• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NY agrees to pay $5.5M to man wrongfully convicted in author Alice Sebold’s rape

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian

Broadwater was ultimately convicted when Sebold identified him in the courtroom during her testimony. And an expert testified that a microscopic hair linked him to the assault.

The type of hair analysis is now regarded as junk science by the US Department of Justice.
The way I see it, Sebold should also be financially liable for wrongfully accusing an innocent man. No excuses for that.

The way I see it, Sebold should also be financially liable for wrongfully accusing an innocent man.
And the way I see it, she should serve some time in prison, too.

That might cut down on some false accusations.

Reactions: PoS
Careful Trumpsters
.. He accused the Central Park 5 of rape....

Be careful what you wish for...

The way I see it, Sebold should also be financially liable for wrongfully accusing an innocent man. No excuses for that.
She and the so-called hair expert alone should bear any financial liability as it would appear their testimony is what led the jury to a conviction.

Reactions: PoS
Back
Top Bottom