• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSNBC's Joy Reid dismisses focus on Gabby Petito case as 'missing White woman syndrome

She does not have a say what gets aired on the news. The executives do

You can only think of 3?? WTF!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_syndrome Here's a whole list

So she's asked, and they said no? That's what she said?

In the last 10 years, I see 3 cases of supposed "white woman syndrome" in the United States, one of which involved a double murder and, as far as I can remember, none of which received anything like the attention that Gabby Petito is receiving.

the article states they are saying that now, after the fact and that there is no audio of the incident. Unless they can prove the Hostess said something racial to them, then it's irrelevant. They are guilty of assault and should be charged with it.
even if she DID say something, it's still assault. do we excuse violence due to words now? perhaps they would get a lesser charge or something due to it being provoked perhaps.
It will come down to a 'she said, she said' debate.
I think Al Sharpton is arranging his schedule so he can show up as soon as he figures out it is to his advantage.

The answer to that question is yes...if a middle to upper income black woman went missing and her middle to upper income black fiance showed up back home without her and then went missing, it would be just as big a story. Because...that scenario is completely abnormal and happens so infrequently that it becomes news worthy. Tragically...a black woman getting killed by a black man (or a black man getting killed by a black man) happens so often that its not a question of 'Ohmigarsh....didja hear what happened????" but rather "shit...well...looks like we have another one...thats 6 before lunch...." They dont get killed on camping trips in mysterious whodunnits. They just get murdered and left for dead in their plain old boring rat infested shitholes.

Black lives dont matter. They dont matter to black people. They damn sure dont matter to leftists. So to "what about us" this instance is rather silly. In the height of the "Black Live Matter" crusade, 34 cities in the US saw at least a 30% increase in homicides in the black American communities. Over 8600 black Americans were killed...1000 more than the previous year. Because...you know....they...matter. In Chicago, 84% of ALL the people murdered were black. in NYC 74% all the people murdered were black. Even though the black population in both those cities are extreme minorities. And you know who killed them? Thats right...statues of Civil War generals carrying Confederate flags. No...wait...it was just black people.

So who gives a ****? Black people dont matter to black people.

WOW Vance,
Get into bar fights much?

In the last 10 years, I see 3 cases of supposed "white woman syndrome" in the United States, one of which involved a double murder and, as far as I can remember, none of which received anything like the attention that Gabby Petito is receiving.
stay clueless, my friend.

Not to be outdone by 24/7 coverage of a murdered black man for the bulk of 2020.
You mean George Floyd? Murdered in broad daylight by a police officer while other police officers stood around and did nothing. That black man?

#sad

The answer to that question is yes...if a middle to upper income black woman went missing and her middle to upper income black fiance showed up back home without her and then went missing, it would be just as big a story. Because...that scenario is completely abnormal and happens so infrequently that it becomes news worthy. Tragically...a black woman getting killed by a black man (or a black man getting killed by a black man) happens so often that its not a question of 'Ohmigarsh....didja hear what happened????" but rather "shit...well...looks like we have another one...thats 6 before lunch...." They dont get killed on camping trips in mysterious whodunnits. They just get murdered and left for dead in their plain old boring rat infested shitholes.

Black lives dont matter. They dont matter to black people. They damn sure dont matter to leftists. So to "what about us" this instance is rather silly. In the height of the "Black Live Matter" crusade, 34 cities in the US saw at least a 30% increase in homicides in the black American communities. Over 8600 black Americans were killed...1000 more than the previous year. Because...you know....they...matter. In Chicago, 84% of ALL the people murdered were black. in NYC 74% all the people murdered were black. Even though the black population in both those cities are extreme minorities. And you know who killed them? Thats right...statues of Civil War generals carrying Confederate flags. No...wait...it was just black people.

So who gives a ****? Black people dont matter to black people.

Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool...

stay clueless, my friend.

Or, you know, you could clue us in, which you have yet to do.

If you don't want to discuss the topic of the thread, just say so. No need for insults.

Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool..
Than to post a mindless retort with no content to my comment and make yourself look stupid.

And yet you do it. Over. And Over. And Over.

Or, you know, you could clue us in, which you have yet to do.

If you don't want to discuss the topic of the thread, just say so. No need for insults.
You said: In the last 10 years, I see 3 cases of supposed "white woman syndrome" in the United States,

I did "clue" you in, i pointed to a link that shows dozens of missing white women.

It is kind of "wTF, what are they thinking." Can she say what she wants on-air or not?
As I said, Gabby's story has little to do with colour.

It is kind of "wTF, what are they thinking." Can she say what she wants on-air or not?
As I said, Gabby's story has little to do with colour.
The story itself has nothing to do with color, the way that media covers it kind does.

The story itself has nothing to do with color, the way that media covers it kind does.
how so??? I didn't recall the media kept yelling "white" "white""white""white""white""white""white""white""white" 🙏

how so??? I didn't recall the media kept yelling "white" "white""white""white""white""white""white""white""white" 🙏
If you cant see how missing white women way get more air time then I cant help you.

"Missing White Woman Syndrome."

Joy does have a point here. I mean both sides of the media does this, but FOX is notorious for this. It's been on front and center on their website for days now. I bet if you turn on Fox News now, they will be covering it. It's the "help the pretty blonde girl be found" news reporting. As Joy said, the media ignores people of color.

I don't keep up with Joy Reid, but has she talked at all about Jelani Day?

The phrase "missing white woman syndrome" is insulting. The left does have a problem with excusing bigotry, as long as it's against white people.

The phrase "missing white woman syndrome" is insulting. The left does have a problem with excusing bigotry, as long as it's against white people.
Not insulting. It's pointing out that a certain segment of society only seems to care about the missing white woman. Call is bigotry or racism, it's not a good quality to have.
We should not promote stories like this simply to sell advertisements. Missing people of all color dont seem to get the same coverage.

Not insulting. It's pointing out that a certain segment of society only seems to care about the missing white woman. Call is bigotry or racism, it's not a good quality to have.
We should not promote stories like this simply to sell advertisements. Missing people of all color dont seem to get the same coverage.

Then show a statistic and talk about it, but don't make up racist stereotypes about white people only giving a shit about crimes against white people. Nobody would say it's not bigotry if someone called a fixation with black violence in Chicago "dead-negro-itis", right? This is no different.

At some point, there must be some consistency about the words we find acceptable. And, please, don't respond "not insulting" when I say it was to me. That's condescending.

242708517_4319231194786867_6355846695277266785_n.jpg

If you cant see how missing white women way get more air time then I cant help you.
If no one cares, do you think the MSM will run the story this long? I remembered many missing non-white / white women missing on the news too. Most of those stories cannot live within one news cycle. As I said, her story has little to do with white. People just want to know more.

What about "black victimhood syndrome," how many stories are out there?

While I generally find Candace Ownes to be over the top most of the time, she nailed this one:

1632351917099.png

Joy Reid is spreading anti-caucasian racism to the cheers of many here.

Back
Top Bottom