• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Most Americans embarrassed by US response to coronavirus

Last edited:
What is proves is that Universal Healthcare isn't saving the lives for the cost associated with it. If I contract the virus I am happy I am in this country

WTF are you on about now? You accuse me of diverting, yet here you are, babbling about UHC? I wonder if 175,000 dead Americans and their families were also "happy" to be part of your Covid-19 explosion.
Please explain (since everything is "totally under control" according to Trump), why your rates of infection and death are the worst in the world, and climbing every day?

Last edited:
It's August? Well done. You'll also have noticed that the poll I posted was dated.....August.

And as usual you ignore the internals of those polls as well as the silent majority that refuses to be polled due to the passionate radicalism of liberalism destroying personal property. You are going to see that silent majority sick and tired of radical liberalism and destruction of personal property and failed law and order in liberal cities in this country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGBSbTeLrk0

WTF are you on about now? You accuse me of diverting, yet here you are, babbling about UHC? I wonder if 175,000 dead Americans and their families were also "happy" to be part of your Covid-19 explosion.
Please explain (since everything is "totally under control" according to Trump), why your rates of infection and death are the worst in the world, and climbing every day?

175000 in a country of 330,000,000 and a death to infection rate of 3.1%. Your country is 4 times that, that is a true embarrassment.

And as usual you ignore the internals of those polls as well as the silent majority that refuses to be polled due to the passionate radicalism of liberalism destroying personal property. You are going to see that silent majority sick and tired of radical liberalism and destruction of personal property and failed law and order in liberal cities in this country

5 minute compilation : 5-29-2020 RIOTS / PROTESTS - YouTube

What "internals"? I'm able to read Trump's embarrassing poll numbers just as well as you!:lol: If this nebulous "silent majority" you're so certain exists, where are your numbers for them and why are they silent if they're so pissed-off? Oh, I know, they're 'silent' so you don't know. Genius! I wish I was as bright as you.

Last edited:
You just love avoiding answering awkward questions don't you.

You obviously have no problem interfering in U.S. elections and politics while your own country is suffering trying to convince people how much you care about infections in this country. All you care about is promoting your liberal ideology by using pandemic economic results to blame on Trump. Calling for an economic shutdown gives you the numbers that you want to blame on Trump totally ignoring our Constitution and state and local responsibilities

What "internals"? I'm able to read Trump's embarrassing poll numbers just as well as you!:lol: If this "silent majority" you're so certain exists, where are your numbers for them and why are they silent if they're so pissed-off? Oh, I know, they're 'silent' so you don't know. Genius! I wish I was as bright as you.

the percentage of democrats, republicans and independents polled, the number of people who refused to answer. The only poll numbers that matter are those in November and your entire argument is anti Trump nothing pro Biden/Harris.

He didn't do it? Is that your excuse? The INTENT was there and clear to everyone but you, apparently. Trump is a clueless self-serving moron and the sooner he flies off to Mar-a-****ing-lago for the last time won't be a day too soon.

Trumpists think that you have to have exact wording in order to accuse someone of doing something. They dont understand subtext

Absolutely typical liberalism, why does that bother you so much? 176,000 deaths, 2.9 million recovered and still 2.6 million unaccounted for? where are those 2.6 million? Gloom, doom, misery as the reality is all you want are negative numbers to blame on the President, never the individual nor the governors of the top 7 liberal states with over 52% of those deaths

Why do deaths bother me, eh?

I wonder, could it be because I may end up being one of them and I do not want that to happen to me, or to any of my loved ones?

By the way, blame is a funny thing. I guess it was right to blame Obama for some of the ills of the U.S., but it is not right to blame Trump? and does that mean you do not hold anyone accountable for their decisions? If your neighbor decided to go and get drunk and he then hit your wife or one of your children with his car and killed them, you would not blame him or make him accountable for his actions?

I can't believe how you guys seem to be accepting the negatives that Trump brings but cry out loud and beat your drums when anyone else is to blame. According to this way of thinking, I guess the Democrats have done nothing wrong, right?

I wonder, could it be because I may end up being one of them and I do not want that to happen to me, or to any of my loved ones?

By the way, blame is a funny thing. I guess it was right to blame Obama for some of the ills of the U.S., but it is not right to blame Trump? and does that mean you do not hold anyone accountable for their decisions? If your neighbor decided to go and get drunk and he then hit your wife or one of your children, you would not blame him or make him accountable for his actions?

I can't believe how you guys seem to be accepting the negatives that Trump brings but cry out load and beat your drums when anyone else is to blame. According to this way of thinking, I guess the Democrats have done nothing wrong, right?

Because they don't, this is all about generating hatred for the President and diverting from the reality that those who died failed in their own personal responsibility issues. i don't recall Trump sending infected seniors back into their nursing homes? Blaming Trump is easy for the left who never accepts personal responsibility. This country wasn't built on placing blame but rather accepting responsibility, you need to retake a history course

Trump's negatives are manufactured by people who claim they wanted to stop the spread of the virus by shutting down the economy so they could then blame Trump for the economic numbers of high unemployment and declining GDP

You tell me how you end up being one of the dead if you wear a mask and practice social distancing?

By the way, blame is a funny thing. I guess it was right to blame Obama for some of the ills of the U.S., but it is not right to blame Trump? and does that mean you do not hold anyone accountable for their decisions? If your neighbor decided to go and get drunk and he then hit your wife or one of your children with his car and killed them, you would not blame him or make him accountable for his actions?

I can't believe how you guys seem to be accepting the negatives that Trump brings but cry out loud and beat your drums when anyone else is to blame. According to this way of thinking, I guess the Democrats have done nothing wrong, right?

Trump was the signal republicans just said **** it to even maintaining an ounce of responsibility

Because they don't, this is all about generating hatred for the President and diverting from the reality that those who died failed in their own personal responsibility issues. i don't recall Trump sending infected seniors back into their nursing homes? Blaming Trump is easy for the left who never accepts personal responsibility. This country wasn't built on placing blame but rather accepting responsibility, you need to retake a history course

Trump's negatives are manufactured by people who claim they wanted to stop the spread of the virus by shutting down the economy so they could then blame Trump for the economic numbers of high unemployment and declining GDP

You tell me how you end up being one of the dead if you wear a mask and practice social distancing?

Wow, I wonder what kind of an explanation you can come up with for the U.S. averaging over 1,000 deaths per day the last 6 weeks and Italy, Germany, and Spain averaging less that 20 deaths per day in each of their countries.

That must be manufactured news right? Trump haters killing Americans and blaming it on the virus just to make Trump look bad, and I correct?

Wow, I wonder what kind of an explanation you can come up with for the U.S. averaging over 1,000 deaths per day the last 6 weeks and Italy, Germany, and Spain averaging less that 20 deaths per day in each of their countries.

That must be manufactured news right? Trump haters killing Americans and blaming it on the virus just to make Trump look bad, and I correct?

I come up with the same explanation that you want to ignore 330000000 People live in this country, our infection rate 1.73%, our death to infections is 3.1% and our recovery rate is highest in the world so if you want to focus on infections why not focus on recoveries. Name for us another other country in the world with over 3 million recoveries and still 2.6 million recoveries not counted?

You simply cannot admit you just want the bad numbers to demonize Trump further, which is why you wanted the economy shutdown in the first place, to generate negative unemployment numbers.

Trump's handling of the virus.

Simple

Same republican plan for everything

The economy. Profits for the rich and corporations take president over human lives

We are expendable

Trump's handling of the virus.

Simple

Same republican plan for everything

The economy. Profits for the rich and corporations take president over human lives

We are expendable

Yes, another liberal response, let's shutdown the economy, cause massive unemployment and GDP losses so we can blame Trump!! How are things in your parents basement

I come up with the same explanation that you want to ignore 330000000 People live in this country, our infection rate 1.73%, our death to infections is 3.1% and our recovery rate is highest in the world so if you want to focus on infections why not focus on recoveries. Name for us another other country in the world with over 3 million recoveries and still 2.6 million recoveries not counted?

You simply cannot admit you just want the bad numbers to demonize Trump further, which is why you wanted the economy shutdown in the first place, to generate negative unemployment numbers.

You certainly can use whatever numbers make you feel better but the reality is very simple.

Everyone in the world got hit with the virus and given that were were supposed to be the best "prepared" for a pandemic prior to the virus, other places got hit much harder than we did. As such, the numbers you are using to explain away our response are correct but also useless.

The numbers that should be used are not the numbers that show all of the 6 months of the virus given that everyone got hit about the same time and we were always the ones better prepared. As such, it was expected we would show the best numbers. I have to say though, that the 3.1% death rate is certainly not the best. Many nations less prepared than we were are having lower percentage of deaths. What is important to not is our response to the virus "after" the initial hit and that means what is being shown not from the start but from about 3 months ago when the initial infections were supposed to subside.

We have not subsided and other "less prepared" countries have. That does not speak well of our president as it is on his shoulders how we address the pandemic. Here, the recent numbers are indicative. Can you explain how countries like Spain and Italy, that had very little previous preparations in place for a pandemic and got hit harder than we did at the beginning are not beating up by at least a 10-1 margin?

Moot question to you though. You have no desire to evaluate facts. Your only desire is to support your idol and facts and truths are not important to you. Well, in life everything is about benefits and consequences of decisions and right now those consequences keep mounting up and at some point, ignoring them in favor of your idol, will mean someone close to you, or even yourself, will die from the virus because of Trump's incompetence. I wonder if you will support him then!

Here is the perfect example of what will likely happen to you sometime in the future. A full Trump supporter that died of the virus because he believed Trump knew what he was doing.

If Trump has done so well perhaps you can explain why the US is currently Numero Uno in Coronavirus death and infection, globally? Maybe what he should have done instead of vacillating and electioneering which are evidently his top priorities, is follow the example of those nations who have actually managed to get the disease under control and are enjoying rapidly declining deaths and infections. Unlike Trump who has been consistently lying through his teeth. America emphatically does not have the virus under control.

Trump dissed coronavirus pandemic worry, now claims he warned about it

You always answer a question with question unrelated to the original? Obliviously you do not have an answer to the question posed so why bother posting? I know, you can't answer, so you figure you will toss in one of your standard Trump digs. Your post is ignored for failure to address the question.

You certainly can use whatever numbers make you feel better but the reality is very simple.

Everyone in the world got hit with the virus and given that were were supposed to be the best "prepared" for a pandemic prior to the virus, other places got hit much harder than we did. As such, the numbers you are using to explain away our response are correct but also useless.

The numbers that should be used are not the numbers that show all of the 6 months of the virus given that everyone got hit about the same time and we were always the ones better prepared. As such, it was expected we would show the best numbers. I have to say though, that the 3.1% death rate is certainly not the best. Many nations less prepared than we were are having lower percentage of deaths. What is important to not is our response to the virus "after" the initial hit and that means what is being shown not from the start but from about 3 months ago when the initial infections were supposed to subside.

We have not subsided and other "less prepared" countries have. That does not speak well of our president as it is on his shoulders how we address the pandemic. Here, the recent numbers are indicative. Can you explain how countries like Spain and Italy, that had very little previous preparations in place for a pandemic and got hit harder than we did at the beginning are not beating up by at least a 10-1 margin?

Moot question to you though. You have no desire to evaluate facts. Your only desire is to support your idol and facts and truths are not important to you. Well, in life everything is about benefits and consequences of decisions and right now those consequences keep mounting up and at some point, ignoring them in favor of your idol, will mean someone close to you, or even yourself, will die from the virus because of Trump's incompetence. I wonder if you will support him then!

Here is the perfect example of what will likely happen to you sometime in the future. A full Trump supporter that died of the virus because he believed Trump knew what he was doing.

Look there are 330,000,000 in this country, 5.7 million cases, 179,000 deaths, 2.9 million recoveries, what happened to the other 2.6 million? Where does personal responsibility lie in your world? you think that you are so brilliant and everyone else stupid? People make choices, why would anyone listen to someone else regarding personal responsibility issues? Why haven't you contracted the virus?

You enjoy promoting the negatives, enjoy using the pandemic numbers for personal political gain for whatever reason. Your passion against Trump is misguided and diverts from reality. You are going to find out in November which one of us is right, but can tell you right now, that anyone with such passionate hatred of the President doesn't have a lot of credibility. Your state and local gov't has more control over your life and choices than the President, they also have the ability to control personal actions in your state that the President doesn't have. You think the Governor or NY, NJ, California, Mass, Penn, Michigan, Ill were going to listen to Trump? Where is their responsibility in this crisis.

Shutting down the economy to stop the virus has given you what you really want, negative numbers to promote your ideology. You have nothing else and continue to divert from the Biden/Harris resume. What do they offer to make things better for you and your family?

It really is sickening, anti American to call Trump a murderer and to use grave site video to attack a sitting President. I believe the American people get it and see it everyday in the silent majority. You keep believing what the left tells you and keep losing national elections

Memorial Day Boat Parade Lake Havasu 2020 - YouTube

Look there are 330,000,000 in this country, 5.7 million cases, 179,000 deaths, 2.9 million recoveries, what happened to the other 2.6 million? Where does personal responsibility lie in your world? you think that you are so brilliant and everyone else stupid? People make choices, why would anyone listen to someone else regarding personal responsibility issues? Why haven't you contracted the virus?

You enjoy promoting the negatives, enjoy using the pandemic numbers for personal political gain for whatever reason. Your passion against Trump is misguided and diverts from reality. You are going to find out in November which one of us is right, but can tell you right now, that anyone with such passionate hatred of the President doesn't have a lot of credibility. Your state and local gov't has more control over your life and choices than the President, they also have the ability to control personal actions in your state that the President doesn't have. You think the Governor or NY, NJ, California, Mass, Penn, Michigan, Ill were going to listen to Trump? Where is their responsibility in this crisis.

Shutting down the economy to stop the virus has given you what you really want, negative numbers to promote your ideology. You have nothing else and continue to divert from the Biden/Harris resume. What do they offer to make things better for you and your family?

It really is sickening, anti American to call Trump a murderer and to use grave site video to attack a sitting President. I believe the American people get it and see it everyday in the silent majority. You keep believing what the left tells you and keep losing national elections

Memorial Day Boat Parade Lake Havasu 2020 - YouTube

You are always trying to excuse Trump, why? What has he done for you personally that you defend him so much?

My hate for Trump has been earned by his actions. My hate is not driven by feelings but by his actions.

Do you not have a set of values that you grew up with? that your parents installed in you? Do you not want the best running the country? the best running your state, your city? Do you not want capable and competent people involved in your life when you have to interact with others?

None of this is out of the ordinary. It is the norm. We all seek the best and not the worst. None of us want to settle for less if we do not have to.

In evaluating Trump, I see few things that he has accomplished. I see a person that stimulates anger and hate, stimulates dissension, stimulates racist feelings, stimulates negative and aggressive action. None of that brings about positive results. I was taught and have proven over my lifetime that positive feelings stimulates positive results and negative feelings stimulates negative results. Trump is all negative.

As such, this post and all the past ones in which you criticize me for my feelings toward Trump I see you as much of a problem to the nation as Trump, simply because you support all these negative things. I don't see you trying to solve problems but to have people accept them as a way of life.

I do not understand (and much less approve) of what you say and what you do. To me, it totally against what a person should be in life, which is to attempt to be the best he can be and be surrounded with others that are trying to do the same. Together and with desire and talent is how nations and people improve and do good things. The opposite is simply going back toward our ancestors who were neanderthals and all they worried about is survival and staying away from death. No improvement there.

I am sorry Conservative, but I believe you are a negative person that only wants what you want and do not care about anyone else.

Luckyone;1072499166]You are always trying to excuse Trump, why? What has he done for you personally that you defend him so much?

One, because I understand the role and responsibilities of the President thus the Constitution
Two, because of the pre pandemic results generated
Three, because of 3 /12 years of politics of personal destruction
Four, because of illogical passionate hatred over a President who has zero direct control over you or your family

My
hate for Trump has been earned by his actions. My hate is not driven by feelings but by his actions.

Wrong, you may not like some of the actions but hatred? Hatred comes from actions taken personally that have hurt you and your family. What would those be? What specifically in all those supposed lies has hurt you or your family or the country?

Do you not have a set of values that you grew up with? that your parents installed in you? Do you not want the best running the country? the best running your state, your city? Do you not want capable and competent people involved in your life when you have to interact with others?

Yes, I do indeed have the values that I was taught, personal responsibility and consequences for decisions I make, good or bad. I don't blame someone else for poor choices and if I get the virus I will blame myself certainly not the President of the United States or my governor. I don't happen to believe liberalism is the best to run our country, their entitlement mentality, failures in our cities around the country, failure to condemn rioting and looting, racial demands, and dependence creating policies aren't what is good for the country

House Dems vote against resolution condemns violence and rioting

None of this is out of the ordinary. It is the norm. We all seek the best and not the worst. None of us want to settle for less if we do not have to.

You control your own destiny not some politician in DC and certainly not the President of the United States who sets the standards with focus and creating incentive but not implementation of personal responsibility policies

Last edited:
In evaluating Trump, I see few things that he has accomplished. I see a person that stimulates anger and hate, stimulates dissension, stimulates racist feelings, stimulates negative and aggressive action. None of that brings about positive results. I was taught and have proven over my lifetime that positive feelings stimulates positive results and negative feelings stimulates negative results. Trump is all negative.

right and none of the actual results benefited you or your family i.e. the tax cuts that put money in your pockets, not the reduced regulations that allowed businesses to create 6.6 million jobs in 3 years, not the 900 billion dollars per year in GDP growth, not the record revenue generated by your state and local government due to consumer spending and sales/property tax revenue?

As such, this post and all the past ones in which you criticize me for my feelings toward Trump I see you as much of a problem to the nation as Trump, simply because you support all these negative things. I don't see you trying to solve problems but to have people accept them as a way of life.

If I am a problem then our Founders were a problem because they created a small central gov't with power at the state and local level, not a massive central gov't that tells people what to do on personal responsibility issues. Your entitlement mentality is your problem and you would willingly give up freedoms but only on issues that are of interest to you, certainly not the personal choice to murder 600,000 potential Americans each year through abortions

I do not understand (and much less approve) of what you say and what you do. To me, it totally against what a person should be in life, which is to attempt to be the best he can be and be surrounded with others that are trying to do the same. Together and with desire and talent is how nations and people improve and do good things. The opposite is simply going back toward our ancestors who were neanderthals and all they worried about is survival and staying away from death. No improvement there.

You think that it is the role of the President to give you what you think is important in life? what you think someone else should be is none of your concern. You control what you can control and stop trying to control others. If you do what CDC says you aren't going to contract the virus regardless of what someone else does or doesn't do. You seem someone without a mask stay away. How can the President control testing, social distancing, and force people to wear a mask? Businesses can do that and are

I am sorry Conservative, but I believe you are a negative person that only wants what you want and do not care about anyone else.

Me negative? You don't see me whining and complaining about actions that I cannot control. I celebrate success, I promote personal responsibility. If those are negative so be it, but that is the foundation upon which this country was built, equal opportunity, not equal outcome, and individual wealth creation not redistribution of wealth. No rich person has ever prevented from joining them nor do they care what you earn or pay in taxes

Trump

It will just go away

The health professionals are.just.wromg

Trump really just.doesn't even address it. Never even comes up in his briefings

No need to wear a mask.or social distance

Open up the country

Kids have got to go to school

What a.real president would have done

Leveled.with the American people.from the start. Told them what was.coming.
Listened to the.professionals and formed.a national plan.
A plan for health care professionals and hospitals. What they needed and how to get it
What we the people need to do to stay safe. Mask and social distancing. Avoiding.large groups.of.people.

Had there been a plan from the start a total lock down could have been avoided

We still don't have a plan. Now its really all up to us. That is why infections come in waves. People get scared and do the right things. Then things get better and people slack up and here it comes.again.

Yes, if the focus had been on targeting the virus early the situation today would surely have been much different. As it stands it seems that political bickering, libertarian snowflakes endlessly whining about 'rights' and point-scoring takes precedent over securing people's lives. One poster who shall remain nameless today stated that in his opinion Americans value their 'freedom' so much they would prefer to die than give it up. I'm assuming he refers to the minor inconvenience of having to wear a mask. 'Freedom' doesn't mean much when you're six feet under, as the families of 170,000+ dead Americans now know.

This, a thousand times this! :(

I don't understand how any U.S citizen would be embarrassed or apologetic to other countries while traveling, but there again, your poll said Democrats are nearly unanimous in saying they are more embarrassed than proud about the American response to the virus (93% embarrassed, 5% proud), while Republicans are mostly proud (61% say so vs. 33% who are embarrassed.

Btw, I think our president has done a good job, but saying this wouldn't necessarily make me say I am proud of his response. What does that mean anyway? Proud of his response? He'd have to cure it personally for me to proud of him.

Maybe he could have left out the part about the disinfectant and the infrared lights. That really made him look plain ignorant. And after all this time, there is still no coherent national plan to deal with the virus. Him and pence just think "It will go away like a miracle"

Both of them idiot boneheads.

Back
Top Bottom