• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Climate Models Even More Wrong

[h=2]Hot Summer Epic Fail: New Climate Models Exaggerate Midwest Warming by 6X[/h]July 3rd, 2020For the last 10 years I have consulted for grain growing interests, providing information about past and potential future trends in growing season weather that might impact crop yields. Their primary interest is the U.S. corn belt, particularly the 12 Midwest states (Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Oklahoma, the Dakotas, Minnesota, and Michigan) which produce most of the U.S. corn and soybean crop.
Contrary to popular perception, the U.S. Midwest has seen little long-term summer warming. For precipitation, the slight drying predicted by climate models in response to human greenhouse gas emissions has not occurred; if anything, precipitation has increased. Corn yield trends continue on a technologically-driven upward trajectory, totally obscuring any potential negative impact of “climate change”. . . .

Flawed Models: New Studies Find Plants Take Up “More Than Twice As Much” CO2 Than Expected

By P Gosselin on 7. July 2020
Share this...

By Prof. Fritz Vahrenholt at Die kalte Sonne
(Translated by P. Gosselin)
June 7, 2020
Dear ladies and gentlemen
First, the global mean temperature of satellite based measurements was surprisingly much higher in May 2020 than in April. In contrast, the global temperatures of the series of measurements on land and sea decreased. The difference can be explained by the fact that under warm El-Nino conditions the satellite measurements lag about 2-3 months behind the earth-based measurements.
From November 2019 to March 2020 a moderate El-Nino was observed, which has now been replaced by neutral conditions in the Pacific. Therefore, it is to be expected that also the satellite based measurements, which we use at this point, will show a decrease in temperatures within 2-3 months.
The average temperature increase since 1981 remained unchanged at 0.14 degrees Celsius per decade. The sunspot number of 0.2 corresponded to the expectations of the solar minimum.
The earth is greening

In August 2019, I reported on a remarkable publication by the Max Planck Institute for Meteorology in Hamburg: “Our main finding,” said Aexander Winkler’s researchers at the time, “is that the effect of CO2 concentration on terrestrial photosynthesis is greater than previously thought and therefore has important implications for the future carbon cycle.
According to this, the CO2 attenuation effect of plants is 60% higher than the average of climate models had assumed. . . .

Flawed Models: New Studies Find Plants Take Up “More Than Twice As Much” CO2 Than Expected

By P Gosselin on 7. July 2020
Share this...

By Prof. Fritz Vahrenholt at Die kalte Sonne
(Translated by P. Gosselin)
June 7, 2020
Dear ladies and gentlemen
First, the global mean temperature of satellite based measurements was surprisingly much higher in May 2020 than in April. In contrast, the global temperatures of the series of measurements on land and sea decreased. The difference can be explained by the fact that under warm El-Nino conditions the satellite measurements lag about 2-3 months behind the earth-based measurements.
From November 2019 to March 2020 a moderate El-Nino was observed, which has now been replaced by neutral conditions in the Pacific. Therefore, it is to be expected that also the satellite based measurements, which we use at this point, will show a decrease in temperatures within 2-3 months.
The average temperature increase since 1981 remained unchanged at 0.14 degrees Celsius per decade. The sunspot number of 0.2 corresponded to the expectations of the solar minimum.
The earth is greening

In August 2019, I reported on a remarkable publication by the Max Planck Institute for Meteorology in Hamburg: “Our main finding,” said Aexander Winkler’s researchers at the time, “is that the effect of CO2 concentration on terrestrial photosynthesis is greater than previously thought and therefore has important implications for the future carbon cycle.
According to this, the CO2 attenuation effect of plants is 60% higher than the average of climate models had assumed. . . .

Fritz Vahrenholt*(born May 8, 1949 in*Gelsenkirchen-Buer) is a German politician (SPD), industrialist and a climate change denier.

He is not a climate scientist. He is a politician blogger with an opinion

Professor Vahrenholt holds a doctorate in chemistry and started his professional career at the Federal Environmental Agency in Berlin (responsible for the chemical industry) before joining the Hessian Ministry of the Environment. From 1984 until 1990 he served as state secretary for environment, from 1991 till 1997 as minister for energy and environment in the state of Hamburg.
In 1998 he entered the energy industry and until 2001 was a board member of Deutsche Shell, responsible for the renewable sector. In 2001 he was founding CEO of Germany’s third biggest wind turbine manufacturer REpower (now Senvion). From 2008 to 2012 he was CEO of RWE Innogy, the subsidiary for renewables of the electric power company RWE. In 2012 he was elected as chairman of the board of Deutsche Wildtier Stiftung, a German foundation for the preservation of wildlife in Germany.
In 1999 he was appointed as honorary professor of the department of chemistry at the University of Hamburg. He is also a member of the German National Academy of Science and Engineering in Berlin and member of the Senate of Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft in Munich and in 2014 joined the academic advisory council of the Global Warming Policy Foundation in London.
From 2001 until 2007 he was member of the sustainability advisory board to Chancellors Gerhard Schroeder and Angela Merkel.
He is author of several environmental books; the bestseller “Seveso ist überall” (“Seveso is everywhere”), published in 1978, was one of the most influential books for the green environmental movement in Germany and triggered a debate that led to a fundamental reorientation of the chemical industry towards sustainable development. His book “Die kalte Sonne” (“The neglected sun”), published in 2012, triggered a debate about the relevance of natural causes of climate change.

GIS Expert Professor Dr. Fritz Vahrenholt

www.gisreportsonline.com › professor-dr-fritz-vahrenholt,143,expert
4uBuEVE4r8zJ3sDFnUgMYbzUM57qIkKQOwAoheKy 9fJK7wvxFogBorSwGSRgMQhqhDCCZAMMIbamzsDsbsXPuVWNnWgzSg2T4fbBlMAGp7A5oiByi9H6QQquY TB7CRvhrPzQwHXAZgAAIi1A4UMPOYzHgPVoMvYeLI0xEOA3dABz4PCRcRgEA901hqmZUxWoAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Professor Dr. Fritz Vahrenholt. Frequent tags. Less; More; coal. Related countries. Less; More ...

I'm sure you don't even understand the issue presented in that link.

1500 scientists have an opinion.

I have a lot more than that with an opinion on AGW

1500 scientists have an opinion.

I have a lot more than that with an opinion on AGW

Like I said, you don't understand what what provided to you. I'll give you a hint, it had nothing to do with opinions.

Like I said, you don't understand what what provided to you. I'll give you a hint, it had nothing to do with opinions.

Oh my. You have a lot to learn about science. Lol

I think with the concept of AGW, they have never done the initial experiment, so there is noting to reproduce!
We can safely assume that increasing the CO2 level will force some warming, the assumption may be wrong,
but it at least is based on well accepted Physics, and even real scientist skeptics like Lindzen and Curry agree,
that doubling the CO2 level will force roughly 1.1C of warming in the average surface temperature.
An actual experiment to verify this is very challenging, and attempts are mixed and very noisy.
http://asl.umbc.edu/pub/chepplew/journals/nature14240_v519_Feldman_CO2.pdf
However, despite widespread scientific discussion and modelling of the climate impacts of well-mixed greenhouse gases,
there is little direct observational evidence of the radiative impact of increasing atmospheric CO2.
It is the portion of AGW beyond forcing, that raises the alarm, and has the least actual evidence, that is the
predicted amplified feedback to the initial 2XCO2 forced warming.
Without the amplified feedbacks, CO2 forcing, becomes nothing more than an interesting footnote in atmospheric science.
If we consider a no gain scenario for added CO2,
from 280ppm to 560 ppm, we would have warming of 1.1C spread over 180 years.
The next doubling from 560ppm to 1120 ppm, would take as long, or longer, but still only result in 1.1 C of warming.
(NOTE: It would be very difficult for Humans to push the atmospheric CO2 level to 1120 ppm, without burning lots of coal)
The third doubling from 1120ppm to 2240ppm, may not be physically possible, unless we intentionally starting freeing CO2 from limestone.

To View TRCS Report "What Climate Crisis?" Developing Policy Based on Reality (click here)
by Marty Cornell, TRCS member since 2012 (2 page Report)

Of course.

[FONT=&]To View TRCS Report “Reality-Based Warming Potential of Anthropogenic Greenhouse Gas Emissions” (click here) by Marty Cornell, TRCS member since 2012 (12 page Report)[/FONT][FONT=&]
[/FONT]

This is so in line with what I have become to believe. I got this far in reading it so far, and this caught my eye:

The derivation of this equation is
presented in Doiron (2016)xii. The
last term accounts for the warming
due to Total Solar Insolation (TSI)
increase from 1850 to 2005 and
becomes a constant 0.021 OC for
years after 2005. This provides
some conservatism in the equation
for projections after 2005, as TSI rise
ended in about 2005 and is forecast
to decrease for the next 200 years or
more. For an even simpler equation,
this last term can be ignored as it
accounts for only 0.021 OC of the
GMST rise since 1850.

How many times have I said my calculations show a peak of 2004?

Back
Top Bottom