• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mother accidentally shoots and kill teenage daughter

You think firearms training for military and law enforcement doesn't involve a safety component?
Of course it’s a component. Just an incredibly minor one. And it’s not so much as what I think it’s what I know having actually gone through that training.

I don't mean this disrespectful... but if you knew anything about modern guns, you would know that a modern .44 pistol absolutely does not malfunction.
I think if you look at one of my other posts - a reply to you, no less - you'll see I am perfectly well aware of this.

Of course it’s a component. Just an incredibly minor one. And it’s not so much as what I think it’s what I know having actually gone through that training.
A minor one we agree is useful and necessary?

You are more likely to be shot and killed with a gun in the US than any other nation on earth. That is a fact.
Children don’t get shot to death while in class in other countries, it just doesn’t happen, and if it does, it’s a rare anomaly.
You're more likely to drown in a bathtub in homes that have bathtubs.

You're more likely to take a fatal tumble down a stairway in homes that have stairways.

And I disagree , owning a gun does not make you free, not being in debt and having the freedom to travel whenever and wherever you wish, that’s real freedom
Guns do not equal freedom.
Your disagreement is in error. The right to keep and bear arms has been a core pillar of freedom for thousands of years now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns give BillyBob the illusion of freedom.
That is incorrect. The right to keep and bear arms has been a core pillar of freedom for thousands of years now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why don't police officers carry a gun with a chambered round in a bag?
Holsters are preferable to bags.

I would argue there's no such thing as too much training. Much like education, it doesn't end when they hand you a diploma.
Any training that is so extensive that it makes it difficult for people to own a gun is too much training.

Requiring gun owners to have the same training that Navy Seals undergo is too much training.

Is firearms training inherently a good thing?
It is. It’s why I have a ton of it.
But just because something is inherently good doesn’t mean I support the government mandating it.
Healthy eating and proper exercise is inherently good and would save way more lives then firearms training but I don’t support the government mandating that.

Do you. And if not then why.
After all the number of gun deaths due to accidents is incredibly tiny. Meanwhile being overweight is one of the leading causes of death in this country.

It is. It’s why I have a ton of it.
But just because something is inherently good doesn’t mean I support the government mandating it.
Healthy eating and proper exercise is inherently good and would save way more lives then firearms training but I don’t support the government mandating that.

Do you. And if not then why.
After all the number of gun deaths due to accidents is incredibly tiny. Meanwhile being overweight is one of the leading causes of death in this country.
I am stoked you received firearms training. It's a good thing.

Does your being overweight endanger the lives of others?

Dude, you brought up dicks.
That is incorrect. You are the one who started talking about it.

I said manhood.
As I said, you are the one who started talking about it.

If you are such a profound ***** (short for pusillanimous) that you cannot leave your home without a gun, that is where you keep your manhood.
You must have quite a lot of contempt for police officers.

You do realize that they carry guns?

So some baseline training is useful? What does that look like?

80 hours a year could be useful. For vehicle drivers especially. Is that the standard? "Useful"?

80 hours a year could be useful. For vehicle drivers especially. Is that the standard? "Useful"?
We can quibble over how much is necessary, but it does seem we agree that training is inherently useful.

We can quibble over how much is necessary, but it does seem we agree that training is inherently useful.

Which is a far cry from saying training should be mandated.

Especially when we consider that there are 500 or less fatalities a year among tens of millions of gun owners who use their guns hundreds of millions of times.

Which is a far cry from saying training should be mandated.

Especially when we consider that there are 500 or less fatalities a year among tens of millions of gun owners who use their guns hundreds of millions of times.
I acknowledge that the dispute here is not whether training is useful (although you go out of your way to undermine even that with "hardly anything ever happens!") but whether or not it should be required.

I acknowledge that the dispute here is not whether training is useful (although you go out of your way to undermine even that with "hardly anything ever happens!") but whether or not it should be required.

I'm sorry that the extremely low rates of serious accidents undermine the idea of mandatory training. And remember, this is just safety training we're talking about. Once you've said "Don't point that thing and make sure it's unloaded before you **** around with it", what's left?

Everyone here knows what you were implying when you were talking about gun owners manhood. It’s to late for you to dishonestly pretend any different at this point.

But I guess it does do a good job of demonstrating to the forum just how little integrity you have

Okay. It is clear you equate your manhood with your dick. I don’t. I can understand now how you think being disarmed is emasculating as opposed to simple cowardice.

Try not to soil yourself.

I'm sorry that the extremely low rates of serious accidents undermine the idea of mandatory training. And remember, this is just safety training we're talking about. Once you've said "Don't point that thing and make sure it's unloaded before you **** around with it", what's left?
In the context of this OP? "Don't chamber a round and store the gun in your purse" ought to be tacked on.

In the context of this OP? "Don't chamber a round and store the gun in your purse" ought to be tacked on.

Oh, I don't think it was specifically carrying it in a purse that was the problem. I would say carrying it in a purse buried in a bunch of shit.

Regardless, I don't know if you've contemplated how much training it might take to cover every possible eventuality where someone might dumb**** themselves into the next world. The way we're training now seems to be working pretty well. Anecdotes aside.

Okay. It is clear you equate your manhood with your dick. I don’t. I can understand now how you think being disarmed is emasculating as opposed to simple cowardice.

Try not to soil yourself.
I hate to tell you this but just dishonestly making up shit says way more about you then it does me.

I hate to tell you this but just dishonestly making up shit says way more about you then it does me.

I understand your cowardice. Face it. You can overcome your fear. Don’t keep your manhood in a gun. It is false.

I understand your cowardice. Face it. You can overcome your fear. Don’t keep your manhood in a gun. It is false.

Not to mention dangerous as shit.

I have to admit to Mexican carry at times though.

Says the man so scared of people owning a gun he wants to ban anyone from being able to do so.

But please keep lying. It’s a good look for you.

Says the man so scared of people owning a gun he wants to ban anyone from being able to do so.

But please keep lying. It’s a good look for you.

What? I own firearms.

You are confused. A natural consequence of being confronted with your own cowardice. You can overcome your fear. Your investiture of your manhood in a gun is false. True masculinity comes from within.

Back
Top Bottom