• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York Times: Senate Confirms Nominees as G.O.P. Discontent Rises

Unitedwestand13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/19/us/politics/senate-confirms-labor-secretary-nominee.html?_r=0

It seems that the usual political stereotype of senate democrats lacking backbone does not apply in this case.

some more from the article about the reaction to the confirmation Of Thomas Perez as labor secretary

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/19/us/politics/senate-confirms-labor-secretary-nominee.html?_r=0

the last bit of the article

So it seems obama got his nominees confirmed, and the republicans got.... come to think about it they did not get much out of the deal at all.

but why is no one talking about this except me?

WTF do you want to hear? Just carry on your leftwing gloat thread, we'll watch.

Personally, I would have liked to see the rules changed, but glad Dems finally stood up to the pressure and got something for not changing them.

But doesn't mean we need to gloat or anything.

personally i want to hear something from the other side about what has happened related to the fillibuster deal that prevented Harry reid from changing the senate rules.

Personally, I would have liked to see the rules changed, but glad Dems finally stood up to the pressure and got something for not changing them.

But doesn't mean we need to gloat or anything.

yeah i wish that the democrats could have brought up the talking filibuster as a idea.

I'll keep this in mind next time a right-wing circle-jerk thread comes up.

It seems that the usual political stereotype of senate democrats lacking backbone does not apply in this case.

Who would ever say that? They have gotten almost everything they really want through. I mean,as a conservative,if the GOP had been as successful in implementing what I supported,I would be VERY happy. Just goes to show "liberals"a term I think is not really accurate,want total power.

Allowing a President to choose those that work for him is nothing to gloat about. It's in the Constitution and this merely corrects a minority party that has been unwilling to follow it..

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…