• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obamacare Staffers Slated To Move Into Building Some Believe Is Toxic

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
August 15, 2013

ORANGE (CBSLA.com) — A dozen social service staffers at an Orange County government building believe working inside the structure literally made them sick.

Forty-five new workers have been assigned to the building. Ironically, the new crew will supervise the Affordable Care Act, AKA Obamacare.

“We don’t have any concrete assurances that this building is safe for employees to come back into,” said union rep Jennifer Muir.

The union rep believes the building — located at 840 N. Eckhoff Street — could be a ticking time bomb.

The complex has been the subject of a bitter lawsuit.

Muir told KCAL9′s Tom Wait that she wonders why the federal government even wants to house workers in the building, formerly the home of an oil drilling company.

“We’ve had so many examples of women who have delivered children who have serious issues … people who have fallen ill with strange, auto-immune illnesses there is no explanation for, except for exposure to toxic chemicals,” Muir said.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Obamacare Staffers Slated To Move Into Building Some Believe Is Toxic « CBS Los Angeles

The EPA is fast to condemn the use of coal burning generation plants but have completely abandoned their role in analyzing and remediating building that have become health risks to the public. Sick Building Syndrome was virtually eliminated by the EPA during the 90's, however, since this imports of building materials from China have become prevalent in recent years without strict controls from the EPA SBS has returned in American ten fold.

First of all, is "union rep Jennifer Muir" a doctor or something? What makes this quote about diseases that can only be caused by exposure to toxic chemicals meaningful at all?

Secondly, where do you get this statement that "Sick Building Syndrome" has increased 10 times in recent years?

Thirdly, how is one building being a health hazard, assuming that's the case and this union rep has some kind of medical knowledge, mean the entire EPA has abandoned its rolet in decreasing health risks in buildings? Hell I'm not even sure that something the EPA, the Enviromental Protection Agency, would have a hand it, it seems like something a bit out of their lane from the name of their agency, but I guess its possible.

I need more facts before I follow you off the rails on a crazy train bud.

There was a sick building in my city. Nobody would touch it for well over a decade. Eventually when it was basically given away for pennies on the dollar, a developer came in and gutted that thing all the way down to the outside walls. They could never pinpoint the cause of it.

Back
Top Bottom