• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More on the militarisation of the civilian police

Oh no not at all. Just tired of pointing you in the right direction. It went south back when you brought bomb making into this when it had no connection redbull.

I'm saying that police need to have more options available to them then they did then, because people have more options available to them. Do you disagree?

What options do they have now they didn't have then? The Anarchists Cookbook has been around since at least the early 70's and at least one kid in every highschool in America had or had access to it. You mentioned bombs... The Weather Underground was blowing things up in the sixties, dynamite has been around forever and far easier to get then, bazookas, hand grenades, automatic weapons, nitro, pressure cookers, pipe bombs, etc.

Exactly what "options" are available now that weren't then?

What options do they have now they didn't have then? The Anarchists Cookbook has been around since at least the early 70's and at least one kid in every highschool in America had or had access to it. You mentioned bombs... The Weather Underground was blowing things up in the sixties, dynamite has been around forever and far easier to get then, bazookas, hand grenades, automatic weapons, nitro, pressure cookers, pipe bombs, etc.

Exactly what "options" are available now that weren't then?

The internet.

The quite South County street was CRAWLING with SWAT personel, an unnerving situation that turned out to be just the routine business of serving a warrant. And people find this defensible.

Funny... That was my thought too

Yeah, I know. I was mocking you for thinking the internet didn't change people's access to information. Aren't you a conspiracy theorist? Why not go back to your thread there, too? I'll quote one of your posts, let's see how it goes.

Yeah, I know. I was mocking you for thinking the internet didn't change people's access to information. Aren't you a conspiracy theorist? Why not go back to your thread there, too? I'll quote one of your posts, let's see how it goes.

What does questioning the official story of 9/11 have to do with making homemade bombs? Oh that's right... it's the indoctrinated FOX tactic of labeling someone off topic to discredit everything they say in front of your choir.

You really think people are so stupid they need to be told how to build an explosive device? Use a semi-automatic? When you start desperately grasping at straws like this, it's evident that you've lost the debate.

Thanks for playing

What does questioning the official story of 9/11 have to do with making homemade bombs?
It has to do with your belief system.

Oh that's right... it's the indoctrinated FOX tactic of labeling someone off topic to discredit everything they say in front of your choir.

You didn't know how the internet affected people's access to information: there's nothing I can say to discredit you more.

You really think people are so stupid they need to be told how to build an explosive device? Use a semi-automatic? When you start desperately grasping at straws like this, it's evident that you've lost the debate.

hahahahahahahahah

Thanks for playing

You're great. Never stop posting.

It has to do with your belief system.

I don't operate on belief systems... I operate on facts. The fact about 9-11 is the gov't (Bush admin) has told more lies than truths, the commission was a put up job and a sham (testimony given with no record, no oath, no witnesses), and has been unable to explain any of the serious outstanding questions surrounding those events. Furthermore, it is a fact that to be a patriot, a student of the founding patrios (fathers) you must always question your gov't in the absence of evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.

That you are a lapdog to your right wing media heroes and utterly fail to question any motives of those in your ideological sphere says more about your belief systems than mine.

You didn't know how the internet affected people's access to information: there's nothing I can say to discredit you more.

Of course I do... that's ridiculous. You stated that people have more options now. The FACT is, they have always had those options. FAIL If you wish to change horses in mid argument and claim it's not about options and about access to info without acknowledging those options have always been there... you are flailing and twisting.

I don't operate on belief systems... I operate on facts.

No you don't.

That you are a lapdog to your right wing media heroes and utterly fail to question any motives of those in your ideological sphere says more about your belief systems than mine.

I voted for Obama twice. lol wtf

Of course I do... that's ridiculous. You stated that people have more options now. The FACT is, they have always had those options. FAIL If you wish to change horses in mid argument and claim it's not about options and about access to info without acknowledging those options have always been there... you are flailing and twisting.

So having access to more information doesn't increase options? Are you drunk?

No you don't.

Trying to impress your opinions and labels as fact is freaking hilarious!

I voted for Obama twice. lol wtf
You did? That's really rather shocking! Just more proof I have more sense than you.

So having access to more information doesn't increase options? Are you drunk?

I don't drink. Nor do I get drunk on media hyperbole, as I don't watch or own a TV

And no, the internet has not provided "more" information.. it has made it easier for lazy intellects and idiots like you to access it, but that info has always been freely available. It's called a library. It's what smart people used before the internet. And no... it doesn't increase options. I don't need the internet to buy gun powder, nor guns, nor pipes, pressure cookers, Anarchist's Cookbooks, fireworks, phosphorus, alarm clocks, det chord, dynamite, etc.

Again, you are flailing.

Lastly, I'm not into pissing contests... I prefer mature, intellectual debate. if you can't make a single post without emulating your media heroes tactics of personal attacks on your opposition and deal strictly with the facts, you're an intellectual fraud and a bottom feeder debater.

Calling it a night, my work here is done.

Trying to impress your opinions and labels as fact is freaking hilarious!

Isn't that what you just did? Is it funny when you do it, too?

You did? That's really rather shocking! Just more proof I have more sense than you.

Is it? Or is it proof you just talked out of your ass when you said I took my queue from right wing heroes? Do you think you can admit when you say ridiculously dumb things, or no?

I don't drink. Nor do I get drunk on media hyperbole, as I don't watch or own a TV

That's great.

And no, the internet has not provided "more" information.. it has made it easier for lazy intellects and idiots like you to access it, but that info has always been freely available. It's called a library. It's what smart people used before the internet.

So it makes it easier to get information.

And no... it doesn't increase options. I don't need the internet to buy gun powder, nor guns, nor pipes, pressure cookers, Anarchist's Cookbooks, fireworks, phosphorus, alarm clocks, det chord, dynamite, etc.

But it doesn't increase the options to get that information.

Again, you are flailing.

Your points don't even make sense.

Lastly, I'm not into pissing contests... I prefer mature, intellectual debate.

I don't care what you like.

if you can't make a single post without emulating your media heroes tactics of personal attacks on your opposition and deal strictly with the facts, you're an intellectual fraud and a bottom feeder debater.

Stop talking. What you're saying is idiotic.

Calling it a night, my work here is done.

Did you get paid for it? I'd assume no. I don't think anyone would pay for what you just did.

Back
Top Bottom