• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Now They're Saying The Naval Yard Shooter Only Had A Shotgun!

It will take a while but finally every NRA supported congressman/woman will see what an utter failure the Right has become. Then...maybe Americans on the street will be able to leave their home or office in the middle of the night and not feel like they have to go armed. We're the only industrialized nation in the world which hangs onto those primitive values.
I feel special now.

Don't expect much. He has not even acknowledged that shotguns can have magazines. Or that somebody who is experienced can reload them almost as fast as they can pull the trigger.

And that a Glock is more deadly then a shotgun. I guess he has never seen what a slug can do to a body, or 00 buck at close range (in a 12 gauge, that is 9 32 calibre pellets all fired at the same time).

With a 5 round magazine in 12 gauge, that is the same as having a 32 calibre pistol that can fire 45 rounds without reloading.

But no, a Glock is more deadly... because it is a Glock!
There is an obvious gap between what is and what some would like to believe.

I see, and are you trying to tell me that nobody there has ever been arrested? They all have absolutely clean criminal records?

Nope, did not think so. It depends on what the criminal record is for.

I am telling you that you don't get in if you are a felon period. Speeding tickets are hardly the same thing, I see I am dealing with extremism.

I am telling you that you don't get in if you are a felon period. Speeding tickets are hardly the same thing, I see I am dealing with extremism.

That is nice. However, Aaron Alexis had no felonies on his record.

Alexis, of course, was both a U.S. citizen and a former Navy reservist who received an honorable discharge from the military. He was also never charged for incidents in 2004 and 2010 in which he shot out a car’s tires and fired a shot through the ceiling of his apartment into an upstairs neighbor’s dwelling.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...af6c5a-1faf-11e3-b7d1-7153ad47b549_story.html

Next.

No, a criminal background will keep you out of an uranium enrichment plant, the big red letters only make you look worse.:roll:

Not to worry:

Nun Convicted, 83-Year-Old With Two Others Broke Into Oak Ridge Nuclear Weapons Facility

An 83-year-old nun convicted of sabotage and damaging federal property stood in a federal courtroom in Knoxville today shackled in leg irons and handcuffs. Sister Megan Rice, along with partners Michael Willi and Greg Boertje-Obed, were convicted Wednesday of breaking into a secure area of the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.

Their attorneys argue that the three, who broke into the facility to protest the manufacture of nuclear weapons, represent no threat and should be freed on bond until their Sept. 23 sentencing. US District Judge Amul Thapar could rule on the motion as early as next week.

The three are members of a peace advocacy group, Transform Now Plowshares. A statement on their website said that despite the jury convicting the nun and her partners, the evidence proved that the Y-12 plant lacked effective security.

By God somebody feels like they need to go armed. The NRA is a tool and the Republican party is an accomplice. Check this in your spare time:

Wow with all those dangerous guns out there you'd think millions of people would be shot each year. Good thing guns are peaceful creatures!

Wow with all those dangerous guns out there you'd think millions of people would be shot each year. Good thing guns are peaceful creatures!

The United States has more guns and gun deaths than any other developed country in the world, researchers found.

The U.S. has 88 guns per 100 people and 10 gun-related deaths per 100,000 people — more than any of the other 27 developed countries studied.

Japan, on the other hand, had only .6 guns per 100 people and .06 gun-related deaths per 100,000 people, making it the country with both the fewest guns per capita and the fewest gun-related deaths.

Couple this with the fact that we bomb a country half way around the world every few years and our military is not only the strongest and most expensive, we spend more than the next thirteen most powerful in the world and VOILA!! We Are A WARMONGERING BULLY COWBOY nation.

Last edited:
The United States has more guns and gun deaths than any other developed country in the world, researchers found.

Like I said, it's a good thing guns are peaceful creatures otherwise we'd have millions of shootings each year.

Interesting the qualifications you put in place. However, you are also using stacked statistics and not taking in consideration everything.

For example, 6.3 of those 100,000 are suicides. And without a gun they would simply kill themselves another way.

And let's look at the one statistic that really matters, Homicides. That is only 3.6 per 100,000. In other words, you are twice as likely to kill yourself by choice by a gun then to have one used to kill you. Oh, and that is not murder but homicides. Our friend Aaron, he is a homicide.

And I would not exactly call Brazil a backwards nation, but they have 18 homicides per 100,000, a rate 3 times that of the US.

Of course, most countries in the world have highly restrictive gun laws where the US does not because of the Constitution.

Of course, the history of Gun Control in this country has been long rooted in the Democratic Party. Always makes me wonder what their real agenda is.

050113_ColoBillboard2_16x9.jpg

dredscott2-500x395.jpg

And you see, this is why you completely fail.

In the 3 latest mass shootings by crazy people, no military style weapons were used!

I wish I could put that up on blazing lights. Jared Lee Loughner killed 6 and wounded 19 with a pistol.

Aaron Alexis killed 13 and wounded 3 with a shotgun and pistol.

In neither of these instances was a "military styled assault rifle" used in any way.

AR-15.jpg

And if you think this is an "only in America" type of thing, maybe I should tell you about countries where seeing people walk down the street with AKs was not uncommon.

But thank you for making my list of people (both right and left) that I consider nothing but "political stooges", and have nothing of interest to say.

However, if you ever want to discuss facts, please come again. If you only want to throw around political sewage, I don't need you.

If you check the recent high profile murders, very few involved a so called assault weapon, even less involved high capacity magazines. If you look at street crime, even a lower percentage involve military looking weapons.

Skeery looking does not equal convenient or deadly.

If you check the recent high profile murders, very few involved a so called assault weapon, even less involved high capacity magazines. If you look at street crime, even a lower percentage involve military looking weapons.

Skeery looking does not equal convenient or deadly.

No, it is because of racism!

62271_530765653619323_1639293711_n.jpg

And yes, that was entirely posted with tongue firmly in cheek. But this recent example simply proves to me that the media is not responsible, and pushing an agenda. I heard everywhere that there was an "M-16 Military Assault Rifle" involved, but very little about the fact it was really a shotgun. That is typical, scream wrong information with banner headlines, print a single retraction on page 43.

Actually, 2 years ago my pistol probably saved my wife's life.

I was on deployment overseas, she was recovering from cancer surgery. She head her car being broken into, so went outside to see what was going on, slipping my pistol into her pocket.

Outside she found 3 punks trying to steal her car. They had broken out the driver window with a metal pipe and had the hood open attempting to hotwire it. She asked them what they thought they were doing, and one kid picked up the metal pipe and moved towards her.

She simply pulled the gun out of her robe and pointed it in the air so they could clearly see what it was in the dark, and asked if they wanted some of that too. All 3 quickly fled the scene. And when the cops arrived, they asked her why she did not shoot them, since one was approaching her with a deadly weapon and it would have been a clear case of self defense.

I honestly think that most who want to push these gun laws are pushing a racist agenda to take firearms out of the hands of minorities and anybody who oppose them.

Actually, 2 years ago my pistol probably saved my wife's life.

I was on deployment overseas, she was recovering from cancer surgery. She head her car being broken into, so went outside to see what was going on, slipping my pistol into her pocket.

Outside she found 3 punks trying to steal her car. They had broken out the driver window with a metal pipe and had the hood open attempting to hotwire it. She asked them what they thought they were doing, and one kid picked up the metal pipe and moved towards her.

She simply pulled the gun out of her robe and pointed it in the air so they could clearly see what it was in the dark, and asked if they wanted some of that too. All 3 quickly fled the scene. And when the cops arrived, they asked her why she did not shoot them, since one was approaching her with a deadly weapon and it would have been a clear case of self defense.

I honestly think that most who want to push these gun laws are pushing a racist agenda to take firearms out of the hands of minorities and anybody who oppose them.

LOL...I should modify one of my previous posts to include COWGIRLS.

LOL...I should modify one of my previous posts to include COWGIRLS.

So you are saying it would have been better if she had been beaten with the metal pipe?

Let me guess, they were not stealing her car, it was simply a case of wealth redistribution.

So you are saying it would have been better if she had been beaten with the metal pipe?

Let me guess, they were not stealing her car, it was simply a case of wealth redistribution.

What I'm saying is that it's one helluva coincidence for your wife to have been attacked while she was armed just to accommodate your post in this thread. I was born at night but by god it wasn't last night.

What I'm saying is that it's one helluva coincidence for your wife to have been attacked while she was armed just to accommodate your post in this thread. I was born at night but by god it wasn't last night.

*sigh*

How about this? It is a post I made in another forum (that I have belonged to since 2003) right after it happened.

Login

I have talked about it several times since then, but this was the only forum I belonged to at the time, so is the first reference to the incident.

And let me guess, next you will say that if I talk about being attacked by 2 black teenagers with metal pipes I am making it up as well.

And in case that was not visible to others:

Mushroom
Guns in America
« on: 13 April 2009, 10:25:49 »
ReplyModifyRemove
I know this has been covered in here before. But something happened this weekend to bring it to mind again.

As most of you all know, I am currently deployed to the Middle East. I am going to be here for the next year.

Right bfore I left, I made sure my wife knew where the gun and ammunition was. She thought I was being a bit paranoid, but she humored me. I own a Lorcin .380, patterened off of the Walther PPK.

Well, this weekend somebody tried to steal her car. She heard the alarm go off, so went and got the gun. She went out front, and 2 hispanic guys in their 20's were trying to hotwire it. They saw her and one of them started to walk towards her )holding a tire iron). She pulled the gun out of her pocket and said (in Spanish) "Do you want some of this?"

They both took off running. Thankfully the only damage was a broken window. They left the dent puller on the front seat where they left it when they took off.

When the cops showed up, they told her she should have just shot them. With one advancing towards her, she had a fully justifiable case of self-defense. And if not for the gun, the tire iron in his hand could have killed her.

I am just thankfull she is not hurt. The only damage is a broken window. But I shudder to think what would have happened if she had not had the gun. She is not in the best of health, being a cancer survivor. I am flying home in 2 weeks so i can be with her as she goes in for surgery.

So love guns or hate them, they can make a huge difference when you are faced with the scum of the earth.

Last edited:
*sigh*

How about this? It is a post I made in another forum (that I have belonged to since 2003) right after it happened.

Login

I have talked about it several times since then, but this was the only forum I belonged to at the time, so is the first reference to the incident.

And let me guess, next you will say that if I talk about being attacked by 2 black teenagers with metal pipes I am making it up as well.

And in case that was not visible to others:

No Comment. Me and Junior Johnson used to run moonshine in the NC hills in a souped up Ford. He built them and I drove them:

4328177_f520.jpg

Last edited:
No Comment. Me and Junior Johnson used to run moonshine in the NC hills in a souped up Ford. He built them and I drove them:

4328177_f520.jpg

*laughs*

I see, so I just made all this up 4 years ago, knowing that I would get into a debate with you.

That's your story and you're sticking to it.

*laughs*

I see, so I just made all this up 4 years ago, knowing that I would get into a debate with you.

That's your story and you're sticking to it.

You and your wife must be a dangerous couple. Do you carry your weapons to weekend parties....and if you do, who is it you party with?

I have numerous weapons and am well trained on all of them. I carry a S&W chiefs special revolver when we travel. That's all it's for.

In my home I have a shotgun and a .30 .30 rifle. Neither of them have been off my property in 20 years.

Last edited:
You and your wife must be a dangerous couple. Do you carry your weapons to weekend parties....and if you do, who is it you party with?

I carry an AR in my trunk. Is there a problem?

No, actually it remains hidden in a safe unless it is being taken out for it's biannual cleaning. To me guns are not toys. They are not taken out to show off, they are not even talked about generally (no more then I would talk about condoms or spark plugs under most circumstances). Why does anybody that has to have a firearm with you be some kind of "gun nut"?

And if you read, you would know it is a .380. Not a .45, not a 9mm, not a .44 or .357 magnum. If you were to go to most gun nuts and say your primary defense weapon was a .380, they would laugh their butts off and tell you to get a "real gun". I primarily use it for target practice twice a year (the round are inexpensive), it is a single stack (so easier for a smaller female hand to grasp), and because I have no interest in "blowing somebody away". Like my wife, I would prefer to let them know I have it and hope they would GTFOOD.

But if they do not, I would also have no problem putting 2 in their X ring if they continued to threaten myself or somebody else.

And lucky for her she did not have to use it, she can barely hit the broad side of a barn even at the range at 10 meters. :mrgreen:

No, actually it remains hidden in a safe unless it is being taken out for it's biannual cleaning. To me guns are not toys. They are not taken out to show off, they are not even talked about generally (no more then I would talk about condoms or spark plugs under most circumstances). Why does anybody that has to have a firearm with you be some kind of "gun nut"?

And if you read, you would know it is a .380. Not a .45, not a 9mm, not a .44 or .357 magnum. If you were to go to most gun nuts and say your primary defense weapon was a .380, they would laugh their butts off and tell you to get a "real gun". I primarily use it for target practice twice a year (the round are inexpensive), it is a single stack (so easier for a smaller female hand to grasp), and because I have no interest in "blowing somebody away". Like my wife, I would prefer to let them know I have it and hope they would GTFOOD.

But if they do not, I would also have no problem putting 2 in their X ring if they continued to threaten myself or somebody else.

And lucky for her she did not have to use it, she can barely hit the broad side of a barn even at the range at 10 meters. :mrgreen:

LOL....I think you're losing it. I never said a damn word about those calibers. My specialty was the .50 cal Browning machine gun(500 rpm) on the tank turret and the 90mm main gun. Like I said before....I was the commander of an m-48 medium patton tank crew in the late 50's up to the mid 60's. Now we're talking weapons. I've been thinking about getting my wife one of these for an anniversary present:

M48A1-Patton-tank.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom