• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No question why to police failed to go in right away to stop the shooter in Uvalde

It was really, justifiable fear of what they would run into trying to storm the room. If the kid had a hand gun, they probably would have done so, but the AR15 made it very possible that they would be killed or injured attempting to rush the killer. Most of the cops wore vest, but without plates. Such vest would probably not stopped the bullets for the AR15. When they finally went in it was with a shield that the AR15 could not penetrate. This is why cops in this and other such situations are afraid to rush killers who are armed with military style weapons. I have seen what an M16 does to flesh and even a hit in an unprotected arm or leg can mean death.

Yet another reason to ban assault style weapons and large magazines.

Yes. My 308 rifle which is one of the most common for deer and elk, is a semi auto rifle with a detachable magazine. It fires just as fast as my AR15 and AK47. And ballisticlly speaking the 308 is more devastating.
Actually you might be wrong. Have you ever seen what a bullet does to a human body when it hits? It is a small bullet, but with the high velocity it cause major tissue damage and often spins inside the body. And I bet your hunting rifle is a lot heavier than the AR15, making it harder to carry and use inside a building.

It was really, justifiable fear of what they would run into trying to storm the room. If the kid had a hand gun, they probably would have done so, but the AR15 made it very possible that they would be killed or injured attempting to rush the killer. Most of the cops wore vest, but without plates. Such vest would probably not stopped the bullets for the AR15. When they finally went in it was with a shield that the AR15 could not penetrate. This is why cops in this and other such situations are afraid to rush killers who are armed with military style weapons. I have seen what an M16 does to flesh and even a hit in an unprotected arm or leg can mean death.
It was their job to engage the shooter and keep their attention.
I can understand the fear, but they let it stop them from doing the job.

There is a ton of misinformation flying around about this incident as we speak ....... witnesses said at least 40 minutes nothing was done.......now the number 60 minutes is out and about.

Time to terminate the Abbot administration and some law enforcement officials ...........what the hell is going
on. People from around the world knew this was going on .....

Did this unstable dude really shoot his grandmother first?

The list of mass shootings by people all of which have been 20 years old to 17 years old?

Who is influencing these young people?

It was their job to engage the shooter and keep their attention.
I can understand the fear, but they let it stop them from doing the job.
Only if it was tactically feasible.

I'm not going to second guess their tactics yet, but the investigation will shed more light on what they should have done.

There is a ton of misinformation flying around about this incident as we speak ....... witnesses said at least 40 minutes nothing was done.......now the number 60 minutes is out and about.

Time to terminate the Abbot administration and some law enforcement officials ...........what the hell is going
on. People from around the world knew this was going on .....

Did this unstable dude really shoot his grandmother first?
There are great reasons to get rid of Abbot but this shooting isn't one. Reports are yes, she is in critical condition.

Cops waited for backup while kids were being killed inside. And they kept the parents from going in to save their own kids. Shameful performance from the police all around.
Charge them all as accessories.

Forget it, the officers in Ubalde were far more interested in giving the parents a hard time over trying to prevent loss of life.

Cops wouldnt stop me from saving my kid.

Return fire greatly reduces the aim of an 18 year old.

Cops shooting into a classroom full of kids? Seems kind of iffy. That may have finished off any kids not already finished off by the shooter.

Oh FFS. Lots of men and women have engaged in combat without armor. Ask a Ukrainian if they'd sit around and wait until they got a better vest before fightingthe Russians that are blowing their kids up.

Isn't Texas chockfull of "good guys with guns"? Where are they? They never seem to be around when you need them!

Isn't Texas chockfull of "good guys with guns"? Where are they? They never seem to be around when you need them!
I saw them standing behind the stuttering chief at the news conferance in suits and cowboy hats. Big dumb ass holes, all lined up for the camera.
Just like their hats, their guns are for "notice me" displays.

Every picture I've seen of that school shows walls full of windows. Wouldn't you go out around and look through the window to see what was going on? I know I would.

Another clown car post.
Trumpism has lots of packed clown cars
Is he talking about cars being used as weapons? Otherwise, it has nothing to do with this thread topic. Also, cars were not made explicitly as devices to kill unlike guns.

Every picture I've seen of that school shows walls full of windows. Wouldn't you go out around and look through the window to see what was going on? I know I would.
I wondered the same thing, and assumed maybe this room didn't have any. If they did, it's hard to understand.

Is he talking about cars being used as weapons? Otherwise, it has nothing to do with this thread topic. Also, cars were not made explicitly as devices to kill unlike guns.
way back when i think someone must have just been looking for lots of deaths and settled on car wrecks.

way back when i think someone must have just been looking for lots of deaths and settled on car wrecks.
Why not cancer as an analogy? 😆 Why isn't anyone trying to stop that!!!

Back
Top Bottom