• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Now russia warns Finland and Sweden of consequences if they try to join NATO

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
So now Putin and Russia can tell other countries who can and can not join NATO and if they do they will face military consequences. If I was russia I would think twice about invading either of those countries as they are much better armed than Ukraine, especially Sweden who has one of the best fighter jets in the world. And if they join NATO, then If I was russia I would look t the trouble they are having taking Ukraine and realize that all of the NATO nations would back the Swedes and the FIns. And if they rattle their nukees, they would have to realize that there would be nothing left of Putin or Russia after the rest of the world rained nukes on Russia. I am now actually hoping that both Sweden and Finland join NATO, which would make it even stronger and tell Putin and russia to go shove it where the sun don't shine.

He's a mob boss.

We should recognize that after the last administration.

Putin is off and running now. He figures he has us on the run and on the back foot. Trump utterly gutted this country and the west generally has simply has not been able to recover. We are so wrapped around our own axle that we have Amerian Russia-cons actively supporting Putin over the President of their own country. Can't blame Biden for that. That is all on Donnie and his hordes. Putin is going to push until we push back. He will keep going until his bayonet runs into a stone wall.

We could have pushed back in Ukraine. It would have been so easy to simply put an Air Cap over Ukraine and Putin's Ukraine adventure would have been over. Russian Air assets cannot compete with US and allied air assets. This whole thing would have been over as soon as we put a coalition Air Cap over Ukraine. BUT NOOOOOO. Either Biden did not try which I doubt....or the Euros like the French and the Germans who have more to lose to a Putin running wild simply have no taste for ANYTHING. FUGGING IDIOTS.

Last edited:
Putin is off and running now. He figures he has us on the run and on the back foot. Trump utterly gutted this country and the west generally has simply has not been able to recover. We are so wrapped around our own axle that we have Amerian Russia-cons actively supporting Putin over the President of their own country. Can't blame Biden for that. That is all on Donnie and his hordes. Putin is going to push until we push back. He will keep going until his bayonet runs into a stone wall.

We could have pushed back in Ukraine. It would have been so easy to simply put an Air Cap over Ukraine and Putin's Ukraine adventure would have been over. Russian Air assets cannot compete with US and allied air assets. This whole thing would have been over as soon as we put a coalition Air Cap over Ukraine. BUT NOOOOOO. Either Biden did not try which I doubt....or the Euros like the French and the Germans who have more to lose to a Putin running wild simply have no taste for ANYTHING. FUGGING IDIOTS.
I think you would have had a hard time convincing either of those european countries to do so. I do think though that Putin has made his situation worse and that Sweden and even Finland may join NATO. That would place a solid wall of NATO countries on Russia's east and that would be the opposite of what Putin was trying to do.

Back
Top Bottom