• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

No white Xmas for me...but at least Im not alone

tecoyah

Illusionary
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Yeah Yeah....Global Warming....Limate Change...Yada Yada Yada...

But Dammit, Its freakin' 60 degrees at 8am on Dec 20th in Northern NY....I'm Getting Pissed.

"Chances of a White Christmas 'bleakest in 20 years'

Publisher: Ian Morgan
Published: 16/12/2006

The odds of a White Christmas at are their bleakest in 20 years, bookmakers said today.

With snow having yet to put in an appearance at all this winter, bookmakers William Hill have now started taking bets on whether December 25 will be wet or warm in an effort to drum up seasonal business.

The odds against snow falling at any time during the 24 hours of Christmas Day are the longest they have been for over a decade.

The bookmakers is offering 10/1 for a White Christmas to happen in London, 9/1 in Cardiff and 7/1 in Glasgow.

Graham Sharpe of William Hill said: "The odds are twice as long as normal, but even a few flakes could still cost us a six figure payout as many people placed their bets weeks, if not months ago and there are plenty of punters sceptical about whether global warming really exists."

However, for those betting against a White Christmas, there is the chance to put money on a record-high Christmas Day temperature.

William Hill is offering 10-1 if the record of 15.5C (60F), set in 1920 at Killington in Devon, is beaten."

Chances of a White Christmas 'bleakest in 20 years' | 24dash.com - Environment

No snow here in Wisconsin either. Might get a dusting on Xmas eve, but it sucks for snowmobile dealers here.

high 30s here in MO. we probably won't get snow, but I still like the cold weather.

None in Wisconsin either? wow

Nope, we had a nice snow storm in November ( which I had to drive through for 3 hours to make a big sale, that was fun ), but its all melted, maybe a little up north by lake superior, but I am not sure.

Hey knock global warming all you want, but it has probably saved my marriage since I moved my wife from Charelston, SC to the middle of Wisconsin.

Nope, we had a nice snow storm in November ( which I had to drive through for 3 hours to make a big sale, that was fun ), but its all melted, maybe a little up north by lake superior, but I am not sure.

Hey knock global warming all you want, but it has probably saved my marriage since I moved my wife from Charelston, SC to the middle of Wisconsin.
:confused: You lost me with the marriage part

It was in the 70's yesterday here. I wanted to turn the air on, got 78 in my room at night. Cooler today though. Right nice weather for December.

:confused: You lost me with the marriage part

Well she probably wouldn't be here if winter was like it used to be. With about 3 feet of snow and below zero temps for a few weeks. She can handle 30s-40s, and no snow.

no snow in northern MN either, starting to tick a lot of people off. I want to figure out how to move to Canada, at least they have snow and it gets below 20 degrees.

:lol: :lol:
No snow here in Wisconsin either. Might get a dusting on Xmas eve, but it sucks for snowmobile dealers here.

I live in the middle of sweden and there isn't a white spot on the ground anywere. No snow at all in December and nothing in January so far, just green fields that makes me wonder if we changed season here.

And some people believes that we have polar bears running around in this country!

In Reno half my favorite ski resort, which I have a season pass to, doesn't have enough snow to open :(

Back
Top Bottom