• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Playoffs

Jay59

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This week saw six teams clinch division titles and/or a playoff seat. Interestingly, only one is in the AFC where a change in power seems to be underway. The Cowboys, Buccaneers, Packers, and Chiefs all clinched their respective divisions. The Rams and Cardinals are still arguing over the division, but both made the playoffs.

Notably absent from this list are the patriots, the Ravens, the Bills, the Browns, and the Saints. Indeed, preseason darling Cleveland needs help just to make the playoffs. While their All-Pro RB Derrick Henry is on injured reserve, the Tennessee titans continue to win games. The scary newcomers are both in the AFC, Indianapolis and Cincinnati.

The Cowboys were in top form against the no names last night. Next week against the Cardinals will tell if they are really a SB contender or not.

The Cowboys were in top form against the no names last night. Next week against the Cardinals will tell if they are really a SB contender or not.
The same is true with the Chiefs and Bengals.

About the Cowboys, for the last 5-6 games, Dak Prescott has looked off. Not this week.

Surprisingly, at least to me, Miami moves into the #7 slot by beating New Orleans.

Last edited:
The same is true with the Chiefs and Bengals.

About the Cowboys, for the last 5-6 games, Dak Prescott has looked off. Not this week.

Surprisingly, at least to me, Miami moves into the #7 slot by beating New Orleans.

The Saints drop to #10 but still have a very good shot to make the playoffs if they win their last 2.

Ok. I'm going BIG or going home, or maybe both. I predicted before this season started that the Buffalo Bills would finally win the Super Bowl, and make Scott Norwood one happy camper. After last weeks dominating road victory against the Patriots, guys getting healthy, and seem to be starting to peak at the right time, I like my chances with the Bills. Buckle up. These NFL games are going to be fantastic this year. Almost 60% of the teams in the NFL have either 7-8, or 8-7 records. Enjoy the show!

Ok. I'm going BIG or going home, or maybe both. I predicted before this season started that the Buffalo Bills would finally win the Super Bowl, and make Scott Norwood one happy camper. After last weeks dominating road victory against the Patriots, guys getting healthy, and seem to be starting to peak at the right time, I like my chances with the Bills. Buckle up. These NFL games are going to be fantastic this year. Almost 60% of the teams in the NFL have either 7-8, or 8-7 records. Enjoy the show!
Dont get much more parity than that.

Joe Burrow just destroyed franchise records in big win. I like Cinnci

Joe Burrow just destroyed franchise records in big win. I like Cinnci
We'll find out a lot this week. They play the hottest team in the NFL, Kansas City.

Most likely NFC events this weekend

Eagles clinch with a win over the no names and loses by Minnesota (vs GB) and Saints (vs Panthers) or SF win (vs Houston)

Falcons eliminated with loss to the Bills

Green Bay and Dallas are the front runners from the NFC IMO...and assuming Green Bay wins this weekend and they have the home field advantage throughout the playoffs...probably the odds on favorite. But I mwouldnt be surprised if Dallas with their defense wins it all. Tampa Bay is in the mix but they have to find some offensive and defensive consistency.

The AFC is a a little Jekyll and Hyde-ish. I think on any given weekend KC, Buffalo, or Cincinnati can boom or bust.

Green Bay and Dallas are the front runners from the NFC IMO...and assuming Green Bay wins this weekend and they have the home field advantage throughout the playoffs...probably the odds on favorite. But I mwouldnt be surprised if Dallas with their defense wins it all. Tampa Bay is in the mix but they have to find some offensive and defensive consistency.

The AFC is a a little Jekyll and Hyde-ish. I think on any given weekend KC, Buffalo, or Cincinnati can boom or bust.

Dallas has the #1 DOVA defense. This team is comparable to the 1995 team in metrics. It's going to be a fun playoffs

Dallas has the #1 DOVA defense. This team is comparable to the 1995 team in metrics. It's going to be a fun playoffs
Did you mean DVOA, Defensive Value Above Average?

That surprises me, though it probably shouldn't. I would have guessed New England or Buffalo, then New Orleans. The AFC East has three nasty defenses and the Jets. Even Miami is quietly top 10.

Another one to watch the Kansas City. They have climbed from #31 to #16 and are playing at a top 10 level in November and December. They had injury problems early in the season and some moves that did not pan out, but trading for Melvin Ingram has been transformative. Their discount-counter secondary is downright nasty when they get some pass rush. If they had a decent offense they'd be dangerous.

Did you mean DVOA, Defensive Value Above Average?

That surprises me, though it probably shouldn't. I would have guessed New England or Buffalo, then New Orleans. The AFC East has three nasty defenses and the Jets. Even Miami is quietly top 10.

Another one to watch the Kansas City. They have climbed from #31 to #16 and are playing at a top 10 level in November and December. They had injury problems early in the season and some moves that did not pan out, but trading for Melvin Ingram has been transformative. Their discount-counter secondary is downright nasty when they get some pass rush. If they had a decent offense they'd be dangerous.

Yeah I meant DVOA.

Here are the 3 most likely SB matchups according to football outsiders

FHzekIUXIAQ587c.jpeg

I think Dallas has the most complete roster in the NFL. It's gonna be tough for them if they have to go to Green Bay. Tampa was able to pull off the win last year in Green Bay but that was at full strength and no fans. It's not looking good for them this year.

Pencil KC in the Super Bowl. Buffalo is the only team that can beat them but they don't run well and they can't stop the run.

It's gonna be Green Bay vs KC.

I think Dallas has the most complete roster in the NFL. It's gonna be tough for them if they have to go to Green Bay. Tampa was able to pull off the win last year in Green Bay but that was at full strength and no fans. It's not looking good for them this year.

Pencil KC in the Super Bowl. Buffalo is the only team that can beat them but they don't run well and they can't stop the run.

It's gonna be Green Bay vs KC.

GB has gotten every break there is this year I don't see that continuing to the SB

GB has gotten every break there is this year I don't see that continuing to the SB
Their Defense is getting healthy and already playing well. They have a great ground attack which is an advantage in potentially bad weather. They will have home field advantage. They have the best QB.

I think they have a great chance to get to the SB.

That's something I thought about when I was watching them play Cleveland. Mayfield threw 4 interceptions and they only won by 2 points.

With the 2021-2022 regular season over for all 32 teams, this thread is only about the postseason.

For the first time ever, one wild card game will be played on a Monday night.

I am excited about the playoffs starting on Saturday. Which games are you all watching?

Here is the opening round. I'm looking at the Sunday night game, but that's just me being a fan.
https://nflplayoffpass.com/schedule/

When are the NFL Wild card playoff games in 2022?​

NFL Wild card playoff games play on Saturday, Jan 15, 2022 to Monday, Jan 17, 2022. Last year NFL expanded the Playoff to include Six total Wild Card Games. Three games were played on Saturday, and the rest three games played on Sunday.

This format will slightly change this year. Two of the Wild card games are played on Saturday, Three will be played on Sunday, and One Wild Card game will be played Monday evening. Here is the Complete Schedule of the NFL Wild card playoff games:

DateMatchupStart time (ET)LocationTV ChannelScores
Saturday, Jan 15, 2022Las Vegas Raiders at Cincinnati Bengals4:35 p.m. ETPaul Brown Stadium Cincinnati, OHNBC
Saturday, Jan 15, 2022New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills8:15 p.m. ETHighmark Stadium Orchard Park, NYCBS
Sunday, Jan 16, 2022Philadelphia Eagles at Tampa Bay Buccaneers1:05 p.m. ETRaymond James Stadium Tampa, FLFOX
Sunday, Jan 16, 2022San Francisco 49ers at Dallas Cowboys4:40 p.m. ETAT&T Stadium Arlington, TXCBS
Sunday, Jan 16, 2022Pittsburgh Steelers at Kansas City Chiefs8:15 p.m. ETArrowhead Stadium Kansas City, MONBC

Monday, Jan 17, 2022Arizona Cardinals at Los Angeles Rams8:15 p.m. ETSoFi Stadium Inglewood, CAESPN

I don't see why there is a Monday night game, they could have 3 or Saturday if they wanted to televise them all separately.

I don't see why there is a Monday night game, they could have 3 or Saturday if they wanted to televise them all separately.
Sometimes it’s just floating an idea and seeing how it works. The winner will play Sunday. I’d consider Monday on out all three weeks of the playoffs. See what colleges are missing?! Dumb ****s.

I have 💡 on your team. I just hit Hunter Refrow’s receiving yards at 54.5. Props just hit DK and FD.

Sometimes it’s just floating an idea and seeing how it works. The winner will play Sunday. I’d consider Monday on out all three weeks of the playoffs. See what colleges are missing?! Dumb ****s.

I have 💡 on your team. I just hit Hunter Refrow’s receiving yards at 54.5. Props just hit DK and FD.

We will see what the ratings say but being on ESPN I would be they will pale in comparison to what they are on network TV

Money, of course.

The Monday night game is ESPN, which is another network, paying another big check.

We will see what the ratings say but being on ESPN I would be they will pale in comparison to what they are on network TV
The question is whether they pale compared to other Monday night programs.

Back
Top Bottom