• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Most Failed World Leader Of The 20th Century

Most Failed World Leader of All Time

• Kaiser Wilhelm II

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Hitler

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Michael Gorbachev

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Emperor Hirohito

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Kazimierz Sabbat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richard Nixon

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Jimmy Carter

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Erich Honecker

• Benito Mussolini

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Golda Mayer

• Total voters
though not on the list, id have to say Saddam. you could go pretty deep into it, but he was basically a voracious nationalist who plunged a country with great potential for itself and the entire middle east into ruin.

One of the biggest mistakes I have ever made was hating Jimmy Carter. As an humanitarian, he is head and shoulders above many Presidents. I wish I would have realized this when he was in office.

I hold him in very high regard now.

Billo_Really said:
One of the biggest mistakes I have ever made was hating Jimmy Carter. As an humanitarian, he is head and shoulders above many Presidents. I wish I would have realized this when he was in office.

i wasnt around for Carter so i dont have very strong opinions about him either way as an overall person and president. what i will say is that, in an attempt to get the vote of California Republicans and rich ariculture figures, he made outright lies to the people of this state, started projects he didnt finish, and supported large-scale farming while opposing wildlife refuges. he was a primary contributor to the enormous water problem that costs CA billions of dollars and much conflict to this day. because of this a lot of people here on the west coast, democrat and republican, dont hold him in such high regard. ironically, the one president who has since shown genuine interest in solving the problem was George Bush Sr.

Last edited:
Most failed? How can anyone be more failed than Gorbachev - a man who failed cold war - the war of the XX cent.?:smile:

Billo_Really said:

If good intentions = success then JC is right up there with the UN. But back here in the real world we like to look at how intentions translate into results. Carter hasn't done as much damage as the UN and he built houses for the poor. Lets please just keep him out of politics like monitoring elections.

ddubb said:
If good intentions = success then JC is right up there with the UN. But back here in the real world we like to look at how intentions translate into results. Carter hasn't done as much damage as the UN and he built houses for the poor. Lets please just keep him out of politics like monitoring elections.

Carter on the appeaser path...

CARTER: Well, one parallel is that the Revolutionary War more than any other war until recently has been the most bloody war we’ve fought. I think another parallel is that in some ways the Revolutionary War could have been avoided. It was an unnecessary war. Had the British Parliament been a little more sensitive to the colonial’s really legitimate complaints and requests the war could have been avoided completely and of course now we would have been a free country now as is Canada and India and Australia, having gotten our independence in a non-violent way. I think in many ways the British were very misled in going to war against America and in trying to enforce their will on people who were quite different from them at the time.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6281513/

And this guy led our military for four years...We could've been invaded by Samoa...

Back
Top Bottom