• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama To Nearly Double Available Wireless Spectrum

My understanding is that in the current system, the phone and internet companies have X amount of spectrum which they can use to offer services to the public. That's starting to get crowded, so Obama is auctioning off another chunk which will raise the government billions and give the companies more space.

Thats pretty much it. The last major chunk of spectrum to go on sale went to Verizon and I think they are using it as part of their upcoming LTE deployment (4G)

Better hurry up. Get me off this ****ty HughesNet connection. Piece of **** satellite internet.

Back
Top Bottom