• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More Soviet nostalgia: now Comrade Putin nationalizes the economy

Frankly that's good. The Russian people are far too forgiving of Putin's dictatorial methods. Maybe if he goes further they will change their minds.

If Western sanctions damage the Russian economy, Putin can simply blame the West. But if he chooses to literally own the problem ...

The Russian government subsequently seized Antipov’s steel plants — which authorities claim work closely with defense contractors — in the Chelyabinsk region, arguing that they were illegally privatized after the collapse of the U.S.S.R.

The collapse of the USSR occurred 33 years ago. That is simply an excuse/justification to steal property.

Russian officials have done the exact same in the occupied Crimea, Luhansk, and Donetsk areas of Ukraine.

Below: Former McDonalds outlet in occupied Donetsk that was stolen and renamed 'DonMac' by corrupt occupation officials.....

iu

I am not sure what is the beef here. You like Oligarchs? Is the west not also seizing assets of Russian Oligarchs?

The Russian oligarchs support Putin's war of aggression in Ukraine.

They deserve no sympathy (or hiding places for their billions) from the West.

The Russian oligarchs support Putin's war of aggression in Ukraine.

They deserve no sympathy (or hiding places for their billions) from the West.

So what's the beef then? The op appears to be chastising Russia for seizing assets of oligarchs. Should Putin not seize them?

My entire life all I've heard is Republicans complain about the evil commies and damn if the first time a Russian president tries to go all commie on the world a bunch of Republicans have his back.

It's insane.

My entire life all I've heard is Republicans complain about the evil commies and damn if the first time a Russian president tries to go all commie on the world a bunch of Republicans have his back.

It's insane.

Times change. Democrats have taken up that task. So, overall, things are the same.

Times change. Democrats have taken up that task. So, overall, things are the same.
Well, except Republicans continue to use the word commie as a derogatory term toward other people. So they supposedly hate you guys too.

it all makes sense doesn't it?...

Back
Top Bottom