• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

New video shows poll workers violating Georgia election law

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This video was presented today in Georgia at the hearing held on voting irregularities, and It doesn't look good.

One thing it shows with absolute certainty, which backs up the affidavits submitted by 2 whistleblowers, is a poll worker telling the media and observers they are calling it quits for the night, and after they leave the poll workers jumped back into action counting votes. What isn't certain are the ballots that were covered up with a table clothe and stored under a table in suitcases, that the poll workers retrieved and were submitting into the machines.

What I don't know is how the state is going to resolve this. It's estimated they could have run as many as 18,000 ballots during that time, all of which were counted illegally. 18,000 is a very significant number of ballots.

Watch for yourself:

This video was presented today in Georgia at the hearing held on voting irregularities, and It doesn't look good.

One thing it shows with absolute certainty, which backs up the affidavits submitted by 2 whistleblowers, is a poll worker telling the media and observers they are calling it quits for the night, and after they leave the poll workers jumped back into action counting votes. What isn't certain are the ballots that were covered up with a table clothe and stored under a table in suitcases, that the poll workers retrieved and were submitting into the machines.

What I don't know is how the state is going to resolve this. It's estimated they could have run as many as 18,000 ballots during that time, all of which were counted illegally. 18,000 is a very significant number of ballots.

Watch for yourself:

To claim there's fraud here seems pretty nebulous. You can't tell what's going-on from the video. They're counting ballots.

Watch for yourself:

What a pile of shit. You are not smart.

Republican officials have already investigated this:

Two high-level officials with the Georgia secretary of state's office and a state elections board monitor each told Lead Stories that their investigations revealed nothing suspicious in the video. The officials said the ballots seen in the video were in regular ballot containers -- not suitcases -- and they had been removed from their envelopes and processed while news media and election observers for the Republican Party and Trump campaign were present. The media and party observers were never told to leave because counting was over for the night, but they apparently followed workers who left once their job of opening envelopes was completed, the chief investigator for the secretary of state told Lead Stories. The observers were free to return at anytime, she said. Georgia law allows observers, but does not require them to be there for ballots to be counted, she said.

To claim there's fraud here seems pretty nebulous. You can't tell what's going-on from the video. They're counting ballots.

It's against the law to count ballots without observers presents. There's no getting around that.

What the video shows is after they announce to observers and the media that counting will be suspended for the evening, all the poll workers stopped counting ballots... After the last observer and member of the media leaves the building, the poll workers immediately grab suitcases full of ballots go back to work counting ballots.

Now let me ask you one serious question that I would really like your take on, because even though we often disagree, you are one of the posters here that I have respect for.

It's clear that waiting until every member of the public had left the room before counting those ballots was deliberate and done by design, so my question to you is:
Other than some form of fraud, can you think of any reason that would explain why those poll workers lied to the public and counted ballots without being observed?

Thanks.

edit: I'm not certain about the law in Georgia concerning observers, so my first sentence may be incorrect..

Last edited:
It's against the law to count ballots without observers presents. There's no getting around that.

What the video shows is after they announce to observers and the media that counting will be suspended for the evening, all the poll workers stopped counting ballots... After the last observer and member of the media leaves the building, the poll workers immediately grab suitcases full of ballots go back to work counting ballots.

Now let me ask you one serious question that I would really like your take on, because even though we often disagree, you are one of the posters here that I have respect for.

It's clear that waiting until every member of the public had left the room before counting those ballots was deliberate and done by design, so my question to you is:
Other than some form of fraud, can you think of any reason that would explain why those poll workers lied to the public, chose to knowingly violate election law, and count ballots without being observed?

Thanks.
Other than some form of fraud, can you think of any reason that would explain why Trump's lawyers lied to the public and presented debunked claims like this one as true?

The workers did not violate election law. Election observers have a right to be present, but do not have to be present for voting to continue. The observers were not told to leave, they left on their own. etc...

Other than some form of fraud, can you think of any reason that would explain why Trump's lawyers lied to the public and presented debunked claims like this one as true?

The workers did not violate election law. Election observers have a right to be present, but do not have to be present for voting to continue. The observers were not told to leave, they left on their own. etc...
No matter how many times these guys get proved wrong, they keep coming up with new allegations. There's no shame it's unreal.

Sorry, but this is not about Trump, it's about our electoral system.

Here is what I found on a Lawfareblog.com:

Poll watchers in Georgia may also observe “the counting and recording of votes.” They may not directly challenge observed irregularities or infractions or file complaints with the poll managers. However, they may report any observed issues to the election superintendent. Further, Georgia poll watchers are allowed to access the area where the ballots are counted and can observe both the counting and recording of these ballots.

I would think Trump would tire of losing over and over and over and over again.....................

These ongoing failed attempts is like his campaign is dying a death of 1000 cuts.

Sorry, but this is not about Trump, it's about our electoral system.

Here is what I found on a Lawfareblog.com:

Poll watchers in Georgia may also observe “the counting and recording of votes.” They may not directly challenge observed irregularities or infractions or file complaints with the poll managers. However, they may report any observed issues to the election superintendent. Further, Georgia poll watchers are allowed to access the area where the ballots are counted and can observe both the counting and recording of these ballots.

Exactly, the are allowed, not required. They left of their own free will. Nobody kept them from observing.

yeah, well we'll see how far this one goes. Almost 40 different lawsuits at this point, almost all of the thrown out of court. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Video is clearly marked November 1st.

What are you talking about? It's marked the 3rd. In the US 11/3/20 means November 3rd, 2020. I realize that where you come from that date might translate to March, 11th but, since the people in the video are counting ballots and since it's from the US the only logical assumption would be the November 3rd date.

Exactly, the are allowed, not required. They left of their own free will. Nobody kept them from observing.

Well, that's not what their sworn affidavits said.

Maybe you could explain a few things since you claim to have all the answers...

If that head poll worker didn't tell the media and observers at 10:00 they were not counting anymore that night, then what did she say to them?
Why did most of the workers go home right after the head poll worker talked to the media and observers, when there were still 10's of thousands of ballots to count?
Why did the poll workers that stayed stop counting ballots and wait until the last of the media and observers left the building, to grab batches of ballots and resume counting again?

I didn't watch the video.

Interesting issue. If someone said they were done counting then started counting again, that's suspicious activity and wrong. Ballots should be handled carefully: Some entity should be locking them somewhere and they should be guarded. Hire Brinks trucks and personnel, or something.

And was it verified, genuine and convincing enough not to get the case tossed?

And was it verified, genuine and convincing enough not to get the case tossed?

My questions still remain...

Why did most of the workers go home at 10pm, when there were still 10's of thousands of ballots to count?
Why did the poll workers that stayed stop counting and processing ballots and wait until the last of the media and observers left the building, to grab batches of ballots and resume running them through the machines again?

Watch for yourself:

An 18,000 vote difference could reverse the outcome as the difference between the two is less.

No, it is not nebulous. There were counting ballots after ordering all observers out of the room. This is in direct violation of Georgia state law. It is not necessary to provide fraud, only that state law was violated.

Did they leave after being mislead into believing the count was not going to recontinue until the next morning?

My questions still remain...

Why did most of the workers go home at 10pm, when there were still 10's of thousands of ballots to count?
Why did the poll workers that stayed stop counting and processing ballots and wait until the last of the media and observers left the building, to grab batches of ballots and resume running them through the machines again?

Ask the court. Did it accept that these allegations actually happened or was there a lack of evidence?

Back
Top Bottom