• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More guns = More death?

Now you don't even understand the difference between attacking an elk with a knife or shooting it with a long rifle?

You need your guns taken away. Immediately.

Trying to deflect from the "defenseless animals" bit of babble?

Apparently, you think personal attacks are good for that.

It's actually more connected to criminal Enterprise. Ordinary lawful gun owners are not the ones doing any of this.

Why not instead of worrying about the guns that you can't do anything about don't worry about the criminals.
Because they aren’t very smart people.

Right. More people equal more death.

Gun Nut Logic.
Homicide rate is 40% lower despite adding over 270 million firearms since we began tracking that data. Which was 1986. the claim “more guns = more homicides” is demonstrably false.

We lock up more of our citizens than any other first-world country already. Easy access to guns is more of a cause than not locking up damn near everyone.
You don’t have to lock up everyone JUST the ones committing the violent crime. If over 60 percent of current violent crime is caused by recidivists then simply keeping them in jail cuts VC by more than half. A small minority and not even close to damn near everyone is causing our problem.

What training is required to own autos or drugs?
There is driver’s ed in schools, and there are driver’s tests. traffic rules, etc.
It's almost baffling why you guys keep repeating this nonsense.
As to drugs, for some of them one needs a prescription, usually obtained from a trained health professional and a trained pharmacist.

There is driver’s ed in schools, and there are driver’s tests. traffic rules, etc.

As to drugs, for some of them one needs a prescription, usually obtained from a trained health professional and a trained pharmacist.

Maybe you didn't understand the question. Read it again.

none of these are required to purchase or own an auto.

No they get pissed and run someone over with it.

Derrell Brooks is a fine example of a crime motor vehicle. This Democrat used his to mow down innocents at a Christmas parade. They are just as dead as if he would have used a gun. So easy the all he had to do was press down on his right foot and steer. Killed 6 and wounded dozens almost instantly.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/11/16/us/darrell-brooks-waukesha-sentencing
Yet will all the millions of cars on the road such events are extremely rare while on the other had someone is murdered with a gun every 4 minutes in the US.

But to drive it home, yes.

Has nothing to do with ownership. I don't know why you think an irrelevant response is adequate. Also, it's like you never stop to consider that one doesn't even have to leave home to buy and own a car.

Nope. You can have it shipped or towed home. Lol

You can have the seller bring it to you, and buy it at your house.

But it's just an attempt to conflate ownership of a car with use of public highways.

Has nothing to do with ownership. I don't know why you think an irrelevant response is adequate. Also, it's like you never stop to consider that one doesn't even have to leave home to buy and own a car.
So the analogy isn’t perfect. My point that guns are dangerous if used irresponsibly or out of ignorance, and that similar, free societies have imposed regulations on their possession and use, similar to regulations imposed on autos, drugs, power tools, whatever, with no signs of less freedom in those societies. We are exceptional by comparison in the number of guns in circulation and the number of gun deaths. So continue to deny that reality if you will. IMHO we have the delusion of greater freedom and the reality of more carnage. And it didn’t used to be this way in the US. Gun control was accepted, even by the NRA. As I and others have put it, there was more gun control in Tombstone when the gunfight at the OK corral occurred than there is now.

So the analogy isn’t perfect.

The analogy ain't shit.
My point that guns are dangerous if used irresponsibly or out of ignorance, and that similar, free societies have imposed regulations on their possession and use, similar to regulations imposed on autos, drugs, power tools, whatever, with no signs of less freedom in those societies. We are exceptional by comparison in the number of guns in circulation and the number of gun deaths. So continue to deny that reality if you will. IMHO we have the delusion of greater freedom and the reality of more carnage. And it didn’t used to be this way in the US. Gun control was accepted, even by the NRA. As I and others have put it, there was more gun control in Tombstone when the gunfight at the OK corral occurred than there is now.

Blah blah...repeat the false claim and then on to previously refuted talking points, eh?

The analogy ain't shit.

Blah blah...repeat the false claim and then on to previously refuted talking points, eh?
Just curious......why are you always so childishly rude?

Just curious......why are you always so childishly rude?

I think it's rude to just repeat a claim (for about the twentieth time) that I took the time to politely refute. Many times.

I think it's rude to just repeat a claim (for about the twentieth time) that I took the time to politely refute. Many times.
Well......all of your conversations that I have read seem involve you being childishly rude.

Ever consider adult conversation?

Do you talk to people like that face to face?

I doubt it.

Well......all of your conversations that I have read seem involve you being childishly rude.

Ever consider adult conversation?

Do you talk to people like that face to face?

I doubt it.

I would rather you address my arguments with sound argumentation of your own. Instead of speculating on my personal life and ruminating on what you see as flaws in my character.

Back
Top Bottom