• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Admin Quietly Releases Taliban Inmates From Gitmo To Open Peace Talks In Afghan

Re: Obama Admin Quietly Releases Taliban Inmates From Gitmo To Open Peace Talks In Af

Oh I'm sure there are some nations that will accept them. Let's try. If we aren't going to try and convict them, they should be released. The war on terror is a joke. Either they commited a crime or they didn't. There is no oficial declaration of war, no official country we are at war with, so they need to be convicted or released to whatever country will take them.

And yet for some, there is no country that will take them.

"Though the administration had searched for foreign countries to which the detainees could be released, it appears to have since given up, having closed the office responsible for finding those countries.

There are two theories as to why an individual detainee cleared for release might not get it. The first theory is that no country will accept him. It’s not implausible; as an example of how tough it can be to find safe homes for the detainees, some Chinese Muslim dissidents held at Gitmo had to released to, of all places, Bermuda."

Kafka at Gitmo: Why 86 prisoners are cleared for release but might never get it

Re: Obama Admin Quietly Releases Taliban Inmates From Gitmo To Open Peace Talks In Af

I'm sure a lot of nations in the ME and Africa would take them in when you release them in the Serengeti wild.

So should we just push them out of planes with parachutes and where thy land they land?

Back
Top Bottom