• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More on the National debt

ricksfolly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
We're told by politicians that the rising National Debt will be a burden on our children. Not so. Government debt and has nothing to do with with the people, no matter how much it rises. There might be a trickle down effect, but only on government contractors.

Proving once again that politicians can't be trusted, especially when it's about economics.

ricksfolly

We're told by politicians that the rising National Debt will be a burden on our children. Not so. Government debt and has nothing to do with with the people, no matter how much it rises. There might be a trickle down effect, but only on government contractors.

Proving once again that politicians can't be trusted, especially when it's about economics.

ricksfolly

Sounds like your saying that none, zero, nada, zip of our tax dollars, and none of the tax dollars of our children or grandchildren, will go to help pay the interest on our national debt. Do I have that right?

Sounds like your saying that none, zero, nada, zip of our tax dollars, and none of the tax dollars of our children or grandchildren, will go to help pay the interest on our national debt. Do I have that right?
I think he's saying that we should have the govt hire contractors to carry the national debt around, (with heavy equipment most likely), so that our descendants won't have to get bad backs and stuff from bearing the burden themselves.
It's really a brilliant and, in hindsight, an obvious solution. I surprised no one has thought of it before.
He does express concern that some of the debt might leak and trickle down on our descendants, but it will only get on the ones who might be working as govt contractors.

Only on the interest, nothing on the principal.

To put it in perspective... Interest paid on the National debt in 2010 was 11.5 percent of the budget total outlay, in 1998 it was 22 percent.

ricksfolly

To put it in perspective... Interest paid on the National debt in 2010 was 11.5 percent of the budget total outlay, in 1998 it was 22 percent.

ricksfolly

There are liars, there are damn liars and there are statisticians.

How about re-focusing your perspective. What was the percentage of interest paid in 2010 based off of 1998 outlays?

ricksfolly

Somewhere, somehow, someone will have to begin repaying the principal. It may be many years, given the Obama budget and CBO projections of our deficit, but eventually someone will have to pay.

Back
Top Bottom