• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Monthly Retainers and Million Dollar Wire Transfers.

I looked, and you didn't make a post about the subject of the thread. Just your usual whining about what people say about Trump.

Anything to say on the topic? Or just want to post about Trump?
LOL I knew it, the moment Trump is mentioned, you immediately get hot and bothered. Are you dreaming about the orange man again? :ROFLMAO:

Who here voted for James Biden?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Grassley (the CBS source) has had these bank records for over TWO YEARS... Why did he decide to release them now?

I don't know.

Why was the Hunter Lap suddenly given coverage in the media?

BOTH stories are about two years old.

What was going on two years ago that might have restrained blindly partisan Democrat Party advocates from covering stories that might have hurt the chances of Biden getting elected?

"If this is true, what else must be true?"

I don't know.

What was going on two years ago that might have restrained blindly partisan Democrat Party advocates from covering stories that might have hurt the chances of Biden getting elected?

Grassley is a US senator and go to the floor of the senate and get all the visibility he needs like he did in THIS exact circumstance.

CBS News has also learned more than 150 financial transactions involving either Hunter or James Biden's global business affairs were flagged as concerning by U.S. banks for further review. Some of those concerns included large wire transfers.

They almost always involve large wire transfers, particularly if it's from an overseas account into a domestic account. There are also financial forms that have to be filled out every year no later than October 15 if a person has overseas bank accounts. None of this is a sign of criminal activity; it's just that it gets reported and investigators look into it if gets flagged for some reason.

The Bidens have made no secret about the fact that they do international consulting, which inevitably involves financial transfers between foreign and US accounts. So there are inevitably going to be transactions that trigger investigations. US banks themselves are required to report anything that merely appears to be suspicious. The reporting is often done because banks can get into trouble if they don't report it. None of this necessarily evidence of a crime. In fact, if there were crimes committed, then federal agencies *probably* would have long ago conducted criminal investigations.

Such banking reviews could point to deeper problems — or they could prove innocuous. Information shared with CBS News does not indicate the outcome of the banking reviews.

Yep, see my comments above. If CBS had done their homework, they could have asked a few more questions, like how long ago these transactions were flagged? The bankers are required to report evidence of crimes if they see it, but any officially flagged transaction is also automatically reported to the feds (DHS, I believe - maybe the Treasury Dept as well). If CBS had done their job, they could have added these details.

Federal officials have confirmed that Hunter Biden is the focus of an ongoing investigation out of the U.S. attorney's office in Delaware. The probe is centered on tax and other financial issues. A 2019 federal subpoena obtained by CBS News shows the criminal probe in Delaware has sought Hunter and James Bidens' bank records dating back to 2014, when Joe Biden was vice president.
<snip>

I suspect they're looking to see if Hunter dodged or underpaid taxes and whether he's got money stashed away in accounts nobody knows about. As I've said previously, I think tax evasion is probably the biggest potential charge coming out this. Either that or whether Hunter properly registered and reported his overseas dealings.

I don't know.

That explains it, then. As I said, those types of transactions are automatically reported, often because there are certain automated triggers that financial institutions are required to have in place. If there was criminal activity, there likely would have been a criminal investigation. That there wasn't leads me to believe people looked into it, asked Hunter Biden 'What's this?' He then explained it and people were satisfied with those explanations.

It's too bad that reporters can't follow up and follow up with some basic questions and answers that any high school freshman writing for their school newspaper would think to ask.

I don't know.

Or what is coming up now that would help the Republican party to IMPLY there is a scandal involving the bidens? Coming up in November.

Grassley is a US senator and go to the floor of the senate and get all the visibility he needs like he did in THIS exact circumstance.

Could be that he is only throwing the outlandishly biased editorial practices of the leftist controlled media outlets in the faces of the leftists.

Now that the leftist controlled media outlets are reporting on this two year old story, the one they suppressed when it should have been reported, the story STILL highlights the scumbag it concerns.

NOW it also highlights the scumbags who suppressed it.

The first sentence in your link depicts his outrage at this particular coverup from the Democrats party and their willing dupes in the media.:

"Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) said his Democratic colleagues ought to be "ashamed of themselves" for calling Hunter Biden's laptop "Russian disinformation" and criticizing him for an inquiry into the president's son's banking activity."

Last edited:
They almost always involve large wire transfers, particularly if it's from an overseas account into a domestic account. There are also financial forms that have to be filled out every year no later than October 15 if a person has overseas bank accounts. None of this is a sign of criminal activity; it's just that it gets reported and investigators look into it if gets flagged for some reason.

The Bidens have made no secret about the fact that they do international consulting, which inevitably involves financial transfers between foreign and US accounts. So there are inevitably going to be transactions that trigger investigations. US banks themselves are required to report anything that merely appears to be suspicious. The reporting is often done because banks can get into trouble if they don't report it. None of this necessarily evidence of a crime. In fact, if there were crimes committed, then federal agencies *probably* would have long ago conducted criminal investigations.

Yep, see my comments above. If CBS had done their homework, they could have asked a few more questions, like how long ago these transactions were flagged? The bankers are required to report evidence of crimes if they see it, but any officially flagged transaction is also automatically reported to the feds (DHS, I believe - maybe the Treasury Dept as well). If CBS had done their job, they could have added these details.

I suspect they're looking to see if Hunter dodged or underpaid taxes and whether he's got money stashed away in accounts nobody knows about. As I've said previously, I think tax evasion is probably the biggest potential charge coming out this. Either that or whether Hunter properly registered and reported his overseas dealings.

Regarding the highlight:

There are two concerning factors that attract the attention of investigators for any transaction in general and for these in particular.:

Velocity
Layering

Velocity means that the money enters and leaves an account quickly. The money, large sums of it, are in and out of particular accounts within the same day. Round hundreds of thousands in and the same amount out again fast.

Layering points to the several accounts used to move the money through to hide the source and the eventual destination of the big amounts of round number monies being moved.

When money comes into and leaves accounts in smaller and more exact amounts, like a typical checking account using one example, it fits a standard use of accounts.

When the huge, round sums of money move through various accounts displaying "Layering" and "Velocity", it attracts attention.

I understand that money is money. However, like crap, when it is where it should be and moves as it should move, there is no concern.

Finding money or crap deposited where it is NOT supposed to be and moving as it is not supposed to move attracts attention.

We'll see what comes of this.

That explains it, then. As I said, those types of transactions are automatically reported, often because there are certain automated triggers that financial institutions are required to have in place. If there was criminal activity, there likely would have been a criminal investigation. That there wasn't leads me to believe people looked into it, asked Hunter Biden 'What's this?' He then explained it and people were satisfied with those explanations.

It's too bad that reporters can't follow up and follow up with some basic questions and answers that any high school freshman writing for their school newspaper would think to ask.

As it happens, Hunter Biden is under Criminal Investigation.

The story was reported in December, 2020. The investigation is ongoing in Delaware and now is, apparently, also going on in Arkansas.

Your IF-THEN requirement seems to have been fulfilled.

<snip>
The Arkansas woman who had a child by Hunter Biden out of wedlock recently testified to a federal grand jury in Delaware as part of a criminal tax probe of the son of President Joe Biden, her lawyer confirmed Thursday.

Clint Lancaster, the attorney for the mother, Lunden Alexis Roberts, also told CNBC that he previously handed over “a significant amount of Hunter’s financial records” to federal investigators to comply with a subpoena for those files.
<snip>

The story was reported in December, 2020. The investigation is ongoing in Delaware and now is, apparently, also going on in Arkansas.

<snip>
The Arkansas woman who had a child by Hunter Biden out of wedlock recently testified to a federal grand jury in Delaware as part of a criminal tax probe of the son of President Joe Biden, her lawyer confirmed Thursday.

Clint Lancaster, the attorney for the mother, Lunden Alexis Roberts, also told CNBC that he previously handed over “a significant amount of Hunter’s financial records” to federal investigators to comply with a subpoena for those files.
<snip>

It's fairly common news he's under a criminal investigation. I was referring to the specific records in question, which were from quite some time ago.

I think Hunter's business dealings are questionable - have felt that for some time. It's a matter of degree, in my view. What did he do? What is he guilty of? He may be guilty of a major conspiracy, or absolutely nothing, or something in between. If I had to guess, my hunch is that he might get charged with something in between, which may or may not rise to the level of a criminal offense.

The story was reported in December 2020. The investigation is ongoing in Delaware and now is, apparently, also going on in Arkansas.

<snip>

<snip>
The woman who testified is from Arkansas. The prosecutor is based in Deleware but this is a Federal Investigation not a State investigation. People and information and witnesses from any State, or country for that matter. There is no investigation going on in Arkansas.

It's fairly common news he's under a criminal investigation. I was referring to the specific records in question, which were from quite some time ago.

I think Hunter's business dealings are questionable - have felt that for some time. It's a matter of degree, in my view. What did he do? What is he guilty of? He may be guilty of a major conspiracy, or absolutely nothing, or something in between. If I had to guess, my hunch is that he might get charged with something in between, which may or may not rise to the level of a criminal offense.

What this coke snorting whore monger did was sell access to the VP of the United States.

Might be provable in court, and maybe not. The court of public opinion sometimes returns a different verdict than a criminal trial.

OJ was pronounced "Not Guilty".

The 2022 Elections will be interesting.

What this coke snorting whore monger did was sell access to the VP of the United States.

Might be provable in court, and maybe not. The court of public opinion sometimes returns a different verdict than a criminal trial.

OJ was pronounced "Not Guilty".

The 2022 Elections will be interesting.
Then dont vote for hunter

The woman who testified is from Arkansas. The prosecutor is based in Deleware but this is a Federal Investigation not a State investigation. People and information and witnesses from any State, or country for that matter. There is no investigation going on in Arkansas.

You present a distinction without a difference.

The investigation that you say is not going on in Arkansas is also being conducted in Arkansas.

Back
Top Bottom