• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

notifies from ignore list

Status
Not open for further replies.

chromium

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
guessing this is too much work, but i keep hit by quotes from those on ignore. One thick headed d-bag in particular has quoted me about 40x lately and i get notified EVERY time. I think that preventing this would be a popular feature

I can see how that might be useful. Unfortunately, I don’t think the underlying software has the scope to do anything like that.

Joe is correct. Software cannot do this.

Joe is correct. Software cannot do this.

Really ? Adding a script that checks if the commentator is in the ignore list before notifying doesn't sound impossible.

Then again I don't know what the debatepolitics.com server is running. Did you ask the dev?

Really ? Adding a script that checks if the commentator is in the ignore list before notifying doesn't sound impossible.

Then again I don't know what the debatepolitics.com server is running. Did you ask the dev?
The software isn’t developed especially for this site, it’s generic forum software used by loads of different sites. The company that produces the software could well add the feature you’re suggesting but it’s not in the power of the DP staff to do it.

What Joe said. The software if from vBulletin. We cannot alter that kind of code. The developers at vBulletin would need to "patch" the software to allow this.

guessing this is too much work, but i keep hit by quotes from those on ignore. One thick headed d-bag in particular has quoted me about 40x lately and i get notified EVERY time. I think that preventing this would be a popular feature

At least you know, when they are commenting the wisdom of your words.

Got my hopes up. The block list seems pretty redundant without the ability to block notifications. Is there a way to disable 'all' notifications?

At least you know, when they are commenting the wisdom of your words.

yes, i do rest assured that they're wrong whenever they reply to me, but it's still annoying

Got my hopes up. The block list seems pretty redundant without the ability to block notifications. Is there a way to disable 'all' notifications?

On general settings there is a disable for notifications.

Who Quoted Me:

Disable

Disable Who Quoted Me notifications

Disable all notifications altogether.

It's better that way.

Question answered. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom