• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Mormons(and all religions) - please educate me

OTHER RELIGIONS

How do your decisions get made to change your religion and or deem something not important

Well, when I lost faith with the Wiccan path, it was out of an overwhelming feeling that the religion boiled down to a tree-hugging feminist movement. It didn't have much for me. It's deities seemed plastic, it's traditions were a mish-mash of other religions, which undermined Wicca's identity.

Well, when I lost faith with the Wiccan path, it was out of an overwhelming feeling that the religion boiled down to a tree-hugging feminist movement. It didn't have much for me. It's deities seemed plastic, it's traditions were a mish-mash of other religions, which undermined Wicca's identity.

An ironic statement, given all the traditions and holiday placements of the Christian religion as compared to many early pagan religions.

An ironic statement, given all the traditions and holiday placements of the Christian religion as compared to many early pagan religions.

Not really ironic given that Christianity has a unique origin. The same is not true for my experience with Wicca. There's a difference between adapting to other cultures and being primarily composed of those other cultures you're missing.

I was already celebrating all those other traditions before I became a Christian anyway, so it's no skin of my noes.

Last edited:
Hello Mormons

please educate me. Im asking you personally because reading something on line does NOT necessarily do this. It still leaves it up to inturpretation and me filling in my own blanks and I believe thats the WRONG way to educate ones self on religion. For example I could read the bible and take everything literally but it would contridict itself and would not be accurate if I assumed all practiced that same way.

Anyway my questions is, and again forgive me of my ignorance, i do not know and thats why I am asking.

Up untill somewhere around 1977 it was basically a sin to be black and you couldnt practice the religion. Now you can practice if you are black, can even be a "higher-up" and you can go to heaven but in heaven you will be a servant.

is this anywhere near true or all made up?

if it is true how did the decision get made to do so?

OTHER RELIGIONS

How do your decisions get made to change your religion and or deem something not important

Here is a list of the 13 Articles of Faith that define the core beliefs of Mormons.

The black people not being able to practice came from a belief that the blacks were less valiant in the pre-mortal life, and so were born with a mark, which most of us recognize as racial characteristics. Around 1977, that was reversed, apparently because all of the less valiant souls had already been born, so the mark no longer was meaningful. Prior to that time, blacks could be Mormons, but couldn't hold the priesthood.

Back
Top Bottom