• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama interfering in Israel elections

sawdust

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Obama Campaign Team Arrives in Israel to Defeat Netanyahu in March Elections - Breitbart

Just days after the Obama White House accused House Speaker John Boehner of “breaking protocol” by inviting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to address a joint session of Congress, a team of up to five Obama campaign operatives has reportedly arrived in Israel to lead a campaign to defeat the Israeli Prime Minister in upcoming national elections scheduled for March 17.

Is it just me or is this the height of hubris? This administration is famously pro Muslim and anti Israel. How in the world can Obama believe that sending his operatives to Israel will help any politician? If I were an Israeli I would be highly offended by any foreign nation sending people to my country to try to influence an election, much less one whose policies were questionable with respect to Israel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny.. considering the GOP is doing it also, but doing so to keep the war criminal in power.

Obama Campaign Team Arrives in Israel to Defeat Netanyahu in March Elections - Breitbart

Is it just me or is this the height of hubris? This administration is famously pro Muslim and anti Israel. How in the world can Obama believe that sending his operatives to Israel will help any politician? If I were an Israeli I would be highly offended by any foreign nation sending people to my country to try to influence an election, much less one whose policies were questionable with respect to Israel.

It's standard procedure to retaliate against another world leader who breaches protocol. The righties would rather O be a wimp and not stand up for America.

The US interferes with Isreali elections and they interfere in the US elections. Nothing new on either front.

It's standard procedure to retaliate against another world leader who breaches protocol. The righties would rather O be a wimp and not stand up for America.

Retaliation for offending Obama by having Netanyahu speak to Congress isn't being strong or smart, it's being petty and petulant. In addition, I doubt that Obama is popular in Israel and his interference may have an effect opposite of what he intends.

The article pointed out to American foreign policy which was intended to affect Israili elections, not sending actual campaign operatives to guide opposition to the current administration.
Thanks.
Now I don't have to post the very same thing.
It's a clear distinction and not a subtle one, yet appears to have been lost on some.

It's standard procedure to retaliate against another world leader who breaches protocol.
The righties would rather O be a wimp and not stand up for America.

Interesting point.
Why does Obama choose to act tough like this only against allies and Congress?

Retaliation for offending Obama by having Netanyahu speak to Congress isn't being strong or smart, it's being petty and petulant. In addition, I doubt that Obama is popular in Israel and his interference may have an effect opposite of what he intends.

O is likely more popular than netanyahu in Israel since netanyahu is the one who's struggling to win re-election (along w/his Likud Party) against the Labor-Hatnua coalition for which O is campaigning.

Interesting point.
Why does Obama choose to act tough like this only against allies and Congress?

The current Israeli government is not a US ally. At best, only the country (i. e. it's people as a whole) are.

O is doing the right thing by doing what's best for an ally.

The current Israeli government is not a US ally. At best, only the country (i. e. it's people as a whole) are.

I think the people of Israel are in a far better position to decide what is best for them than Obama is.

"Fresh from his post as national field director for President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign, Bird and his partners have started a consulting firm, 270 Strategies, to leverage what they learned during six years of targeting and turning out voters, and apply it to a for-profit model."
Trailer Park to Harvard Put Bird on Course to Change U.S. - Bloomberg

The guy hasn't worked for Obama since the campaign. He's a private consultant.

That was peculiar and in essence an open door to selective mischief by every POTUS dependent on how much the populace of another country likes him.
Someone remains an ally, becomes an ally, or are no longer an ally, independent of their government?
Makes for great stability.
Sorry, but Obama hates Bibi and Bibi hates Obama but Israel is still an ally.

Why is there a RIP in your thread title?

Why don't you ask Osama bin Laden?
I did.
He said he realizes Obama just had him killed so some people could always point to it as though it proved something more about Obama than it did.

"After the election, Bird parlayed his success into 270 Strategies, a political consulting firm that helps election campaigns all over the world to build grassroots strategies."
-- He runs a consulting firm.... Its part of his job.... If someone is gonna pay him big money to consult, then of course he'll say yes... There is no evidence that the Obama administration is directly connected to this campaign in Israel.

Um... no he isn't.
As it turns out, he is. We all are. Looks like our State Department is helping to fund the group that hired this guy who's helping to oust Bibi.

Back
Top Bottom