• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

National heat records set in 2010

hazlnut

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

Gee, I wonder if Jim Inhofe will post these stats on his blog.

Anyone who doesn't see that anti-science deniers are full of **** is a total idiot, IMHO.

Gee, I wonder if Jim Inhofe will post these stats on his blog.

Anyone who doesn't see that anti-science deniers are full of **** is a total idiot, IMHO.

Yes!! The earth is warming. The earth has cooled. The earth has frozen solid. No one denies this has been a hot summer. Maybe it'll even be a hot 100 years. But prove to me with some actual science two things:

That it hasn't happened before.
That my using freakin' twistie-curlie lightbulbs will cure it.

See, Mags, NASA and the majority of the worlds climate scientists have determined that it is MAN MADE and will GET WORSE.

Perhaps you should do some reading on climate issues and global warming before posting in this type of thread.

Good luck!:2wave:

Gee, whatever happened to not using one data point to represent an entire trend? Climate alarmists go CRAZY when a "denier" does something like that (i.e. "it's cold in this place at this time therefore no global warming!")... I guess I shouldn't have expected enough consistency for those same people to not engage in the same behavior.

I'm not a total idiot. Nor am I anti-science. I plan to major in physics.

1. You didn't answer either of her questions.
2. Argumentum ad populum is a logical fallacy.

Perhaps before posting a thread like this you should decide to include facts that make a case for how a possible global warming could be man-made -- instead of simply listing temperatures in various places. OMG!! Hottest days on record!!!! How long we been recording? A hundred years? Give me a break.

Good luck!:2wave:

So weather equals climate change? based on one year? :doh: :ssst:

Fruits, vegetables fail to ripen as S California nears 'coolest summer on record'The average temperature in July was 79 degrees, five degrees below normal, and the first eight days of this month also have been five to six degrees below normal, weather experts said. That could put Southern California on track for a near-record-low summer, but it's still too early to say, according to weather experts. The Los Angeles area, in fact, has had below-normal temperatures every month since April.

Librado Romero/The New York TimesA July day in Bryant Park in Midtown. The city’s average temperature last month was 72.6.
But this summer has been conspicuously different in New York City. Not one 99-degree day in Central Park. Not a single day that the temperature even approached 90. For just the second time in 140 years of record keeping, the temperature failed to reach 90 in either June or July. It’s a gross, grungy, disgusting summer-in-the-city tradition: the muggy 90-degree day or, worse still, the 99-degree day.

Cool weather has broken a previous low temperature for July 21 in Nashville that was set when Rutherford B. Hayes was president. When the temperature at the National Weather Service station dipped to 58 degrees at 5:30 a.m. on Tuesday, it wiped out the previous record low for the date of 60 degrees, which was set in 1877.

As much of the USA chatters in the deep freeze–N. Carolina facing a once in a generation cold snap–weather folk in the UK warn the UK is facing one of the coldest winter in 100 years.

Yes, Rev. Hellhound! We're facing a man-made ice age!!!

Single-point or single-year temperature stats do not help skeptics nor do they help the other side.

Want to be a physics major, eh MaggieD? Check out the thread in my sig, it might give you an idea about the whole CO2 thing.

Single-point or single-year temperature stats do not help skeptics nor do they help the other side.

Want to be a physics major, eh MaggieD? Check out the thread in my sig, it might give you an idea about the whole CO2 thing.

Well, I may check it out, Deuce. But I don't want to be a physics major. I want to continue on being a bumbling fool who spouts opinions from every orifice without any consideration for facts - like most everybody else.

Well, I may check it out, Deuce. But I don't want to be a physics major. I want to continue on being a bumbling fool who spouts opinions from every orifice without any consideration for facts - like most everybody else.

Whoops. Scrolling error, Dav =/= MaggieD

Whoops. Scrolling error, Dav =/= MaggieD

Yeah, I posted in that thread once and have yet to get back to your response, I saw a lot of big paragraphs and sciency words and decided I'd get back to it eventually :3oops:

And since it's apparently in your sig now, I guess I will sooner than later.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…