• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More women may be psychopaths than previously thought, says expert

And yet…it’s the men who are violent.
That might just be due to the nature of male female roles historically. Men are on average physically stronger so that had to shape roles. So, more a difference in the way the violence is expressed out of necessity. I’m not sure about scientific evidence for this but women also tend to hold anger longer than men. At least it’s a stereotype. I hung out with a pretty volatile crowd when I was younger. Fist fights were not uncommon between the men, but when it was over it was over and the next day they hung out.

Wow. They just now learned this? All those men with a crazy ex. are not delusional after all?
Yea men are violent, but women can be and are as violent as the men. The stupid ones strikes bigger males and find out sometimes, that some males do in fact reply in kind. FAFO I believe its called. The cartels have some stone cold killers in their bunch that aren't men.

A man will use physical violence while a woman will secretly plan out your death using Aqua Tofana.

I had a red headed girlfriend who was half Comanche, half Irish, raised by a Mexican family. Wee hoo.

Not really. If we look at gay couples versus lesbian couples there is very little domestic abuse between the gays and there is quite a bit between the lesbians.

In fact the domestic abuse rate is higher in lesbian couples then in straight couples. And it's higher in straight couples than it is in gay couples.

Seems like the presence of a woman increases the probability of violence.

Not really. If we look at gay couples versus lesbian couples there is very little domestic abuse between the gays and there is quite a bit between the lesbians.

In fact the domestic abuse rate is higher in lesbian couples then in straight couples. And it's higher in straight couples than it is in gay couples.

Seems like the presence of a woman increases the probability of violence.
Or that gay men are simply the least violent

Or that gay men are simply the least violent
But straight men are more violent why would that be?

What about lesbian couples? There's a higher percentage of domestic abuse in lesbian couples than there are in straight couples?

I think women are just as violent as men if not maybe a little more.

Always helps to read the subtitle.

So female psychopathy may be harder to spot, but male psychopathy is more common.

While the idea of psychopaths as violent, antisocial criminals has given way to a more nuanced view – with Boddy among those to argue they are often found in big business – the idea that they are mostly male has remained.

“The behaviour of female psychopaths seems to be subtle enough and less obvious than male psychopaths and therefore they’re not recognised as much,” Boddy said.

Reminds me of one article from a liberal outlet:

The examples given include Romney and Obama.

Nice deflection. (y) Care to address what I said?

Deflection? You mean the opposite. The quote came from the same article.

Meanwhile, the Atlantic article implies that the ailment is advantageous because it leads to effective leadership.

Back
Top Bottom