• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Need Help Dealing With Liberal Professor

justone said:
Gysgt! I understand it's forgivable for Billo and ashurbanipal... But you..? No discipline is shown .You must keep your fire in your sector, you are totally away from the subject of this threat Need Help Dealing With Liberal Professor . Make a correction, start another thread if needed.

BACK TO Dealing With Liberal Professor

Damn. I got moderated.

Justone,

Wait a minute: it's perfectly legit to deal with a side issue that's come up during a discussion in order to make progress within the larger context.

Also, I'm curious why you seem to support the idea of dealing with the guy strategically, rather than listening to what he has to say? Even if he doesn't reciprocate, it's better for you to do so.

ashurbanipal said:
Justone,

Wait a minute: it's perfectly legit to deal with a side issue that's come up during a discussion in order to make progress within the larger context.

Also, I'm curious why you seem to support the idea of dealing with the guy strategically, rather than listening to what he has to say? Even if he doesn't reciprocate, it's better for you to do so.

1. Not discussable on this thread.
2. if you kept the discussion in order, you would see that I already told Freethinker that he could be blinded by his own prejustuce, that the prof could have a point, that he was there to learn from the prof, etc.

This is how easy you go to derail a disscussion and spin things around, blinded by you own prejustice. Unless you are the prof we are talking about.

where you do you find those words: "it's perfectly legit to deal with a side issue''.... Deal with a side issue on a side, please.

Originally posted by GySgt:
Your sense of history is way too apologetic. I don't recall napalming Palestinian masses, nor do I recall a cease fire that we didn't honor. This would be more of your lieing that we are all used to in your posts. Take a stand for once instead of cowering behind any "story" you can dig up to exonerate your moral decrepitness.

The fact that we are an "imagined enemy" is obviously way over your head. You deal with the last few years and I'll look at an entire history where the enemy is living. This is why you can't grasp the big picture. The enemy is looking at the big picture. All they need is anchient history, the crusades and a cartoon to "justify" their actions. You should save your strength for the enemy instead of constantly crying about our actions in the face of them.
Why don't you deal with the fact that we broke the law. Do you believe in the rule of law? Do you believe in respect and honor? Or do you just enjoy war? Why don't you stop running and hiding from the issues I'm raising? We broke the law! Our law. And that is wrong. Were barbacueing there citizens with WP, were shooting everyone in the streets with our snipers, driving tanks over wounded Iraqis and basically destroying that entire country.

Your the one with the immoral agenda. Your the one crying fowl everytime I post a comment from an Iraqi in mourning because we just wiped out there entire family because we were pissed off that day. Or that we didn't bring an interpreter along and were pissed off they didn't speak english.

You really make me sick sometimes. Trying to give the illusion we are there as liberators. However, everytime I bring up an issue of American atrocities being committed, do you show concern for the people you are liberating? Hell no! You immediately discount it as nonsense without looking into any of the evidence provided.

If you want to find out about Iraq, the best person to ask is an Iraqi. You don't have a clue as to what morality is. This war will stop! We are committing Crimes Against Humanity and we are no better than the Nazi's. The proof is out there, stop trying to sweep in under the carpet. And stop trying to tell me the emporer has some new clothes. I'm stupid, and I don't cower to anyone. And unlike you, I don't run. I'll face any issue you got!

How many deaths must a nation endure before their allowed to be free- Bob Dylan

Wrong....again. The Saudi government doesn't want us to go anywhere. Without our presence, they would have to deal with their abused and oppressed masses without a scapegoat. Appeasement in the face of tyranny is cowardice. These people do not want to "get along" with the west and America specifically. This is where you continue to fail. You have this heightened imagination that we can hug each other into peace. Once again....study the damn material instead of miring yourself in emotion. Our enemy's compass is one of emotion. They are irrational. You're rational and ignorant semntiments will not work against an irrational situation. Simply leaving Saudi will do nothing. They need to hate us to explain away their own failures.
I'm not saying to hug anybody. I'm saying we should honor our word and agreements. When we joined the UN, we agreed to solve disputes peacefully. We agreed that the only two conditions we would take up arms is if we were attacked or we received authorization by the UNSC. That's it. There is no derogation. And we broke our word. It has destroyed our heritage and our standing in the world. The crap flowing out of your mouth has resulted in us being the most hated nation on earth. We used to be respected. The beacon of democracy. Now, because you and your ilk, we are a joke.

What is a joke is your celebrated ignorance. You obviously continue to live in a designed world of obtuseness. You have absolutely no understanding of the Middle East, its social issues, their religion, their extremist mentality, their politics, the roots of Islamic Radicalism, or terrorism. You have no understanding of American foreign policy, it's diplomacies, or the governments of host nations. When I say that they hate us for our freedoms and for our advances and when I say that they are jealous of our lifestyle and power.....it is a fact. It is not an emotional declaration. It is not some simple conclusion made out of ignorance. It is a fact. You have no idea what we are facing in the Middle East and it shows. This is why you will forever be bogged down in the mundane details that will certainly exist in this situation.

There is an old military maxim...."Never let your squad get pinned down by a sniper." This rings true for all situations. You are allowing events like Abu Ghraib and Bin Laden pleas pin you down. The joke of this is that you don't even understand the man.
What is the joke is what you have done to the principles that made this country great. We were founded on certain credo's that you have just thrown away. I will deal with their extremism when they are a direct threat to me. I'm not going to subjugate an entire culture for the wrongs of a few extremists with my own extremism. You need counseling. Blaming an entire civilization is not mentally healthy. I think your ignorant of humanity. You know the difference between my ignorance and yours? You deliberately choose to be ignorant because it conflicts with your tyrannical agenda of spreading hate and intolerance throughout the world.

This war is going to stop. And we are going to stop attacking other nations (unless they attack us first). That's not hugging or appeasing or being obtuse or whatever other little buzzword you want to tag it to deflect from the real issue of what it actually is. Dis-information is your forte. And you do it well.

Billo, don't you see GySgt is gone from this threat? Again, you are shouting at your reflection on TV sceen.

Originally posted by justone
Billo, don't you see GySgt is gone from this threat? Again, you are shouting at your reflection on TV sceen.
If you want to belittle my rebuttal or question my right to do so, go ahead. That's fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom