• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Mr. Bush, you are under arrest...

Madacapa

New member
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
Mr. Bush, you are under arrest for crimes against humanity for illegally starting a war with Iraq.

You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions. Do you understand?

Anything you do say may be used against you in a court of law. Do you understand?

You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future. Do you understand?

If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you before any questioning if you wish. Do you understand?

If you decide to answer questions now without an attorney present you will still have the right to stop answering at any time until you talk to an attorney. Do you understand?

Knowing and understanding your rights as I have explained them to you, are you willing to answer my questions without an attorney present?
 

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
240,789
Reaction score
72,514
Location
Ohio
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Madacapa said:
Mr. Bush, you are under arrest for crimes against humanity for illegally starting a war with Iraq.

You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions. Do you understand?

Anything you do say may be used against you in a court of law. Do you understand?

You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future. Do you understand?

If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you before any questioning if you wish. Do you understand?

If you decide to answer questions now without an attorney present you will still have the right to stop answering at any time until you talk to an attorney. Do you understand?

Knowing and understanding your rights as I have explained them to you, are you willing to answer my questions without an attorney present?
go try to arrest him-we will read about your funeral in the paper or I will review the insanity plea your defense attorney will be submitting the District Court for the District of Columbia

I suspect it will result in a life time committment at a federal mental hospital
 

Madacapa

New member
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
Mr. Turtle,

I don't have to go and arrest him. I am asking him to turn himself into the authorities. I am sure his lawyers will tell him where to go to get finger printed.

Madacapa
 

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
240,789
Reaction score
72,514
Location
Ohio
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Madacapa said:
Mr. Turtle,

I don't have to go and arrest him. I am asking him to turn himself into the authorities. I am sure his lawyers will tell him where to go to get finger printed.

Madacapa

dream on. Its sad seeing so many jihadist enablers in the left these days. Its far more reasonable to see all the hateful BUsh bashers who hope for American losses so they can blame Bush arrested for aiding and comforting the Islamist enemy as criminals than your crack pipe dream

this thread looks like basement material to me-the premise has no sensible argument other than to cause a flame war
 
Last edited:

TimmyBoy

Banned
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
TurtleDude said:
dream on. Its sad seeing so many jihadist enablers in the left these days. Its far more reasonable to see all the hateful BUsh bashers who hope for American losses so they can blame Bush arrested for aiding and comforting the Islamist enemy than your crack pipe dream

this thread looks like basement material to me-the premise has no sensible argument other than to cause a flame war

Wait a second Turtle, you are a lawyer, you should know that before making an arrest, by the written laws of the land, an officer of the law must first have probable cause.
 

TimmyBoy

Banned
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
TurtleDude said:
dream on. Its sad seeing so many jihadist enablers in the left these days. Its far more reasonable to see all the hateful BUsh bashers who hope for American losses so they can blame Bush arrested for aiding and comforting the Islamist enemy than your crack pipe dream

this thread looks like basement material to me-the premise has no sensible argument other than to cause a flame war
To be honest Turtle, I have met some lawyers who know less about the law than most cops. You don't have to go to law school to know and understand the law, you just have to go to law school to make the big checks while arguing cases in a court room heh heh.
 

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
240,789
Reaction score
72,514
Location
Ohio
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
TimmyBoy said:
Wait a second Turtle, you are a lawyer, you should know that before making an arrest, by the written laws of the land, an officer of the law must first have probable cause.
Of course and that is why it was such a stupid opening post but I think we do have probable cause to arrest the enablers :mrgreen:
 

TimmyBoy

Banned
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
You would be amazed at some of the arguments I have with some people Turtle. They seem to think the police have alot of power and I explain to them the only two legal authorities that officers of the law have are probable cause and reasonable articuable suscipicion. They just don't know or understand the law. Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, take my posts with a grain of salt, if wish to know for sure about the law, please consult with your attorney. Their we go, now I can't be sued since I put my disclaimer up heh heh ehh heh.
 

Madacapa

New member
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
TimmyBoy said:
Wait a second Turtle, you are a lawyer, you should know that before making an arrest, by the written laws of the land, an officer of the law must first have probable cause.
Based on what I have seen I have made an arrest. It is up to the prosecuters to actually try the case in court. If Mr. Bush does not turn himself in, then there is nothing that I can do. I have made a Citizen's Arrest, so it is legal.

And yes, I am trying to start a Flame War...:fueltofir
 

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
240,789
Reaction score
72,514
Location
Ohio
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Madacapa said:
Based on what I have seen I have made an arrest. It is up to the prosecuters to actually try the case in court. If Mr. Bush does not turn himself in, then there is nothing that I can do. I have made a Citizen's Arrest, so it is legal.

And yes, I am trying to start a Flame War...:fueltofir

You clearly have no clue about the law so stick to whining about losing the last two elections:mrgreen:
 

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 27, 2005
Messages
43,603
Reaction score
26,254
Location
Houston, TX
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
As much as I wouldn't mind Bush being thrown in jail for what he has done, I must remind you that this section of the forum is for newsworthy events. If there is a warrant out for the arrest of Bush, then please post a link. Otherwise, this thread belongs in the Basement, IMHO.
 

Madacapa

New member
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
TurtleDude said:
You clearly have no clue about the law so stick to whining about losing the last two elections:mrgreen:
Here is some information on making a Citizen's Arrest:


Copyright ©1994 Constitutional Business
Post Office Box 90
Hull, Massachusetts 02045
Tel. 617-925-5253
Fax 617-925-3906
All Rights Reserved

Limited License:

The right to publish this article off-line in print, or via CD-ROM, floppy diskette, tape, laser disk, or any other media, electronic or otherwise, can only be granted by the author and must be in writing. Online usage is unrestricted as long as this article, including the byline, copyright notice, publisher's address, and limited license, is published in its entirety.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONSTITUTIONAL BUSINESS
Published By Citizens' Justice Programs

Post Office Box 90, Hull, Massachusetts 02045


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Citizens' Arrest
By David C. Grossack, Constitutional Attorney
Common Law Copyright © 1994
All Rights Reserved

Not long ago the politically correct Boston Globe noticed a "shocking" new trend. It seems as if some citizens of Massachusetts were so fed up with crime that they have begun to intervene in petty street crime afflicting the streets of our cities. Thieves and pickpockets in Massachusetts should exercise caution in where and how they ply their craft as the chances that vigilantes pummel them and drag them to the nearest cop are definitely on an upswing. While the Globe is shocked at this healthy trend, students of the law should note that both a statutory and common law basis for a certain degree of "vigilante behavior" is well founded. Indeed, in an era of lawlessness it is important that readers be advised as to their lawful right to protect their communities, loved ones and themselves by making lawful citizens' arrests. The purpose of this essay is to simply explain the law and the historical context of the citizen's arrest.

First, what is an arrest?

We can thank Black's Law Dictionary for a good definition: "The apprehending or detaining of a person in order to be forthcoming to answer an alleged or suspected crime." See Ex parte Sherwood, (29 Tex. App. 334, 15 S.W. 812).

Historically, in Anglo Saxon law in medieval England citizen's arrests were an important part of community law enforcement. Sheriffs encouraged and relied upon active participation by able bodied persons in the towns and villages of their jurisdiction. From this legacy originated the concept of the posse comitatus which is a part of the United States legal tradition as well as the English. In medieval England, the right of private persons to make arrests was virtually identical to the right of a sheriff and constable to do so. (See Inbau and Thompson, Criminal Procedure, The Foundation Press, Mineola, NY 1974.

A strong argument can be made that the right to make a citizen's arrest is a constitutionally protected right under the Ninth Amendment as its impact includes the individual's natural right to self preservation and the defense of the others. Indeed, the laws of citizens arrest appear to be predicated upon the effectiveness of the Second Amendment. Simply put, without firepower, people are less likely going to be able to make a citizen's arrest. A random sampling of the various states as well as the District of Columbia indicates that a citizen's arrest is valid when a public offense was committed in the presence of the arresting private citizen or when the arresting private citizen has a reasonable belief that the suspect has committed a felony, whether or not in the presence of the arresting citizen.

In the most crime ridden spot in the country, our nation's capitol, District of Columbia Law 23- 582(b) reads as follows:

(b) A private person may arrest another -

(1) who he has probable cause to believe is committing in his presence -

(A) a felony, or

(B) an offense enumerated in section 23-581 (a)(2); or

(2) in aid of a law enforcement officer or special policeman, or other person authorized by law to make an arrest.

(c) Any person making an arrest pursuant to this section shall deliver the person arrested to a law enforcement officer without unreasonable delay. (July 29, 1970, 84 Stat. 630, Pub. L. 91-358, Title II, § 210(a); 1973 Ed., § 23-582; Apr. 30, 1988, D.C. Law 7-104, § 7(e), 35 DCR 147.)

In Tennessee, it has been held that a private citizen has the right to arrest when a felony has been committed and he has reasonable cause to believe that the person arrested committed it. Reasonable grounds will justify the arrest, whether the facts turn out to be sufficient or not. (See Wilson v. State, 79 Tenn. 310 (1833).

Contrast this to Massachusetts law, which while permitting a private person to arrest for a felony, permits those acquitted of the felony charge to sue the arresting person for false arrest or false imprisonment. (See Commonwealth v. Harris, 11 Mass. App. 165 (1981))

Kentucky law holds that a person witnessing a felony must take affirmative steps to prevent it, if possible. (See Gill v. Commonwealth, 235 KY 351 (1930.)

Indeed, Kentucky citizens are permitted to kill fleeing felons while making a citizen's arrest (Kentucky Criminal Code § 37; S 43, §44.)

Utah law permits citizen's arrest, but explicitly prohibits deadly force. (See Chapter 76-2-403.)

Making citizen's arrest maliciously or without reasonable basis in belief could lead to civil or criminal penalties. It would obviously be a violation of a suspect's civil rights to use excessive force, to torture, to hold in unsafe or cruel conditions or to invent a reason to arrest for the ulterior motive of settling a private score.

Civil lawsuits against department stores, police departments, and even cult deprogrammers for false imprisonment are legend. Anybody who makes a citizens arrest should not use more force than is necessary, should not delay in turning the suspect over to the proper authorities, and should never mete out any punishment ... unless willing to face the consequences.

As the ability of the powers that be to hold society together and preserve law and order diminishes, citizen's arrests will undoubtedly be more common as a way to help communities cope with the wrongdoers in out midst.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The author is an attorney in private practice in Boston.
 

TimmyBoy

Banned
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
TurtleDude said:
You clearly have no clue about the law so stick to whining about losing the last two elections:mrgreen:

Quick Question Turtle. I have maintained a pre-paid legal insurance plan with a private company. I keep it for the future if I ever need a lawyer for whatever reasons that may come up. What sort of recommendations do you have? Are these pre-paid legal insurance plans worth it? I mean, we do live in a letigation happy society and it certainly helps to be able to consult a lawyer when you feel your rights have been violated. Not that I am sue happy or anything. Not to mention, I might need to grant power of attorney to somebody or eventually make a will when I get older.
 

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
240,789
Reaction score
72,514
Location
Ohio
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
danarhea said:
As much as I wouldn't mind Bush being thrown in jail for what he has done, I must remind you that this section of the forum is for newsworthy events. If there is a warrant out for the arrest of Bush, then please post a link. Otherwise, this thread belongs in the Basement, IMHO.

You know BUsh is doint OK when far left moonbats and the hard core libertarian purists both want to arrest him

basement time please for this tinderbox:mrgreen:
 

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
240,789
Reaction score
72,514
Location
Ohio
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
TimmyBoy said:
Quick Question Turtle. I have maintained a pre-paid legal insurance plan with a private company. I keep it for the future if I ever need a lawyer for whatever reasons that may come up. What sort of recommendations do you have? Are these pre-paid legal insurance plans worth it? I mean, we do live in a letigation happy society and it certainly helps to be able to consult a lawyer when you feel your rights have been violated. Not that I am sue happy or anything. Not to mention, I might need to grant power of attorney to somebody or eventually make a will.

for that sort of stuff I think t hey are a good idea since everyone ought to have legal advice when doing a will, power of attorney, real estate transfer etc. I have had no dealings with these however. Check and see what the coverage is limited to however
 

TimmyBoy

Banned
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
TurtleDude said:
for that sort of stuff I think t hey are a good idea since everyone ought to have legal advice when doing a will, power of attorney, real estate transfer etc. I have had no dealings with these however. Check and see what the coverage is limited to however
I think I have a pretty decent legal insurance plan. My medical insurance company was stonewalling on making a payment I was responsible for, so I used my insurance to consult a lawyer and he wrote a letter to the insurance company which had a positive effect because the insurance company made the payment they were suppose to make. But generally, if I were going to sue, my legal plan would offer a 25% discounted rate and if I were criminally charged with certain offenses I had several hundred hours of criminal defense time. But they also offer writing of wills and real-estate transfers and writing threatening letters heh heh.
 

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 27, 2005
Messages
43,603
Reaction score
26,254
Location
Houston, TX
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
TimmyBoy said:
I think I have a pretty decent legal insurance plan. My medical insurance company was stonewalling on making a payment I was responsible for, so I used my insurance to consult a lawyer and he wrote a letter to the insurance company which had a positive effect because the insurance company made the payment they were suppose to make. But generally, if I were going to sue, my legal plan would offer a 25% discounted rate and if I were criminally charged with certain offenses I had several hundred hours of criminal defense time. But they also offer writing of wills and real-estate transfers and writing threatening letters heh heh.
My company had pre-paid legal a few years ago, and it was good for the more mundane tasks, but when it came to real litigation, we were not very happy with them. We fired them about 6 years ago. At the present time, we are forclosing a commercial lien in downtown Houston, and the pre-paid legal firm we once had would have been out of their element. Currently, we have an attorney who is familiar with the law as it applies to contracts, Texas Property Law, and rules and regulations which affect the construction industry. She was recommended to us originally by ACCA (Air Conditioning Contractors of America - We are a member), and is handling our present case. We have learned that, when seeking a lawyer, one which specializes in areas of the law relevant to your own particular interests is best.
 
Last edited:

mikeey

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 3, 2005
Messages
776
Reaction score
93
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Madacapa where did he come from,can anyone tell me,Bush is an ENGLISH
name what is the history of his family.

mikeey
 

TimmyBoy

Banned
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
danarhea said:
My company had pre-paid legal a few years ago, and it was good for the more mundane tasks, but when it came to real litigation, we were not very happy with them. We fired them about 6 years ago. At the present time, we are forclosing a commercial lien in downtown Houston, and the pre-paid legal firm we once had would have been out of their element. Currently, we have an attorney who is familiar with the law as it applies to contracts, Texas Property Law, and rules and regulations which affect the construction industry. She was recommended to us originally by ACCA (Air Conditioning Contractors of America - We are a member), and is handling our present case. We have learned that, when seeking a lawyer, one which specializes in areas of the law relevant to your own particular interests is best.
Thanks for the advice. I will certainly take it seriously.
 

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 27, 2005
Messages
43,603
Reaction score
26,254
Location
Houston, TX
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
mikeey said:
Madacapa where did he come from,can anyone tell me,Bush is an ENGLISH
name what is the history of his family.

mikeey
The Bush family can be traced back to British royalty, and interestingly enough, John Kerry is actually a distant relative of George Bush.

Genealogy of George Bush can be found here.
 

Canuck

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
849
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Madacapa said:
Based on what I have seen I have made an arrest. It is up to the prosecuters to actually try the case in court. If Mr. Bush does not turn himself in, then there is nothing that I can do. I have made a Citizen's Arrest, so it is legal.

And yes, I am trying to start a Flame War...:fueltofir
shouldnt be hard to convict him
He is an easy target
he has broken the law several times
 

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
240,789
Reaction score
72,514
Location
Ohio
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Canuck said:
shouldnt be hard to convict him
He is an easy target
he has broken the law several times
You are lying and I doubt you have the ability to explain what law he broke and what court would have jurisidiction. While you are at it discuss the concept of sovereign immunity and "official acts" relevance to this
 

TimmyBoy

Banned
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
TurtleDude said:
You are lying and I doubt you have the ability to explain what law he broke and what court would have jurisidiction. While you are at it discuss the concept of sovereign immunity and "official acts" relevance to this
I know sovereign immunity heh heh. It's what enables the state patrol to run folks off the road without worrying about lawsuits. If Bush were to be charged with something, their would likely be articles of impeachment brought against him.
 
Top Bottom