• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell Rocks GOP Convention With Powerful Speech

gdgyva

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell Rocks GOP Convention With Powerful Speech (VIDEO)

If you missed it, you really need to see this. Retired Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell, who was the subject of the 2013 film Lone Survivor, spoke at the Republican convention tonight, giving a powerful and moving speech.

Many people in the audience were moved to tears.

Here’s a partial transcript from the Washington Times:

Retired Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell made an impassioned plea on behalf of veterans on Monday and gave thanks to the crowd at the Republican National Convention for “allowing” him to serve for 20 years.

“I think it’s important to say that we got to make sure that the hell the veterans return from is not the hell [they] come home to, OK?” said Mr. Luttrell. “That’s what was promised, and that’s what’s deserved.”

Mr. Luttrell is the author of the book “Lone Survivor,” which recounts his experience during a harrowing 2005 operation in Afghanistan.

“I had a chance to actually spend time with Mr. Trump, and I know he understands what it’s going to take to fix this,” Mr. Luttrell said of the presumptive GOP presidential nominee.

“Look, either way, the only way we survive this is together, not apart,” he said. “In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter – you understand?”

He also addressed the “next generation,” saying “your war is here.”

“Who among you will love something more than you love yourself, all right? Who among you are going to step up and take the fight to the enemy? Because it’s here,” he said.

“I challenge all of you to fight for this country,” he said. “The world outside of our borders is a dark place — a scary place. America is the light, and her people are the goodness that grows from that.”

“She’ll always be worth fighting for — it was my greatest honor to fight for her every day of my adult life,” he said.

“I just wanted to come up here and thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to serve you for 20 years, and I swear to God I’m going to spend the next 20 paying you back,” he said.

Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell Rocks GOP Convention With Powerful Speech (VIDEO)

this was imo the best speech of the night

Short, to the point, and from the heart

We need more like him.....

Luttrell is a real hero. His words mean a lot. What a great endorsement to have him supporting Trump.

Anyone think Bowe Bergdhal will speak at the DNC?

Anyone think Bowe Bergdhal will speak at the DNC?

No they have real American heroes like Michael Brown's and Trayvon Martin's mothers.

i really want to believe when he went off prompter it was just him speaking from his heart

i dont want to think it was staged

with the emotion he put into what he was saying, i did believe what he was saying

it resonated with me....and with a lot of people i know

one of my friends called me up and asked if we could replace Trump with him....

i was like....hmmmmmmmm?

No they have real American heroes like Michael Brown's and Trayvon Martin's mothers.

Though I would have indicted the officer in the Brown case, and if possible, found Zimmerman guilty of negligent homicide, being the mother of a poorly raised son (both Martin and Brown were far from being the aspiring scholar athlete and gentle giant of BLM propaganda) does not make these women American heroes.

Though I would have indicted the officer in the Brown case, and if possible, found Zimmerman guilty of negligent homicide, being the mother of a poorly raised son (both Martin and Brown were far from being the aspiring scholar athlete and gentle giant of BLM propaganda) does not make these women American heroes.

I was being sarcastic. Neither of these women are American heroes.

If I was a betting man, I'd say AJN678 was being just a bit sarcastic.

OOOPS! Just saw ajn's post. Sorry.

I was being sarcastic. Neither of these women are American heroes.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought that you might of been sarcastic, but with your 'independent' designator, I was not sure.

Hey- as a continuation of Obama's "discourses" with the "adoring" youth that he made during some school years, I wonder if the Clock Kid will take the stage? Heck, he has already been a guest at the White House. He could even bring a new "invention"- if it can get past security.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought that you might of been sarcastic, but with your 'independent' designator, I was not sure.

Hey- as a continuation of Obama's "discourses" with the "adoring" youth that he made during some school years, I wonder if the Clock Kid will take the stage? Heck, he has already been a guest at the White House. He could even bring a new "invention"- if it can get past security.

Obama would chime in that "He didn't build that".

Back
Top Bottom