• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Jersey Voters Set to Decide on Legalizing Marijuana

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Advocates pushed for ballot measure after legislation stalled in statehouse

New Jersey voters will decide whether to legalize recreational marijuana next month, after the Democratic-led state legislature fell short of enough votes to get it done.

The ballot measure, if passed, would amend the state constitution to allow people ages 21 and older to use marijuana. It would also allow the state to establish a regulated market to grow, distribute and sell the drug.

All...
======================================================================
I've got to have heart valve surgery which requires giving up the sauce, so having pot available less than half an hour's drive is very tempting.

New Jersey voters will decide whether to legalize recreational marijuana next month, after the Democratic-led state legislature fell short of enough votes to get it done.

The ballot measure, if passed, would amend the state constitution to allow people ages 21 and older to use marijuana. It would also allow the state to establish a regulated market to grow, distribute and sell the drug.

All...
I've got to have heart valve surgery which requires giving up the sauce, so having pot available less than half an hour's drive is very tempting.

A doctor I know here is one of those authorized to issue marijuana permit cards. And there is a highly rated dispensary near me. If your going to do pot, why not do it legally & not get paranoid?

All...

Oh crap, best wishes to you on a positive outcome for your heart valve surgery.
Our son is well acquainted with that.
Yeah, I know I'm just an anonymous stranger on a forum, and a functioning atheist in the technical sense but I will pray for best luck with your cardiac issues.

Stick with the edibles if possible, you don't want to be smoking anything at this point.

Oh crap, best wishes to you on a positive outcome for your heart valve surgery.
Our son is well acquainted with that.
Yeah, I know I'm just an anonymous stranger on a forum, and a functioning atheist in the technical sense but I will pray for best luck with your cardiac issues.

Stick with the edibles if possible, you don't want to be smoking anything at this point.
Thanks for the tip. This is a new area for me.

Thanks for the tip. This is a new area for me.

Oh really...well then, another bit of advice: Eat the edibles VERY sparingly unless you have the tolerance of a government mule.
Funny story: We came out to Cali when we were still living in Texas to visit my elderly mom, and with the knowledge that pot was now pretty much legal for medical use, (it is 100% legal now for all here) we went straight to the first dispensary we could find
and purchased both weed and edible brownies.

Back at hacienda del mama we couldn't take any hits off the pipe, so we had a little bit of the brownies.
I am a lightweight and always have been but Karen had been using pot for her MS for years "on the down low" in Texas so she had a strong constitution. I just did "monkey see, monkey do" and ate almost an entire brownie, but felt little or nothing for an hour or so, and eventually I fell asleep.
Sunday morning, and I woke up "HIGH AS A M*****F*****R"
I mean, I was BLASTED to smithereens. 🤣

It's eight o clock in the morning and mom's making a really nice Sunday morning breakfast and of course we're the guests.
I stagger out to the kitchen breakfast table and mom is chirping away, happy as a lark and then:

"Jeffery, what's wrong, are you feeling okay?" 🤣🤣🤣
Meanwhile Karen is elbowing me and pinching me like mad AND trying not to burst out laughing.
OMG I was completely blotto the entire day, including when we went to church out of respect for "The Momz".
She kept asking what was wrong with me....LOL.

Moral of the story, be very careful with those edibles, they will sneak up in slow motion and slay you.

Oregon has already done it. I voted for it. The only problem I see is that kids are taking the wrong message from it. If I were New Jersey, I would come up with some provision that strengthened the penalty on pot use and profiteering in that demographic. The idea being that that provision gets a little more 'play' in the middle schools and high schools and it becomes their big story rather than the legalization for Mom and Dad and Big Brother.

Being stoned is the only way to tolerate living in New Jersey.

Oh really...well then, another bit of advice: Eat the edibles VERY sparingly unless you have the tolerance of a government mule.
Funny story: We came out to Cali when we were still living in Texas to visit my elderly mom, and with the knowledge that pot was now pretty much legal for medical use, (it is 100% legal now for all here) we went straight to the first dispensary we could find
and purchased both weed and edible brownies.

Back at hacienda del mama we couldn't take any hits off the pipe, so we had a little bit of the brownies.
I am a lightweight and always have been but Karen had been using pot for her MS for years "on the down low" in Texas so she had a strong constitution. I just did "monkey see, monkey do" and ate almost an entire brownie, but felt little or nothing for an hour or so, and eventually I fell asleep.
Sunday morning, and I woke up "HIGH AS A M*****F*****R"
I mean, I was BLASTED to smithereens. 🤣

It's eight o clock in the morning and mom's making a really nice Sunday morning breakfast and of course we're the guests.
I stagger out to the kitchen breakfast table and mom is chirping away, happy as a lark and then:

"Jeffery, what's wrong, are you feeling okay?" 🤣🤣🤣
Meanwhile Karen is elbowing me and pinching me like mad AND trying not to burst out laughing.
OMG I was completely blotto the entire day, including when we went to church out of respect for "The Momz".
She kept asking what was wrong with me....LOL.

Moral of the story, be very careful with those edibles, they will sneak up in slow motion and slay you.

When CO first legalized, edibles weren't regulated for strength, so you didn't know just what you were getting. My husband brought me a brownie. I ate part of it & waited a while. Nothing. So I ate the rest of it - again, nothing. A couple of weeks later, he brought home a cookie. Since I had gotten nothing from the brownie, I ate the whole cookie at once, thinking I might get a little something from it. Well. I got extremely high, and sat on my bed for hours waiting for it to pass. Its nice that they're regulated now, lol.

Edibles aren't my favorite anyway. Vaporizing is so much more immediate and controllable. And the effects from edibles seem (weirdly) to kind of creep up the back of my head rather than feeling it in the front of my head as with vaporizing. Its weird. They do have their place though, and nice to have if you have a sore throat or congestion.

When CO first legalized, edibles weren't regulated for strength, so you didn't know just what you were getting. My husband brought me a brownie. I ate part of it & waited a while. Nothing. So I ate the rest of it - again, nothing. A couple of weeks later, he brought home a cookie. Since I had gotten nothing from the brownie, I ate the whole cookie at once, thinking I might get a little something from it. Well. I got extremely high, and sat on my bed for hours waiting for it to pass. Its nice that they're regulated now, lol.

Edibles aren't my favorite anyway. Vaporizing is so much more immediate and controllable. And the effects from edibles seem (weirdly) to kind of creep up the back of my head rather than feeling it in the front of my head as with vaporizing. Its weird. They do have their place though, and nice to have if you have a sore throat or congestion.
I've read similar stories where people eat part of an edible & get impatient waiting for the rush you get from smoking it, so they eat more & get totally weirded out for hours.

I've read similar stories where people eat part of an edible & get impatient waiting for the rush you get from smoking it, so they eat more & get totally weirded out for hours.

I wasn't weirded out because I knew it would pass, but that may have been the highest I've ever been for such a long, long time! I just figured if the brownie was that weak, the cookie probably was too and maybe I'd actually feel it if I ate the whole thing. Boy, did I. Regulation is good!

I read you're having surgery - best of luck!

I wasn't weirded out because I knew it would pass, but that may have been the highest I've ever been for such a long, long time! I just figured if the brownie was that weak, the cookie probably was too and maybe I'd actually feel it if I ate the whole thing. Boy, did I. Regulation is good!

I read you're having surgery - best of luck!
Thanks. I meet with the cardiologist PA tomorrow to get on the list for having a TAVR procedure. They go in through a femoral artery with a catheter. Beats open heart surgery. Have to give up the sauce so I'm trying to get an MD to sign off on my marijuana card. Edibles only.

Thanks. I meet with the cardiologist PA tomorrow to get on the list for having a TAVR procedure. They go in through a femoral artery with a catheter. Beats open heart surgery. Have to give up the sauce so I'm trying to get an MD to sign off on my marijuana card. Edibles only.

Definitely beats open heart surgery. Be sure to let us know when you go in, and of course when you are recovering. Edibles only until you've recovered, or forever (not sure how vaporizing might affect the valve/veins if at all)?

You gotta be easy with edibles. If you're 45 minutes in with an edible and think "Okay, I'm as high as I want to be." you are absolutely ****ed.

Yup, that's pretty much my experience, it finally begins to come on and you get higher and higher .... and then higher and higher and higher and higher and higher and higher and, just when you think you can't get any higher, you get higher and higher and higher and higher and higher and higher and higher and higher and higher and higher, and it just keeps going and going!

Ay carumba...
That's why I just stick with taking a small hit off a pipe or a bong.
And only in the evening after I am left with nothing else important to do!

Back
Top Bottom