• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oh Fox News

le bouffon

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Just reported as "breaking news":

1.jpg

The reality, from Mass State Police:

2.jpg

:lamo

You can't make this up.

Last edited:
The media is just as jumpy as governments given the attacks in France. Until FoxNews jumps the gun and calls an incident terrorism before that is confirmed, we might want to give them a break. CNN and ABCNews ran the same breaking news headline, almost phrased the same way. So did the AP according to my phone app.

maybe you should stick with MSNBC

then you wouldnt be as conflicted over FOX

just saying.....

Anyone who goes by the handle "fool" is likely not going to be less conflicted at any point in the foreseeable future.

The media is just as jumpy as governments given the attacks in France. Until FoxNews jumps the gun and calls an incident terrorism before that is confirmed, we might want to give them a break. CNN and ABCNews ran the same breaking news headline, almost phrased the same way. So did the AP according to my phone app.

The "fair and balanced" nature of Fox News is clearly evident.

CNN and MSNBC reported the same thing as Fox evidently did (based on your OP) until it was clarified as well. :lmao You just can't make this up... of wait - I guess you can.

Fox News jumped to the cockpit part, which made it hilarious.

maybe you should stick with MSNBC

then you wouldnt be as conflicted over FOX

just saying.....

Most of the news networks are pretty abysmal, with Fox News and Politico leading the herd.

Anyone who goes by the handle "fool" is likely not going to be less conflicted at any point in the foreseeable future.

Jester? Le bouffon doesn't mean fool in French. :)

CNN and MSNBC reported the same thing as Fox evidently did (based on your OP) until it was clarified as well. :lamo You just can't make this up... of wait - I guess you can.

Typical for any news outlet, that's why I don't believe breaking news stories... They're always like "we can't confirm this or that", So why the **** are you reporting it!

So basically, news outlets report the information they have, and if it's incorrect that will update it. That about right? Unless people believe that initial reports are always 100% accurate, in which case I will just laugh at you

Most of the news networks are pretty abysmal, with Fox News and Politico leading the herd.

Can't be right. The Google translation is much more appropriate.

Translation.JPG

CNN and MSNBC reported the same thing as Fox evidently did (based on your OP) until it was clarified as well. :lamo You just can't make this up... of wait - I guess you can.

I'm not saying you are lying, however how do you know CNN / MSNBC covered it the same way?

Can't be right. The Google translation is much more appropriate.

View attachment 67192993

You're that clueless in French? The word stems from the Middle Ages, where it referred to a court jester. The word is equivalent to jester in French, whilst imbécile and idiote would be used. Google translate is not very accurate, hence why you need official translations for court, embassies, university studies, etc.

Typical for any news outlet, that's why I don't believe breaking news stories... They're always like "we can't confirm this or that", So why the **** are you reporting it!

I hate watching Wolf Blitzer (who is the King of speculation) where he says something like "Of course we're just speculating at this point, and everything I'm about to tell you is subject to change or revision, but here's what we "know" so far ..." then he goes on for five minutes making stuff up to fill dead air time.

Pardonner, mssr. Bouffon is French for Buffoon....which when translated properly means:

buffoon
[buh-foon]

Synonyms
Examples
Word Origin

noun
a person who amuses others by tricks, jokes, odd gestures and postures, etc. At one time court jester to royalty
a person given to coarse or undignified joking.

or

Buffoon

In similar vein, buffoon is a term for someone who provides amusement through inappropriate appearance and/or behavior.[18]

Originally the term was used to describe a ridiculous but amusing person. The term is now frequently used in a derogatory sense to describe someone considered foolish, or someone displaying inappropriately vulgar, bumbling or ridiculous behavior that is a source of general amusement.

The term originates from the old Italian "buffare", meaning to puff out one's cheeks[19] that also applies to bouffon.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jester#Buffoon

I'm not saying you are lying, however how do you know CNN / MSNBC covered it the same way?

I saw it as "Breaking News" on CNN and after a couple seconds turned over to MSNBC to see what they were saying and they were saying the exact same lines - which I suppose that all the news outlets got from their news ticker service. So, yes, that's what I saw and heard my self. And, I wouldn't think you were calling me a liar. You and I are long past that point.

You're that clueless in French? The word stems from the Middle Ages, where it referred to a court jester. The word is equivalent to jester in French, whilst imbécile and idiote would be used. Google translate is not very accurate, hence why you need official translations for court, embassies, university studies, etc.

Why would I need to have a clue about French? Translators remove such a need. Meanings of words change, so I checked. It seemed spot on to me.

Glad to see Fox News finally revising their headline:

A female passenger aboard a British Airways flight that departed from London on Tuesday morning had to be detained after she allegedly tried to open an exit door during the flight and had to be restrained, Massachusetts State Police said in a tweet.

The passenger, who was not immediately identified, was met by law enforcement upon the plane’s arrival at 1:30 p.m. at Boston’s Logan International Airport.

"A passenger on British Airways Flight 213, a 777 en route from Heathrow to Boston, tried to open an exit door and has been restrained. The cockpit is secure and the flight is continuing to Boston," the FAA said in a statement.

https://twitter.com/CNN?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Scroll down until you see this "BREAKING: Passenger restrained on Boston-bound British Airways flight:", they left one of the videos of what I saw on air up on their Twitter account, but it was one after the clarification started coming out - BUT, she also tells where the "cockpit door" story came from, official statements is evidently where.

The cockpit wasn't solely mentioned, as Fox News put it. Try again?

I was watching this this morning and Fox updated the story almost minute by minute as the story unfolding stating exactly what you just posted above. The problem that elludes you is that information about complex events isn't perfect and trying to get the correct news can take time. Example...I was watching CNN and they were reporting almost exactly what Fox was reporting at the same time...

Fox News reported it as such. That's what makes it so hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom