• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama administration sending tax payer money to Kenya for abortion legislation

Since I don't like citing wiki for things like this, here is a link to the relevant part from (I think) the government

Goddamn obama - that baby killer. How could he possibly support a 200-page document that contains such a horrible section

My problem with them sending the money to support legislation in another country still stands. I'll admit I probably should have at least skimmed it before claiming what the legislation did exactly. As I stated previously in this thread, we shouldn't be spending money on the legislation of other countries we we have 10's of trillions of dollars of debt here and people suffering here.

It's supporting a more democratic constitution, gotten by the support of the people. As opposed to the other ways we've helped the spread of democracy (sinking hundreds of billions into war), I'm perfectly fine with spending a couple of million to support a constitutional referrendum.

Do you also oppose the US's support of human right legislation, free trade legislation, anti-terrorism legislation, etc in other countries?

Yes, unless it's a country we went to war with recently and completely destroyed their government. I should note this doesn't mean that I supported the war.

Some times we do more than just send money....

HYMAN: Obama's Kenya ghosts - Washington Times

Not only was this a violation of the Logan Act, it led to 1000's of deaths and the dislocation of 100's of thousands of people.

Last edited:
Yes, unless it's a country we went to war with recently and completely destroyed their government.

Well, at least you're consistent, even if I disagree with you. I think supporting one particular group's efforts to utilize its nation's democratic mechanisms is a perfectly fine way of advancing our interests abroad.

I should note this doesn't mean that I supported the war.

Of course, one does not imply the other.

Here's an idea ... (Maybe the White House is monitoring this site...:lol

Instead of spending so much money for stupid things like abortions... why not be PRO-ACTIVE, and have the government send over a few hundred million prophilactics, and fund the Kenyan government to pass a law that men have to use them or the women can turn them in for a tidy sum. I totally understand the need to cut down on bloated toddlers with flies on their faces requiring basic food and shelter as well as pregnancy's many Kenyan's cannot afford. I also understand that there's still a bit of a problem with something called AIDS in Africa ... I think my idea's what's called a "two-fer".

I bet it's cheaper too.

Our desire should be to stop funding terrorists through our addiction to oil.

Here is another idea: we could read the thread and learn this story has already been refuted.

Here is another idea: we could read the thread and learn this story has already been refuted.

But "America spends money on a constitution that restricts abortion," while more factually accurate, doesn't help their agenda as well as "America funds pro-abortion legislation" does.

Conservatives. Jesus Christ. When they don't have something to attack, they'll literally reverse reality to fabricate something to attack.

This thread is inappropriate for the "Breaking News" section.

Read the rules.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...king-news-guildelines-updated-10-29-09-a.html

Well let us see.
This article is NEWS.
It is from a well known leading NEWS OUTLET (Source)
It is within the 48 hour rule
Shucks it is also breaking NEWS.
Quote(White House Spent $23M of Taxpayer Money to Back Kenyan Constitution That Legalizes Abortion, GOP Reps Say
By Tess Civantos
Published July 22, 2010| FoxNews.com

So where does it break the rules?

I forgot to quote a paragraph or three.

It makes Barry look bad?

Last edited:

Refuted or not, it is still a good idea.

Ya think?

Did you have a problem when the Bush admin. when they forced the Iraqis to procuce a constitution in so many days?

See what I said earlier.
Yes, unless it's a country we went to war with recently and completely destroyed their government.
Why does everyone assume I liked Bush?

See what I said earlier.

Why does everyone assume I liked Bush?

The same reason that if you have "conservative" or are a Republican - you must then be a racist, loved Bush, be a neo-con, cling to guns and GOD and are mental midget. The Democrats / Liberals / Progressives must compartmentalize, label and attack groups as well as generalize everyone. It's something they learned from groups like the NAACP - who just came out and described the Tea Party as racists...

Every read Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals"? It's a great read and is the playbook for attacking non-Progressives.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…