• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mother Teresa on Abortion/ gun violence

Bear5131

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
So true..

I feel that the greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child, a direct killing of the innocent child, murder by the mother herself. And if we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another? How do we persuade a woman not to have an abortion? As always, we must persuade her with love and we remind ourselves that love means to be willing to give until it hurts. Jesus gave even His life to love us. So, the mother who is thinking of abortion, should be helped to love, that is, to give until it hurts her plans, or her free time, to respect the life of her child. The father of that child, whoever he is, must also give until it hurts.

By abortion, the mother does not learn to love, but kills even her own child to solve her problems. And, by abortion, that father is told that he does not have to take any responsibility at all for the child he has brought into the world. The father is likely to put other women into the same trouble. So abortion just leads to more abortion. Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what they want. This is why the greatest destroyer of love and peace is abortion.

So true..
Such lies ...
I feel that the greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child, a direct killing of the innocent child, murder by the mother herself.
It is no such thing. A ZEF is NOT a child!
And if we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, ...
She cannot. There are laws against that.
how can we tell other people not to kill one another?
That one is easy. Do not kill one another.
How do we persuade a woman not to have an abortion?
I would never deign to think I had the right to do that.
As always, we must persuade her with love and we remind ourselves that love means to be willing to give until it hurts. Jesus gave even His life to love us. So, the mother who is thinking of abortion, should be helped to love, that is, to give until it hurts her plans, or her free time, to respect the life of her child. The father of that child, whoever he is, must also give until it hurts.
An argument based on facts not in evidence.
By abortion, the mother does not learn to love, but kills even her own child to solve her problems. And, by abortion, that father is told that he does not have to take any responsibility at all for the child he has brought into the world. The father is likely to put other women into the same trouble.
An entirely different, and unrelated issue.
So abortion just leads to more abortion.
Yet another memo from the land of zero evidence.
Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what they want. This is why the greatest destroyer of love and peace is abortion.
Nonsense.

So true..

I feel that the greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child, a direct killing of the innocent child, murder by the mother herself. And if we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another? How do we persuade a woman not to have an abortion? As always, we must persuade her with love and we remind ourselves that love means to be willing to give until it hurts. Jesus gave even His life to love us. So, the mother who is thinking of abortion, should be helped to love, that is, to give until it hurts her plans, or her free time, to respect the life of her child. The father of that child, whoever he is, must also give until it hurts.

By abortion, the mother does not learn to love, but kills even her own child to solve her problems. And, by abortion, that father is told that he does not have to take any responsibility at all for the child he has brought into the world. The father is likely to put other women into the same trouble. So abortion just leads to more abortion. Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what they want. This is why the greatest destroyer of love and peace is abortion.

Not only that, but she does so for selfish, self-serving reasons.

The left claim it's about "healthcare". The truth is, it's contraception by other means.

These people are monsters.

Such lies ...

It is no such thing. A ZEF is NOT a child!

She cannot. There are laws against that.

That one is easy. Do not kill one another.

I would never deign to think I had the right to do that.

An argument based on facts not in evidence.

An entirely different, and unrelated issue.

Yet another memo from the land of zero evidence.

Nonsense.
Interesting how you broke it down so much , it must of really hit home. I never read that speech of hers before till today, and it's funny how the older one gets the views seem to come together. She was so correct

So true..

This is a child:

R.3af4fe8a583214a4dc9805433b248f7e

This is not a child:

1-lm-of-human-zygote-during-in-vitro-fertilisation-cc-studioscience-photo-library.jpg

How many times you gonna take this class before you pass? The bill is in the mail. Pay up.

Mother Teresa was a seriously messed up person.

In 1999, Trump explicitly expressed his pro-abortion rights views on Meet the Press, telling host Tim Russert that he was "very pro-choice."

"I hate the concept of abortion," Trump clarified, "I hate everything it stands for, I cringe when I listen to people debating the subject. But you still — I just believe in choice ... I am strongly for choice and yet I hate the concept of abortion."

When Russert pressed Trump on whether he would ban partial-birth abortion, Trump responded, "No. I am pro-choice in every respect, and as far as it goes, but I just hate it."

When will the GOP lead the charge for the immediate tax deduction for in the womb children? Day 1 the deductible child begins.

Just shocking that a Catholic nun is anti-abortion.
Is your post suppose to be some kind of great revelation?

Interesting how you broke it down so much , it must of really hit home.
Not even a little. It's as if your entire life is based on false assumptions, not unlike the false assumptions that drove Mother Teresa's life.
First of all, I'm male, but unlike you, I don't suffer the hubris of thinking I know what women are going through, nor the myriad of circumstances in their lives that lead them to conclude that an abortion is their best course of action. I'm not as arrogant as you are.
Second, I haven't caused anyone to want, or need, an abortion in my entire long life, so the idea that anything is hitting home is just one more big swing-and-a-miss on your part. You strike out a lot.
Third, no matter how far along the development of a fetal body, nobody "arrives" until their birthday! Nobody. There has never been any scientific evidence of the presence of a self-directed animating force in a fetus, because there is no occupant in there to make a decision.
I never read that speech of hers before till today, and it's funny how the older one gets the views seem to come together. She was so correct
What's funny, in a comic/tragic way, is how the older one gets, the more ossified and entrenched their existing views and beliefs remain, unable or unwilling to open their minds to new information.
She was so wrong.

Not even a little. It's as if your entire life is based on false assumptions, not unlike the false assumptions that drove Mother Teresa's life.
First of all, I'm male, but unlike you, I don't suffer the hubris of thinking I know what women are going through, nor the myriad of circumstances in their lives that lead them to conclude that an abortion is their best course of action. I'm not as arrogant as you are.
Second, I haven't caused anyone to want, or need, an abortion in my entire long life, so the idea that anything is hitting home is just one more big swing-and-a-miss on your part. You strike out a lot.
Third, no matter how far along the development of a fetal body, nobody "arrives" until their birthday! Nobody. There has never been any scientific evidence of the presence of a self-directed animating force in a fetus, because there is no occupant in there to make a decision.

What's funny, in a comic/tragic way, is how the older one gets, the more ossified and entrenched their existing views and beliefs remain, unable or unwilling to open their minds to new information.
She was so wrong.

Denile is not just a river in Egypt, you had to break down mother Teresa's speech,now that says how much it bothered you and made you try to throw cold water on it.

Mother teresa was spot on, killing a baby devalues human life and sendsthe wrong message that life has no value, that's why these kids shoot up schools, kill each other at will.

Mother teresa was spot on, killing a baby devalues human life ...
... and is also against the law. But an abortion is not "killing a baby" anymore than having a miscarriage is killing a baby - and there's some scientific evidence that perhaps as much as half of all pregnancies end that way.
Learn the facts.

Mother Teresa​

Died in 1997

Back
Top Bottom