• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSNBC's Joy Reid dismisses focus on Gabby Petito case as 'missing White woman syndrome

So Joy wants to put her in the same ignore status as the hundreds of nameless faceless people who look like she does , but also ignores , who are gunned down in the bloody white liberal ruled killing pen black ghettos of Chicago, Atlanta, L.A.,,,?
You are just awesome Joy.

Over 1,000 victims, 126 dead, just 2 convictions: 6 years of mass shootings in Chicago​

What point are you attempting to make?

What point are you attempting to make?
The point is that the gripe is moot. There is an entire department of law enforcement dedicated to finding missing indigenous girls whether or not they’re popular enough on social media for the national news to take note. If Joy Reid wants to talk about Laquesha Nobody then she’s free to do so, but she chooses not to just like every other bobble head opinion show host on national “news.”

I remember it being 24/7 on FOX when Holloway disappeared.

It's a sad fact in America that women are injured and killed by their male SO's a LOT. In fact murder by their male SO is the number one cause of death in pregnant women in this country. If you don't believe me, look it up.

It's a sad fact in America that women are injured and killed by their male SO's a LOT. In fact murder by their male SO is the number one cause of death in pregnant women in this country. If you don't believe me, look it up.

The white supremacists at Fox News and CNN both have this story leading their pages. The somewhat less extreme white supremacists at MSNBC have it at number two. Thoughts and prayers with Joy during this difficult time.

Who's Laquesha?

Almost as if she triggered you or something.

Not only do I believe you but I used that exact scenario as the example you cited. Was that good enough for you?

Fascinating.

It's almost as if you can't see the difference between the two cases.............................

Is there ANYTHING she cannot put into a racial context?

Yeah but I wouldn't point the finger at Fox. Maybe they cover it more than the others but excessive attention is till given to this story all over media. Part of it is she was already a known blogger or something right, which makes her kinda famous.

But the news wires seldom give such attention to women of color, poor white women from broken homes, missing sex workers, etc...

It's almost as if you can't see the difference between the two cases.............................
It's almost as if you can't see that both people are equally dead because someone took their life.
But you've been conditioned to care about only melanin, not human beings.
You've been conditioned to be outraged when bozos like Joy Reid trumpet about how racist it is to cover a missing white woman.

The media saturated not only the country, but the world with the death of a black man, and as tragic as that was, it was pure exploitation and manipulation.
Successful, in your case.

1. Yes, the obsessive coverage on local and national TV stations (not to mention cable outlets, such as my favorite FOX) is excessive and almost comical.

You know, I have not watched cnn or msnbc since November elections. There used to be a time I took pleasure in watching them because it was much fun watching those who disagree with you. I cant stand them anymore. I prefer to live in my FOX bubble. It is actually for my own good. An hour of msnbc these days can cause irreversible damage to my sanity.

Do you? They bleat on about it on sites like this. They run around and pretend to give a **** at BLM rallies. Since 2013 when BLM started, nothing has changed for black Americans in the ratholes run by democrats. They blindly vote for and cheer on the same party that created those desperate shitholes. I dont think they care a bit. AS long as they vote reliably for their party they couldnt give a **** about them.

She is such a racist. I can't stand her or MSNBC in general. MSNBC has become the black political magazine network.

What Fox is to Trumpism, MSNB is to black propaganda.

Fox is deplorable.

MSNBC is only black propaganda.

4. The TV stations do not give the same coverage to missing ladies of color because not enough viewers are that interested in such cases.
The fact that these women garner less interest is a testament to the immorality of a society.

No, because he'd be in prison by now. Nobody would be worrying about this incredible whodunit.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…