• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama’s surprise press conference statement: ‘i didn’t set a red line’ on syria

Imnukingfutz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Obama’s Surprise Press Conference Statement:

“I didn’t set a red line. The world set a red line,” Obama said Wednesday during a joint press conference with Swedish Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt in Stockholm.

Isnt it amazing that, now that Obama painted himself into a corner with Syria and the "red Line", he comes out and says he never set a red line in Syria...it was everyone else who set it....but not him.

The world set a red line
Congress set a red line
I didn’t set a red line.
My credibility is not on the line

And the main stream media hasnt and aint gonna touch it. Here is your free pass Mr. President.

Obama’s Surprise Press Conference Statement:

Isnt it amazing that, now that Obama painted himself into a corner with Syria and the "red Line", he comes out and says he never set a red line in Syria...it was everyone else who set it....but not him.

And the main stream media hasnt and aint gonna touch it. Here is your free pass Mr. President.

Well the media wont touch it because it is a non story. Is there a change in policy? Is he backing down on an attack? Is he back tracking? Nope.. in fact he is pushing forward.

Hence him saying that he did not "set the redline" is at worst a political snafu, although he is technically correct. The red line was set down by convention written and adapted in the 1920s... that the world has not been exactly jumping over hoops and fences to enforce it the last 100 years for "minor breaches" .. it is still there and was laid down long ago.

Well the media wont touch it because it is a non story. Is there a change in policy? Is he backing down on an attack? Is he back tracking? Nope.. in fact he is pushing forward.

Hence him saying that he did not "set the redline" is at worst a political snafu, although he is technically correct. The red line was set down by convention written and adapted in the 1920s... that the world has not been exactly jumping over hoops and fences to enforce it the last 100 years for "minor breaches" .. it is still there and was laid down long ago.
Snafu? Before our president goes out and says the stuff he has, he should check to see if any of the countries that signed that agreement are willing to assert a red line requiring military action. That has historically been the case, and it is wise to do so. Every country speaks for itself - Obama does not speak for them. I know that. You know that. Obama doesn't seem to know that, and that's astonishing for a president who has more than ample precedent to consult right at his finger tips.

political snafu...really? That was an A) open mouth, B) insert foot C) Make an ass out of yourself statement....He must not have had his teleprompter handy.

when someone says, the movement or use of chemical weapons is a red line for us...he can not speak for anyone but the US...he isnt President of the world...he asserted himself as the leader of the us in his statement. HE drew the red line...not the UN, not anyone but HIM.

HE drew the line, HE is the one who made that statement, HE is the guy wanting to use our air force as a mercenary for hire unit for Al Qaeda & the Rebels.

Oh...and the "no boots on the ground" that he & Kerry were clamoring about, well the request before Congress includes boots on the ground. Senate-crafted Syria resolution riddled with loopholes for Obama - Washington Times

So the liar in chief is at it again...and you are defending him...again?

Her is Obama's original statement about the "red line."

“We have been very clear to the Assad regime, but also to other players on the ground, that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized. That would change my calculus. That would change my equation.”

So whose red line is it Mr. President?

Have you seen a "whole bunch of chemical weapons being moved around or utilized?

Conservatives just can't stand the fact that Obama is intelligent and deliberative when it comes to using military force, while the boob Bush bumbled into two vanity wars costing $3T.

Ah, conservativebizarroworld.

Conservatives just can't stand the fact that Obama is intelligent and deliberative when it comes to using military force, while the boob Bush bumbled into two vanity wars costing $3T.

Ah, conservativebizarroworld.

Its funny that you claim Obama is intelligent and deliberative when it comes to using military force...intelligent and deliberative? Lybia was intelligent and deliberative? Wanting to attack Syria for the use of chemical weapons when we dont know which side used the weapons is intelligent and deliberative when even the UN is leaning towards Rebel use?
Carla Del Ponte, the leading member of the UN inquiry into the attack, which happened in March, told Swiss TV that there existed “strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof” that rebels were responsible for the atrocity
» Video: Syrian Rebel Admits Using Chemical Weapons Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Yea, Obama is as intelligent and deliberative when it comes to using military force as my dog is. Let me take that back....my dog has never wanted to attack anyone that hasnt done anything wrong.

Obama is looking like the fool he is on the world stage...I am actually embarrassed for our country.

What credibility Obama now has going into the G20 summit this weekend...I think he will be like the smelly kid at the school dance.

Back
Top Bottom