• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York Lt. Gov. Brian Benjamin arrested in campaign finance scheme

Good. If he committed a crime I hope he gets a speedy trial and goes to jail if guilty.

#metoo

What other crooked politicians were arrested in New York recently?

The thing about this deflection is that it calls into question the sincerity of your previous statement.

If you're genuinely concerned about corruption, you wouldn't be resorting to whattaboutism.

#metoo

The thing about this deflection is that it calls into question the sincerity of your previous statement.

If you're genuinely concerned about corruption, you wouldn't be resorting to whattaboutism.

You said this in your OP:

Another crooked politician arrested in New York.

What other crooked politician was arrested in New York recently?

What spin? There is nothing but speculation, and even if there is something, he is not considered in my point since he is not a politician. You are defending Republican acceptance of corruption by pointing to a conspiracy theory about a politicians kid. You have to realize how dumb that is even if you can't admit it since you are not allowed to speak ill of the Trump talking points. But I know deep down inside you see how dumb it is.
The DNC spin you follow faithfully.

Today you parrot that it's just "speculation." A year and a half ago the existence of laptop itself was a fiction:

1649789353624.png

Tomorrow it will be "Yes, those message are real, and what they prove is concerning, but it's not really a crime ..."

Stop bleating and start thinking.

You said this in your OP:

What other crooked politician was arrested in New York recently?

My statement wasn't intended to be isolated to New York politicians or I would have written, "Another crooked New York Politician arrested". But that's not what I wrote. And that's also not your objection, or even a sincere question.

I've noticed you seem to try and to get discussions bogged down on specific words and want to argue semantics and sentence structure. Which is what you're doing here. What you're really engaging in is deflection. You're just looking for a point of faux contention to derail the thread.

It's a weird thing to upset yourself with when the discussion is about corruption. But then again, you're not upset about corruption, you want to set up some goal posts and demand a kicker.

My statement wasn't intended to be isolated to New York politicians or I would have written, "Another crooked New York Politician arrested". But that's not what I wrote. And that's also not your objection, or even a sincere question.

I've noticed you seem to try and to get discussions bogged down on specific words and want to argue semantics and sentence structure. Which is what you're doing here. What you're really engaging in is deflection. You're just looking for a point of faux contention to derail the thread.

It's a weird thing to upset yourself with when the discussion is about corruption. But then again, you're not upset about corruption, you want to set up some goal posts and demand a kicker.

You're saying you didn't write your own OP? Here is what you wrote:

So you're claiming to not have written that, or you don't understand your own post?

Deflection from what? I said I hope he goes to jail if he's guilty.

So you're claiming to not have written that, or you don't understand your own post?

LOL. I'm not bogged down by your inability to read. Have a great day.

LOL. I'm not bogged down by your inability to read. Have a great day.

You think this is a board filled with stupid people? It isn't.

You screwed up and you know it.

I'd like to see you post "Another homeless camp in San Francisco" and have us believe you are talking about any random homeless camp in any city. Dumb people may believe that. Smart ones don't.

You think this is a board filled with stupid people? It isn't.

You screwed up and you know it.

I'd like to see you post "Another homeless camp in San Francisco" and have us believe you are talking about any random homeless camp in any city. Dumb people may believe that. Smart ones don't.

So you don't want to discuss the topic and attack the poster.

I'm sure whoever monitors that sees it.

Political corruption is not unique to NY, but they've had quite a run:
  • 2006 Hevesi, state comptroller, pleads guilty to fraud and later pay-to-play.
  • 2008 GOP state senator resigned after federal corruption charges.
  • 2010 Lt. Gov Paterson resigned after allegations of witness tampering and lying under oath.
  • 2011 Eliot Spitzer's prostitution scandal.
  • 2011 The oh-so-aptly-named Anthony Weiner resigns after texting pictures of his junk
  • 2015 State Assembly Speaker resigned after being arrested for federal corruption charges.
  • 2017 GOP state senate majority leader resigned after an arrest on federal corruption charges.
  • 2018 state AG resigned after public accusations of sexual harassment.
  • 2021 Cuomo resigns after accusations of sexual harassment.
Both parties. There's something in the water there.

The DNC spin you follow faithfully.

Today you parrot that it's just "speculation." A year and a half ago the existence of laptop itself was a fiction:

View attachment 67385261

Tomorrow it will be "Yes, those message are real, and what they prove is concerning, but it's not really a crime ..."

Stop bleating and start thinking.

So I quote you saying that the this hunter shit is a conspiracy theory so now to discredit me you are posting me from a year and half ago saying that hunters laptop is a conspiracy theory.

Again you have to realize how dumb your stance here is. You are trying to discredit something I said by showing that I've been saying it for nearly 2 years consistently. I don't think that is as damning as you think it is.

So I quote you saying that the this hunter shit is a conspiracy theory so now to discredit me you are posting me from a year and half ago saying that hunters laptop is a conspiracy theory.

Again you have to realize how dumb your stance here is. You are trying to discredit something I said by showing that I've been saying it for nearly 2 years consistently. I don't think that is as damning as you think it is.

LOL!

It's like arguing with a 5-year-old about jumping on the bed.

The left won't even allow the rights to have their own echo chamber! So unfair.

What I'm doing is successfully demonstrating your expressed opinions on this matter are very consistent with the evolving set of DNC talking points.

In other words, given you were so willing to believe the laptop was Russian disinformation when it was very clear the laptop was Hunter's, why should we give your assessment credit now?

• 2010 Lt. Gov Paterson resigned after allegations of witness tampering and lying under oath.
  • 2011 The oh-so-aptly-named Anthony Weiner resigns after texting pictures of his junk
  • 2015 State Assembly Speaker resigned after being arrested for federal corruption charges.
  • 2017 GOP state senate majority leader resigned after an arrest on federal corruption charges.
Sounds like Illinois. Mostly in the Crook County area.

None of your example use the object word?

Little or no support, are you joking? Look at how the establishment rallied around the Biden camp when the news broke on Hunter Biden's laptop just before the 2020 elections.
Please explain the connection between the OP topic and Hunter Biden.

Back
Top Bottom