encyclopedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

and a slightly more in depth analysis:

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/northwoods.html

That is outrageous!

It just shows how far the Govt is prepared to go if it has a particular agenda it wants to push through.

Welcome to the forum, RC. You're funny.:rofl

Love that whatreallyhappened site. It's a riot.

RealityCheck said:

Operation Northwoods: The official government plan to carry out terrorist attacks on its own citizens to justify a war. But that was a long time ago. They wouldn't do that today. Or would they?

As always, do your own research into the truth. This is just a starting point. Actual declassified documents included. Read em and weep:

And Kennedy shot himself, OJ did it, Rosa parks really didn't sit in the front of the bus? :confused:

RealityCheck said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA(BREATHER) ok now im ood to go BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAAHAH

Ok I cant go on. Your killenme.

RealityCheck said:

The link you gave says the proposal was rejected.

As for 'As always, do your own research into the truth', who are you to tell me how best to spend my time. Have you done any research? You have just reprinted secondary resources. That is neither true research nor independent thinking.

It is odd how so many conspiracy theorists accuse others of not having independent thought or not being able to think for themselves, yet never seem to come up with an original, well researched, idea.

I was expecting some evidence that something sinister happened recently.

Don't be a friggen idiot! How many members of our government ok'ed the plan until it was rejected? Answer that. Think about it.

This was a dead serious plan that was proposed, but of course they would never ever plan terrorist attacks on their own people, even if their own declassified documents said they did.

Again, how many members of our government approved this murderous plot? Why do you only see what you want the truth to be?

"had the written approval of the Chairman and every member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff" If you so desire you can count the number of our leaders that condoned a plan to kill innocent humans to decieve the USA into a bloody war. Or you can wear political blinders and live in your comfort zone that it was turned down in the very last chain of command. Do you see the point here? Acts of state sponsored terrorism against our own citizens is not out of the question. It is a documented fact that is has been seriously considered, Mkay? So don't say the idea is outrageous because it has happend more than once.

Remeber that this document was declassified. If it had been carried out this would never be declassified.

PS paul, before you open your mouth and say something as ridiculous as the link I provided had only secondary sources, perhaps you should spend the time to actually read the site. Copies of the original declassified documents were right there for you to read. I simply searched the net for "Northwoods Document" and that was the first hit I got. I saw the original documents that I had previously read long ago, so I posted the link. You see, I do get my information from primary sources, while you on the other hand like to jump to conclusions.

And I'm sure that the Pentagon came up with all kinds of delusional ideas. But does that mean that what some guys come up with in a think tank is ever going to come into the real world application.

Give me a break. Conspiracy theorists seem to hold on to Operation Northwoods, as some kind of 9/11 holy grail, providing conclusive evidence that proves their conspiracy. :2rofll:

Last edited:
paulmarkj said:
The link you gave says the proposal was rejected.

As for 'As always, do your own research into the truth', who are you to tell me how best to spend my time. Have you done any research? You have just reprinted secondary resources. That is neither true research nor independent thinking.

It is odd how so many conspiracy theorists accuse others of not having independent thought or not being able to think for themselves, yet never seem to come up with an original, well researched, idea.

I was expecting some evidence that something sinister happened recently.

This is an awesome post by a new member, I Must congratulate you on such an awesome post. Your stay will be much abliged as I can see. Keep up the good work bud.

RealityCheck said:
PS paul, before you open your mouth and say something as ridiculous as the link I provided had only secondary sources, perhaps you should spend the time to actually read the site. Copies of the original declassified documents were right there for you to read. I simply searched the net for "Northwoods Document" and that was the first hit I got. I saw the original documents that I had previously read long ago, so I posted the link. You see, I do get my information from primary sources, while you on the other hand like to jump to conclusions.

Perhaps before you say somehting how about you read your own resources first before you post a link that debacles your own argument? Hows that for a piece of advice? You see I dont even waiste my time with fenile individuals such as yourself cause I know you will end up debacling yourselves. And you just proved my theory to be correct and now its a fact. :rofl

SKILMATIC said:
Perhaps before you say somehting how about you read your own resources first before you post a link that debacles your own argument? Hows that for a piece of advice? You see I dont even waiste my time with fenile individuals such as yourself cause I know you will end up debacling yourselves. And you just proved my theory to be correct and now its a fact. :rofl

That was a ridiculous statement based on the content of the thread, my arguement and the link I provided. Maybe you should re-read everything again, but this time more slowly.

I know it is fun for your type to twist, distort, and spin things as you have with this thread. I have read and understand the source and origional documentation that I have provided. It is primary documentation, and I have stated the facts of what is presented. Now you digress back to a misguided point you made previously on the final rejection of the documeted plan. I went on to explain that the final outcome was never the point, and I never claimed that it was. See, if it had not been carried out, it would have happend, do you understand that? I did not post a thread about any acts commited, I posted a thread on "planned " attacks. Why do you now digress back to something that was addressed thoroughly?
I will tell you why. You have no rationalization for why your governemt planned such attacks, so you try to resort to pointless bickering and ego mongering that has nothing to do with the debate at hand. Look, I came here to debate the facts presented. If you can not either prove or disprove the facts presented in the origional thread, and only the facts that have been presented, then your replies are irrelivant to the debate and can only be judged as spin, or an attempt to divert the topic to one you feel that you might win. ie not the topic I am here to discuss.
This is not a debate to throw insults, or point fingers at who has the most reliable links. This is thread is to discuss primary documents released by the US governemt that were devised to commit acts of terror against its citizens. Perhaps you should take a cousre in philsophy. Then you would understand the irrelavance of your supposed arguemnts that you have presented.

Australianlibertarian said:
And I'm sure that the Pentagon came up with all kinds of delusional ideas.

:rofl

Thank God they work hard.

PS if you think that the Northwoods Document is a "Holy Grail" your sorely mistaken.

Interestingly many conspiracy theorists seem to suggest that the Northwoods documents demonstrate that the U.S government may have staged 9/11.

Conspiracy theorists need conspiracy theories, because it brings order to events, it makes the world make sense. And I supose it gives conspiracy theorists seem like they have some control in their lives.

Thing is, if you guys know about these conspiracies. Why haven't you been able to absolutley name the actual conspirators? Why can't you specifically name the people involved in the conspiracy?

Lets face it. Nixon was brought down over Watergate, government leaks information all the time. There is no way that such a conspiracy could ever remain a secret, especially with all the reporters, and foreign spies in Washington!

What scares people, is that major disasters, and terrorist attacks happen, because people failed to do their job right, either due to incompetence, or ego. 9/11 is an example of a disaster that had many links in the chain. If you disrupt any of the links in the chain of events, the attack would have not occured.

I do agree with many, that the events of 9/11 were used by the Bush administration to drum up support for the war in Iraq, but my guess, is that the Bush administration would have invaded Iraq, regardless of 9/11 happening or not.

I made several posts on the Northwoods Document in the past before this thread was posted. You will find that their are alot of people, when confronted with the truth, won't accept the truth, because accepting the truth will destroy their perfect little world view that they have. Sure, the government would kill innocent American citizens to further it's own agenda. Governments are not moral institutions. They are violent, corrupt and immoral institutions.

TimmyBoy,

One thing I haven't seen you do yet is point out how many of the people involved in the hatching of the 'Northwoods' thing ended their careers ignominiously after the proposal became known. The checks and balances in our system worked and the proposal was canned.

And TimmyBoy doesn't respond? :confused:

I've stated this before, and I will state this now again. You cannot get more legally anti-Bush than I. But I have never for one moment thought his Administration was complicit in 9/11. If anything, they used it as more of an opportunity, than a tragedy, after the fact. I still can't believe they had a commercial about 9/11, of all things, not more than a month after it happened.

In a deep voice-over to the images of that day:

September 11...........the day that changed............. everything!

Billo_Really said:
I still can't believe they had a commercial about 9/11, of all things, not more than a month after it happened.

September 11...........the day that changed............. everything!

Everything changed for me that day. But I can understand how a liberal might accuse the administration of capitalizing on 911. It's a sad and ugly thing to accuse them of, but I am beginning to understand the left more and more.

Billo_Really said:
I've stated this before, and I will state this now again. You cannot get more legally anti-Bush than I. But I have never for one moment thought his Administration was complicit in 9/11. If anything, they used it as more of an opportunity, than a tragedy, after the fact. I still can't believe they had a commercial about 9/11, of all things, not more than a month after it happened.

And yet....they pulled the Spiderman Trailers with the Towers in them....

Billo_Really said:
Getting back on your soapbox Billo? Classic!

Originally posted by stsburns:
Getting back on your soapbox Billo? Classic!
What better way to pontificate. Do you need some lather?

Billo_Really said:
What better way to pontificate. Do you need some lather?
No, but I am willing to give you some toilet paper if you need it.

Originally posted by stsburns:
No, but I am willing to give you some toilet paper if you need it.
No thanks. You know, I saw an old picture once of an out-house that had a basket of corn cobbs next to the door. I just couldn't bring myself to ask my grandmother why.

Billo_Really said:
No thanks. You know, I saw an old picture once of an out-house that had a basket of corn cobbs next to the door. I just couldn't bring myself to ask my grandmother why.
Have you ever thought of updating your avatar? Keeping the same theme? Just a thought? :think:

Back
Top Bottom