• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obstruction Inquiry Shows Trump’s Struggle to Keep Grip on Russia Investigation

roughdraft274

ThunderCougarFalconBird
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
WASHINGTON — President Trump gave firm instructions in March to the White House’s top lawyer: stop the attorney general, Jeff Sessions, from recusing himself in the Justice Department’s investigation into whether Mr. Trump’s associates had helped a Russian campaign to disrupt the 2016 election.
The president’s determination to fire Mr. Comey even led one White House lawyer to take the extraordinary step of misleading Mr. Trump about whether he had the authority to remove him.

The New York Times has also learned that four days before*Mr. Comey was fired, one of Mr. Sessions’s aides asked a congressional staff member whether he had damaging information about Mr. Comey, part of an apparent effort to undermine the F.B.I. director.* https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/04/us/politics/trump-sessions-russia-mcgahn.html

If these same facts came out under any other administration the country would explode with anger at the president. But with this administration this will probably be nothing more than a blip because his supporters will just cry "fake news".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a good snippet:

"Mr. Mueller has also been examining a false statement that the president dictated on Air Force One in July in response to an article in The Times about a meeting that Trump campaign officials had with Russians in 2016. A new book, “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House,” by Michael Wolff, says that the president’s lawyers believed that the statement was “an explicit attempt to throw sand into the investigation’s gears,” and that it led one of Mr. Trump’s spokesmen to quit because he believed it was obstruction of justice."

This was a good snippet:

"Mr. Mueller has also been examining a false statement that the president dictated on Air Force One in July in response to an article in The Times about a meeting that Trump campaign officials had with Russians in 2016. A new book, “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House,” by Michael Wolff, says that the president’s lawyers believed that the statement was “an explicit attempt to throw sand into the investigation’s gears,” and that it led one of Mr. Trump’s spokesmen to quit because he believed it was obstruction of justice."

Let's see, which of Trump's spokesmen quit in July?

This was a good snippet:

Well, it has become obvious as to why his lawyer stated that the president can't obstruct justice. They said that because if all the reporting is true they have no other argument.

If these same facts came out under any other administration the country would explode with anger at the president. But with this administration this will probably be nothing more than a blip because his supporters will just cry "fake news".

Your trying to peddle an unsourced opinion piece as if it's fact. Not to mention Trump had the authority to fire Comey. He is also correct that Sessions made a mistake by voluntarily reusing himself from a crooked investigation aimed at trying to invent a reason to impeach Trump or at least tarnish his reputation. Trump has good reason to be disappointed with Sessions.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

And what about the notes kept by the former chief-of-staff?

I just posted this..damn, didn't see your thread...

Unless the NYT has names, it is really getting boring by now.

Tell us WHO said what ... otherwise the NYT is writing their usual garbage for the few remaining readers they still have left.
Did they have to lease out another one of their floors?!? :lol:

Your trying to peddle an unsourced opinion piece as if it's fact. Not to mention Trump had the authority to fire Comey. He is also correct that Sessions made a mistake by voluntarily reusing himself from a crooked investigation aimed at trying to invent a reason to impeach Trump or at least tarnish his reputation. Trump has good reason to be disappointed with Sessions.

Ah yes, the familiar bleat of someone trying to divert.

Time to pull this out again:

r stages.jpg

Another part of the article:

The special counsel has received handwritten notes from Mr. Trump’s former chief of staff, Reince Priebus, showing that Mr. Trump talked to Mr. Priebus about how he had called Mr. Comey to urge him to say publicly that he was not under investigation. The president’s determination to fire Mr. Comey even led one White House lawyer to take the extraordinary step of misleading Mr. Trump about whether he had the authority to remove him.

The New York Times has also learned that four days before Mr. Comey was fired, one of Mr. Sessions’s aides asked a congressional staff member whether he had damaging information about Mr. Comey, part of an apparent effort to undermine the F.B.I. director. It was not clear whether Mr. Mueller’s investigators knew about this episode.

See post #10.

With you I will just skip ahead to #5, get over it libtard

:doh

Attempt to realize that post #10 isn't a compliment, and may the force be with you.

See post #10.

:doh

Attempt to realize that post #10 isn't a compliment, and may the force be with you.
The level of dishonesty the left is willing to stoop to in an attempt to turn people's support off of Trump is embarrassing. The NYT has reduced itself to being on a par with a gossip column and the lemmings come rushing in to tell everyone how now they got proof that Trump is a bad person citing an article that claims lots of stuff but fails to publish anyone's name that shared all this dirt with them. Not even 1 person on the record is mentioned in the article. Calling it fake news is much more polite than calling it what it the flavor of sewage that really fits it. Baghdad Bob and Tokyo Rose would both be proud to members of today's American yellow journalists

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom