• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [5:15 am CDT] - in 15 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Never Trump. Never Biden. The Progressive Case for Voting Third Party or Boycotting the Election

See? You DO understand most Trump voters.

When given a choice between piece of **** leftists and Trump, most voters vote against the ****heads that have already destroyed every major city in the country and are committed to doing in on a nationwide scale. Those people vote because they value the country. You...just hate Trump and are a committed leftist that would vote for any piece of **** with a D next to their name REGARDLESS of who they were running against.

Biden is not a "leftist". Neither is Harris. They are both center-right capitalist moderate centrists.

lol... No, actually, I don't waste a lot of my time giving Republicans advice. The very few times I've done anything of the sort, it's pretty much what some Republicans are already telling the rest of the party. Oh, and unlike Rasmussen, I don't fudge numbers or make crap up. LOL.... Yes, I've taken econ classes. Quite a few, in fact. You can't increase the number of jobs unless demand is already outstripping supply.
Federal governments can hire lots of people. However, during good times that won't spark growth, because most people who want a job will already have a job. It's also pretty expensive and inefficient if those jobs aren't genuinely useful. That's why government hiring is typically reserved for recessions. Increasing hours means an increase in productivity. With the velocity (not "speed") of money, you have the causation backwards. Bad economic times tends to slow the velocity of money, mostly because no one wants to lend it. Velocity tends to increase in good times for the converse reason. Higher velocity is also linked to higher inflation, and if that gets too high, then real growth can suffer. "Increased trade?" Don't you mean "increase exports and decrease imports?" After all, "increased imports" also qualifies as "increased trade." "Favoring durable goods?" What fresh nonsense is this? Why would you think that would increase growth? By the way, I didn't pull the "growth from productivity and population" thing out of thin air. E.g.: How Demographics Drive the Economy Hello? We're talking legal immigrants. They pay income taxes, payroll taxes, property taxes (directly or via rent), sales taxes, and so on. (Undocumented immigrants also pay many taxes, btw.) Hello? Again, we're talking legal immigrants. Oh, and there are a lot of native-born criminals too. More than migrants. No, it isn't. I could literally be here all day linking to research that examines the economic benefits of immigration. This is just a taste: Economic Realities, Social Impacts & Political Choices The Impact of Immigration on Wages, Internal Migration, and Welfare
If there was a coherent argument there, I missed it. You seem to have missed that no one opposes legal immigration, but what else is new?

You are welcome to deny the research, but again, I didn't pull it out of thin air. Also, when I speculate, I say things like "I guess" or "it is possible that" or "I'm speculating here, but..."No, they haven't. "Immigrants cause disease" is a racist trope dating back over a century in the US alone. Your abject inability to address any of those points is noted.
Clearly you have not been keeping up with coronavirus news. This specific to the last several weeks.

Unfortunately, that is where they will permanently stay until the Electoral College is abolished.
Trump will win a clear majority, so the EC is moot this year.

Yes Progressives. Let's boycott the election! Trump Uber Alles!

Geezus chuckie, even the Russians don't bother with such transparent cockamamie doo-doo.

See? You DO understand most Trump voters.

When given a choice between piece of **** leftists and Trump, most voters vote against the ****heads that have already destroyed every major city in the country and are committed to doing in on a nationwide scale. Those people vote because they value the country. You...just hate Trump and are a committed leftist that would vote for any piece of **** with a D next to their name REGARDLESS of who they were running against.

the difference is that i'm not in a cult, and i don't have to invent new realities each day to defend a complete scumbag. i just have to vote against one.

I don't support either candidate. They are both garbage. But one of the two of them will win. Period. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Either Trump or Biden will win, no third party candidate even has a 1% chance. Therefore, I am voting against Trump by voting for the only other viable candidate.

It's nice that you have the privilege to not be affected by a Trump second term, but enough of my friends will be directly affected by a continuation of his policies, I cannot throw my vote in the garbage based on principle.

So you are a pretend libertarian voting for an establishment democrat who created 60 new death penalty offenses, put a generation of poor people in prison, and wants to be the next dictator, huh? Rationalize it however you want, you are voting for Biden who is the least Libertarian name on the ballot.

So you are a pretend libertarian voting for an establishment democrat who created 60 new death penalty offenses, put a generation of poor people in prison, and wants to be the next dictator, huh? Rationalize it however you want, you are voting for Biden who is the least Libertarian name on the ballot.

Biden wants to be a dictator? What ****ing fantasy land do you live in?

the difference is that i'm not in a cult, and i don't have to invent new realities each day to defend a complete scumbag. i just have to vote against one.
:lamo

SURE you are...and you have LLLLOOOOOTTTTTSSSS of company.

You literally vote for any piece of **** with a D next to their name. And always have.

I wonder when you think all those cities you now call disasters ever lived up to the perfect city you think is possible. Could it be that cities are far more complex then anything one mayor or government can fix locally? Nah, that would not fit your narrative, its too complex, demands understanding of the issues and history, requires acknowledgement of institutional racism going back over 100 years. Nah, its just too easy to call them disasters when in fact, by any real measure, our cities are in better shape now then they have ever been.
Chicago Crime, Murder & Mayhem | Criminal Infographics | HeyJackass! | Illustrating Chicago Values

Leftists like you **** yourself over policing and policy...meanwhile, its people like you that have put the same corrupt rat pieces of **** in office over and over and over. You bitch about the conditions, but you ****ing built them.

SURE you are...and you have LLLLOOOOOTTTTTSSSS of company.

You literally vote for any piece of **** with a D next to their name. And always have.

refer to earlier posts.

refer to earlier posts.
Feel free to find a single post where I have defended Trumps character. You on the other hand after all the bluster and bull**** about Kavanaugh are excited to rush to the polls to vote for a guy that is accused of pinning a woman against a wall against her will and ramming his fingers into her *****. You ignore that just like you ignored all of Clinton's ****.

You have **** for credibility when it comes to your vote and support of politicians.

You are just like ever other leftist partisan, and you will dutifully rush to the polls and vote for every rat on the ticket, just like you and people like you have done in every major city across the country.

Feel free to find a single post where I have defended Trumps character. You on the other hand after all the bluster and bull**** about Kavanaugh are excited to rush to the polls to vote for a guy that is accused of pinning a woman against a wall against her will and ramming his fingers into her *****. You ignore that just like you ignored all of Clinton's ****.

You have **** for credibility when it comes to your vote and support of politicians.

You are just like ever other leftist partisan, and you will dutifully rush to the polls and vote for every rat on the ticket, just like you and people like you have done in every major city across the country.

i will definitely vote against Tweety. am i excited about the opposition? not really. am i going to join a cult? definitely not.

i will definitely vote against Tweety. am i excited about the opposition? not really. am i going to join a cult? definitely not.

Bull****. You are 100% bought and sold already. the truly hilarious thing is that you people still want to pretend you WOULDNT be acting the same way no matter WHICH republican beat Hilary and stole your precious.

Of Course you would. Hell you people prove it any time ANY republican politician gets discussed. If Trump still paid for your rat politicians and never announced his intent to run for the president, you would be like every other leftist that still saw that Trump guy as a helluva guy.

Bull****. You are 100% bought and sold already. the truly hilarious thing is that you people still want to pretend you WOULDNT be acting the same way no matter WHICH republican beat Hilary and stole your precious.

Of Course you would. Hell you people prove it any time ANY republican politician gets discussed. If Trump still paid for your rat politicians and never announced his intent to run for the president, you would be like every other leftist that still saw that Trump guy as a helluva guy.

um, yeah, no. i would still think that he's a wannabe Biff Tannen, only with one fewer sports betting books.

um, yeah, no. i would still think that he's a wannabe Biff Tannen, only with one fewer sports betting books.

You hate him solely because he beat Hilary. And you people have collectively lost your sad little minds for the last 4 years. But its not the last 4 years. When Romney ran you listened to your handlers about Romey and Russia and all agreed...Russia? Threat? Why thats a cold war mentality. And 4 years later when they need Russia to be their scapegoat for the content onf the DNC emails they shrieked Russia!! and you lot bobbed and nodded and parroted accordingly.

You talk about cults?

Like I said...its not about Trump. You support any rat piece of **** with a D next to their name and vilify any republican. Just like you have been told to do.

You hate him solely because he beat Hilary. And you people have collectively lost your sad little minds for the last 4 years. But its not the last 4 years. When Romney ran you listened to your handlers about Romey and Russia and all agreed...Russia? Threat? Why thats a cold war mentality. And 4 years later when they need Russia to be their scapegoat for the content onf the DNC emails they shrieked Russia!! and you lot bobbed and nodded and parroted accordingly.

You talk about cults?

Like I said...its not about Trump. You support any rat piece of **** with a D next to their name and vilify any republican. Just like you have been told to do.

Russia did interfere in the election on the side of Tweetycult and continues to do so. the rest of this post is noise.

Sounds like the democrats are explaining their loss in advance. Good luck. I wouldn't vote before I would vote for Joe the Rapist.

:lamo Coming here for the comedy always bears fruit.

Wow. This thread is goooood.

Maybe I shouldn't vote in the upcoming election at all. :(

Russia did interfere in the election on the side of Tweetycult and continues to do so. the rest of this post is noise.

I really dont know what is more tragic...that the DNC sees you as someone who will swallow everything they spoonfeed you dutifully and require you to dance on command for them, or that you affirm their beliefs constantly.

Yes Progressives. Let's boycott the election! Trump Uber Alles!

Geezus chuckie, even the Russians don't bother with such transparent cockamamie doo-doo.

You simply do not understand the way to gain political power. Plain and simple. You might as well get fifteen million people to coalesce around you. You simply don’t get it.

I really dont know what is more tragic...that the DNC sees you as someone who will swallow everything they spoonfeed you dutifully and require you to dance on command for them, or that you affirm their beliefs constantly.

"if it's what you say it is, i love it, especially later in the summer."

Chicago Crime, Murder & Mayhem | Criminal Infographics | HeyJackass! | Illustrating Chicago Values

Leftists like you **** yourself over policing and policy...meanwhile, its people like you that have put the same corrupt rat pieces of **** in office over and over and over. You bitch about the conditions, but you ****ing built them.

You might want to read up on why every major city in America has a black ghetto. Try this book "Warmth of Other Suns" for starters. I am always amazed at how little many of you on the right understand history. You know the fairy tales, the myths, the fantasies but the history? Nope.

Back
Top Bottom