• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New studies agree that animals sold at Wuhan market are most likely what started Covid-19 pandemic

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

(CNN)In June, the World Health Organization recommended that scientists continue to research all possible origins of the Covid-19 pandemic, including a lab leak. Two newly published studies take totally different approaches but arrive at the same conclusion: The Huanan Seafood Market in Wuhan, China, was most likely the epicenter for the coronavirus.

The studies were posted online as preprints in February but have now undergone peer review and were published Tuesday in the journal Science.

More than 40% of parents of young kids say they will not get their child a Covid-19 vaccine, survey finds

In one, scientists from around the world used mapping tools and social media reports to do a spatial and environmental analysis. They suggest that although the "exact circumstances remain obscure," the virus was probably present in live animals sold at the market in late 2019. The animals were held close together and could easily have exchanged germs. However, the study does not determine which animals may have been sick.
================================================================
Conspiracy theories that China developed COVID-19 as a bioweapon are all bunk. Why make a bug that immediately infects your own country?

(CNN)In June, the World Health Organization recommended that scientists continue to research all possible origins of the Covid-19 pandemic, including a lab leak. Two newly published studies take totally different approaches but arrive at the same conclusion: The Huanan Seafood Market in Wuhan, China, was most likely the epicenter for the coronavirus.

The studies were posted online as preprints in February but have now undergone peer review and were published Tuesday in the journal Science.

More than 40% of parents of young kids say they will not get their child a Covid-19 vaccine, survey finds

In one, scientists from around the world used mapping tools and social media reports to do a spatial and environmental analysis. They suggest that although the "exact circumstances remain obscure," the virus was probably present in live animals sold at the market in late 2019. The animals were held close together and could easily have exchanged germs. However, the study does not determine which animals may have been sick.
Conspiracy theories that China developed COVID-19 as a bioweapon are all bunk. Why make a bug that immediately infects your own country?
The claim was that the virus escaped from a lab that was studying corona viruses. And that is exactly what happened. Not sure why you libs feel the need to lift any responsibility for this from the Chinese government.

The claim was that the virus escaped from a lab that was studying corona viruses. And that is exactly what happened. Not sure why you libs feel the need to lift any responsibility for this from the Chinese government.
You cannot prove or know that that is how it happened.
You can only guess or believe.

If you think otherwise?
Well...the rules don't permit me saying more.

You cannot prove or know that that is how it happened.
You can only guess or believe.

If you think otherwise?
Well...the rules don't permit me saying more.
The Chinese have blocked any attempts to investigate the lab and have come up with no evidence that it came from anywhere else. That should tell you all you need to know. But it doesnt because libs just cant bring themselves to question their chinese masters.

4 days ago...

Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19​

COVID-19. We’ve been living with it for what sometimes seems like forever. Given the number of deaths that have occurred from the disease, it’s perhaps not surprising that some consumers are turning to drugs not approved or authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

One of the FDA’s jobs is to carefully evaluate the scientific data on a drug to be sure that it is both safe and effective for a particular use. In some instances, it can be highly dangerous to use a medicine for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19 that has not been approved by or has not received emergency use authorization from the FDA.

There seems to be a growing interest in a drug called ivermectin for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19 in humans. Certain animal formulations of ivermectin such as pour-on, injectable, paste, and "drench," are approved in the U.S. to treat or prevent parasites in animals. For humans, ivermectin tablets are approved at very specific doses to treat some parasitic worms, and there are topical (on the skin) formulations for head lice and skin conditions like rosacea.
==============================================================
Ivermectin is to treat parasites in farm animals. It is not an antiviral drug.

The Chinese have blocked any attempts to investigate the lab and have come up with no evidence that it came from anywhere else. That should tell you all you need to know. But it doesnt because libs just cant bring themselves to question their chinese masters.
Exactly......no doubt in my mind it was the lab and the Chicoms are doing there best to cover it up

Seriously....If you have an outbreak of chocolate in Hershey Pennsylvania......you think maybe the first place you'd look was the damn chocolate factory???? Or would you go running to investigate all the pet stores in town???

At this point, I don't think conservatives even know why they still hold onto this idea.

Good to see WHO hanging on to their original nonsense. Luckily I'm not that naive.

Unless China gives the world full transparency regarding data & the early days of COVID in China, we'll never know where this beast really came from.

Exactly......no doubt in my mind it was the lab and the Chicoms are doing there best to cover it up

Seriously....If you have an outbreak of chocolate in Hershey Pennsylvania......you think maybe the first place you'd look was the damn chocolate factory???? Or would you go running to investigate all the pet stores in town???
There is a lab in Wuhan China that studies bat Corona viruses. A bat Corona virus appears in Wuhan China. For the empty liberal mind that is unable to put two and two together, they conclude that the virus must have come from anywhere but the lab.

I don't agree with your crush Trump. Did he lie when he was orgasming publicly over Xi and how China was doing everything they could to stop Covid?
Another angry and stupid post from you. Let me know when you calm down and we can discuss this.

Just a big old coincidence that this lab is 7 miles from a Level 4 biolab doing experiments on that virus. LOL

Because its the most likely of possibilities
Yeah, I get that you think that, but I don't think you know why you're holding on to it as adamantly as you are. Or do you?

I mean, is it just to know that you were right, like when you and a friend have an argument over who played so-and-so in a movie? Or is it something more?

Tonight on tuck tuck, we'll learn that all of the wet markets in China are franchises of a shadow company owned by Biden and Garland. tuck tuck takes a deeper dive to expose that the parent company also has a business relationship with a Chinese bioweapons lab.

CASE CLIZZOZED, YO!

Yeah, I get that you think that, but I don't think you know why you're holding on to it as adamantly as you are. Or do you?

I mean, is it just to know that you were right, like when you and a friend have an argument over who played so-and-so in a movie? Or is it something more?
See post 8. Ill let one of your own hold your hand through this.

Back
Top Bottom