• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Administration OKs First Tax-Funded Abortions Under Health Care Law

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian

I thought this wasn't supposed to happen? My money going to the slaughter of the innocent? /facepalm

I thought this wasn't supposed to happen? My money going to the slaughter of the innocent? /facepalm
You mean to tell us that you did not know that your tax dollars buy weapons that kill people? Where have you been living?

blame Pennsylvania, they're the ones with legal abortion, your money would have gone there whether they had legal abortion or not.

I'll have to see more on this to believe it, frankly. If an abortion is done to protect a woman's health, then I think it should be covered. If it's being done for convenience, then it absolutely shouldn't. I'm not quite sure the NRLC is a fair interpreter of the funding...where they say it will "cover any legal abortion."

yeah, that's not true. it's tough to find out all the detail behind this one.

Taxpayer dollars should never be used to fund elective medical procedures.

Just another example of this administration going against the wishes of the American people. The majority did not want abortions to be funded with their tax dollars. Thanks Stupack for wimping out and voting for the bill that we all said did not have the proper language to avoid this. This just makes me sick, but I'm not surprised. Obama is such a liar along with all the other Dems who are in the pockets of Planned Parenthood. They all said abortions WOULD NOT be tax payer funded and the language was there to prevent it. LIARS all of them!

The problem is, how is "the woman's health" defined?

yes, i'm certain obama is beholden to planned parenthood. lol.

Yes I remember still the stupidity with Stupak asking for Obama's executive order in exchange for his vote on health care.

did anyone honestly expect Obama to keep his promise that tax payer money wouldn't fund abortions in his law? Stupak and his Dems are not men/women of principal, they are people of partisanship and accepted a weak lie in order to go to their pro life constituents without fear of backlash. No taxpayer money should go to fund any abortion. It's not a medically necessary procedure, and if anything it should be classified as murder and made illegal.

Does the same thread really need to be debunked in three different forums? The deliberate deception coming from the reform opponents is getting old.

OMG...not another thread on this same falsehood? Alright...here we go with the truth of the matter...again.

From post #20 in the thread:

From the PolitiFact Q&A on this very issue:

Now, if you read the 60-page proposal, what you'll find on page 14 concerning abortions is the following:

Exactly what PolitiFact has stated above.

For the third time...state's rights, people! This is a non-issue that has :spin: written all over it.

Last edited:
Now that this has been debunked... any of you that initially made false claims have anything to say?

Lifenews? Really? Really?

His science czar is a proponent of eugenics, before long we'll be weeding out all "undesirables".

His science czar is a proponent of eugenics, before long we'll be weeding out all "undesirables".

He's spooky.

Obama Administration OKs First Tax-Funded Abortions Under Health Care Law

If that were actually true, I'd applaud it.
No one should ever have to remain pregnant against her will, whether or not she has any money.

If your taxes don't pay for some impoverished girl's 400 dollar abortion, you're eventually going to pay 400,000 dollars or more, over the unwanted scumbag's lifetime: first to raise him on welfare, then to keep him in prison for the rest of his life. Not to mention providing for all his health care.
This is not taking into account the cost of any damage he might happen to inflict on other persons or property.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…