• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nazis mingle openly at CPAC, spreading antisemitic conspiracy theories and finding allies

It’s back now…

CPAC has alway been a reactionary right wing freak show.

People in rididculous costumes. All sorts of peddlers hawking chachka, right wing disc jockeys doing remotes, and every kook within 500 miles.

One of my friends is an 80 year old lady who migrated here when she was 25. Her father was in Hitler's army. He had no choice. He cried to his daughter over and over again about the atrocities he committed. He told his daughter he had no choice but to follow orders. He committed suicide.

And here 90 years later, we have a political party that welcomes these people with open arms.

The sooner Trump and all his minions get sentenced to prison, the better.
That is a tragic example of people who followed the orders of monsters,@The Hairy Fiddler . That the children and grandchildren of WWl ll veterans and our allies would now align with those we fought against to preserve and protect democratic ideals and human rights is astounding to me. The world and our allies are watching us and counting on us to lead again. It's in our hands.

This thread is so bizarre. The entire right has taken on Trump's morals and personality. Nazis were seen at CPAC. They were there. There is proof. All the right had to say was "wow we didn't realize it. We will do better" and the whole thing loses steam and disappears but they are incapable of this. Instead they have to lie and their followers have to lie as well. Then they have to do name calling and accuse everyone else of being the real NAZIS. Words have definitions. They don't seem to know them. No evidence or anything else if ever given. It's simply "we're not the Nazi, your the Nazi" and a whole slew of other childish accusations that don't even make sense. It is impossible for them to follow the threads subject. I'm probably not expressing this well enough but sometimes when you argue with the right it just seems so surreal.
I will probably now get attacked with "we're not surreal, you're the one that's surreal".

Most Asians are being imported from foreign professional classes and that’s assimilation into the PMC. The Hispanic vote is shifting. African Americans get patronage benefits from the Democratic Party. Secular Jews simply hate Christians which are a major part of the Republican base. Religious Jews vote overwhelmingly Republican
:sick:

It is most certainly time for Matt Schlapp (a suspected Nazi) and his leadership board to resign in absolute disgrace.

Schlapp is a liar, a Nazi, and a terrible human being.

CPAC should be shut down permanently.

who gets to be the decider about what constitutes free speech?
Lawmakers who happen to not be Nazis. No guarantee it stays that way in years to come.

Schlapp translates to flabby, floppy, listless, lethargic, limp, lily-livered and measly. Appropiate.

The OP is about Nazis at CPAC. Did you want to change the subject? Derail the topic?

Is this really the first time you've seen Alt-Righties affiliating with Nazis?

qz3AtDb.jpg
That poster is probably hanging in the DNC headquarters, and Joe Biden's bedroom.

If Americans volunteer to join the Ukranian military, who are at war with Russia, then they are not Americans for the purposes of this discussion but ukranians
They are patriots who believe in a free Ukraine and you can't get any more American than that. Those that favor Russia and the enslavement of Ukrainians are not Americans.

I hate to break it to you, but that's not a party.
I hate to break it to you but there used to be conservative Democrats and liberal Republicans.
It's not about parties when you're going that far back and talking about social issues, it's about lean.

If Americans volunteer to join the Ukranian military, who are at war with Russia, then they are not Americans for the purposes of this discussion but ukranians
Were the Americans who joined the International Brigades to fight against fascists defending the Spanish republic not Americans?
In your opinion.

I hate to break it to you but there used to be conservative Democrats and liberal Republicans.
It's not about parties when you're going that far back and talking about social issues, it's about lean.
Oh, it's about parties. And the Democrats suck.

That is a tragic example of people who followed the orders of monsters,@The Hairy Fiddler . That the children and grandchildren of WWl ll veterans and our allies would now align with those we fought against to preserve and protect democratic ideals and human rights is astounding to me. The world and our allies are watching us and counting on us to lead again. It's in our hands.
sorry, I'm not sure I understand your post.

Oh, it's about parties. And the Democrats suck.
Past tense. Do you understand what the topic is, or do you just want every topic to be the same schoolyard tribalism you feel comfortable in?
Back in those days there were lots of conservative Democrats in the south because they couldn't forgive the Republican Party for Lincoln. Sometime after George Wallace failed to gain the Democratic nomination (again) they all turned their coats and became Republicans. And there were liberal Republicans too. Mostly from the east coast, they were called Rockefeller Republicans. It wasn't until Reagan and Goldwater that the Republican Party became a conservative bastion.
Must suck, being schooled on American political history by a Canadian.

There were plenty of liberal Germans saying and doing the same thing in the 30s.

I'm familiar with the argument. I heard it many times before this thread. However, the world is not so binary, and free speech is and always has been limited. It is possible to craft laws which differentiate between genocidal hate groups and the disabled. To use a cliche, think of it like shouting fire in a crowded theater. We restrict this speech because it creates a dangerous situation. People advocating genocide and overthrow of the entire democratic system are dangerous, and taking away their recruitment tools and platforms is justified.
It's not an "argument", it's a statement of fact:

Germany isn't the greatest example, btw.

Hitler started out curtailing the rights of small, marginalized groups such as the disabled. He got the people "used to" the idea of restricting rights for one group, then for another. We know how this ended up.

So the GPAC response to the article about Nazis in attendance was as to be expected. Calling it fake news was the nicest thing they have to say. The right once again showed in their reply is that name calling is about all they really show leadership in. The reporter that filed the story then some of the videos and photos showing them at CPAC. He even had one excellent picture of one giving the Nazi salute. For now CPAC leadership has gone quiet but you can be sure that his original reply will be shown on closed circuit right wing news with no mention of the proof that they are again lying.
The right uses their incredible powers of rationalization to decide that lying is right, just and warranted. Only thing is that if this was true they wouldn't need to lie in the first place.
Good post and let me just add. Not one Jew nor one Black American should even think about voting for Trump after this hospitality given to these Nazis.

And, unlike other years, CPAC didn't show neonazis the door.

Why not?

Republicans are normalizing nazism.
They'll scrounge votes from fringe nutcases at the risk of alienating moderates. It'll bite them in the ass.

Were the Americans who joined the International Brigades to fight against fascists defending the Spanish republic not Americans?
In your opinion.
They weren’t real Americans because they were fighting for international communism. The recruitment for the international brigades was organized by the Soviet Union through the Comintern. Any such persons were willfully joining anti American foreign powers.

This is why most of these people were rejected Enlistment or security clearance in world war 2.

Your party hosted Nazis at CPAC.

The right has no right to discuss others.
You keep asserting this and yet you’ve posted no evidence that any members of the Nazi party or affiliated organizations were at CPAC. More Nazis have been honored on the floor of the Canadian parliament then have been proven to exist at CPAC

Back
Top Bottom