• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nancy Pelosi vows that House Democrats won’t act like Republicans

Nobody is frightened. Not even Trump.

you are correct about this. tRump is not bright enough to know what is about to happen

just for the entertainment value:
trey dowdy gowdy.jpg
​BYE!

No. But asking if I am clearly indicates you're being overly defensive and you're admitting yet again that you're scared ****less of the dems conducting real investigations to your god and his crime family/empire.

2019 is going to be exquisitely painful for you, and I am very much looking forward to that.

Well, while you are looking in vain for the pain, the rest of the US will be enjoying the economic fruits of Trump's actions.

Well, while you are looking in vain for the pain, the rest of the US will be enjoying the economic fruits of Trump's actions.

Again, it's totally understandable that you're frightened to death by all this.

Nancy: We won't act like Republicans

Me: No...you'll be worse.

Pelosi is the best choice to take on Trump. She is 10 times tougher and smarter than Trump. She is going to bury him and he won't even know what hit him. Perfect choice to fight the idiot (Trump)

Perfect choice to fight the idiot (Trump)

In order to fight a right wing idiot you need to have a left wing idiot. A Mr. Orange verse Botox Queen race to the bottom

I certainly hope she can do a better job leading Congress than we experienced with Ryan. Passing daily ACA repeal bills and wasting millions of dollars on Hillary Clinton's email investigation (which yielded nothing) wasn't what this country needed. And that pains me, because I was a big Paul Ryan fan at one time. But he, like every other Republican, failed.

I could have been a better Speaker than Ryan. And believe me: this country would not be served well by me being Speaker.

shrug...

Nancy set her own bar. She is bound to knock it down.

I am sure she will hit it out of the park when it comes to Trump investigations.

Actions speak louder than words.

McConnell will obviously kick the spending football back to Pelosi with his "arrrgh the president won't sign this arrrgh bill" and we'll see if she remains firm, or lets herself get beaten down and eventually caves.

If she comes through I will be the first to give her credit, but I'm going to wait for results.

We won't know how anything plays out until it plays out, but Nancy Pelosi was willing to be in the minority as well as in the majority, and that requires being able to tolerate being butt**** powerless. Unlike a Representative's Senate counterpart, a Rep in the House has no power. Yet Pelosi didn't flee. Point is: she's patient.

What remains to be seen is if "patience" is defined as "just happy to have a cushy office in Congress" or "happy to wait out the other person for as long as it takes to get what she wants."

The next few weeks will be educational for all.

We won't know how anything plays out until it plays out, but Nancy Pelosi was willing to be in the minority as well as in the majority, and that requires being able to tolerate being butt**** powerless. Unlike a Representative's Senate counterpart, a Rep in the House has no power. Yet Pelosi didn't flee. Point is: she's patient.

What remains to be seen is if "patience" is defined as "just happy to have a cushy office in Congress" or "happy to wait out the other person for as long as it takes to get what she wants."

The next few weeks will be educational for all.
I have the feeling that the Dems will give Trump money for border security and they will say it's for a fence, while Trump will say it's for a wall.

I have the feeling that the Dems will give Trump money for border security and they will say it's for a fence, while Trump will say it's for a wall.

Uh ohs, looks like Pelosi is starting to crack:

"Pelosi suggests in response to question that she would agree to a dollar - one - for Trump wall."

https://twitter.com/ericawerner/status/1080978660486725632

One must wonder if she's working simply to break down and demoralize Trump (which is very possible) or if she's overextending herself with bluster. Again, as should be the attached signature for all of these posts, "we shall see."

"Pelosi suggests in response to question that she would agree to a dollar - one - for Trump wall."

One must wonder if she's working simply to break down and demoralize Trump (which is very possible) or if she's overextending herself with bluster. Again, as should be the attached signature for all of these posts, "we shall see."

She also said: ""A wall is an immorality. It's not who we are as a nation. And this is not a wall between Mexico and the United States that the president is creating here. It's a wall between reality and his constituents."

She's really taking it to the poor widdle pwesident.

based on her comments on the today show, i believe she is trolling him:
The president may not know this, but Hawaii is part of the United States of America. Maybe he doesn't realize that ...

she's also about to troll mcconnell, by passing in the house continuing resolution bills identical to those the senate passed prior to the december adjournment
mcconnell will either have to refuse to put on the floor for a vote the same bill he was willing to act on before, or if he has the courage to place it for a vote (unlikely), that will provide tRump the opportunity to veto it and continue the shutdown ... where he will have another opportunity to wear it proudly

Damn straight.

We worked our asses off to put her back in the game, so she has an obligation to win her first fight.

I just became a TYT member and saw Cenk predict today that the donors call and Nancy folds. I HATE when Cenk is right like that, but let's face it, Cenk is most likely right about that. :roll:

I mean think about it, you have the markets, the donors, Nancy, and then you have irrational Trump. They won't get Trump to back down because he's literally insane and he literally thinks most of the contry is behind him.

based on her comments on the today show, i believe she is trolling him:

she's also about to troll mcconnell, by passing in the house continuing resolution bills identical to those the senate passed prior to the december adjournment
mcconnell will either have to refuse to put on the floor for a vote the same bill he was willing to act on before, or if he has the courage to place it for a vote (unlikely), that will provide tRump the opportunity to veto it and continue the shutdown ... where he will have another opportunity to wear it proudly

She's trolling Trump to be sure, but to be honest I don't think McConnell gives a sweet ****.

She also said: ""A wall is an immorality. It's not who we are as a nation. And this is not a wall between Mexico and the United States that the president is creating here. It's a wall between reality and his constituents."

She's really taking it to the poor widdle pwesident.

The hag doesn't want a wall keeping future Democrat voters out

The hag doesn't want a wall keeping future Democrat voters out

just as the republicans, who until yesterday owned the house, the senate, and the white house, did not attempt to reform and enforce immigration laws because they want the cheap labor force

ConventionalRareGalapagospenguin-max-1mb.gif

Considering Republicans still control the presidency and Senate I would agree the adults are still in charge. The children will run around the house creating noise but accomplish very little

Ahh, there goes that partisan hackery Mr. "Independent".

And while the Democrats may accomplish little, they can't possibly do any worse than the GOP controlled congress who outside of some horrendously unpopular tax cuts, basically did nothing but cover up for their corrupt president for two years. That's why they got their asses booted out, with 60 million people voting against their worthless asses.

Back
Top Bottom