• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Monkey Guru thread.

teacher

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Nomad.Got a couch,beer,meat,cute daughters,Batman
Political Leaning
Conservative
Well, the title, at least, guarantees that some will come check out this thread. Monkey is in the title. And I've pretty well established that monkeys are a universal attraction. This fact is not open to debate!

I reposted my first thread the other day. Made me think. I joined this site almost immediately after finnaly getting online about a year ago. I was as virgin to the net as they come when I first posted here. I knew not what the terms troll, flaming, IMO, LMFAO, and so on meant. This thread may die. No biggie. Here's the deal.

Members of Guru status ONLY can post. Ever seen the Tom Hanks SNL skit when he was there for the fifth time and got to join the five timers club? Something like that. Seasoned veterans only need apply. Rule breakers should be smacked well and hard right away, by all, with extreme prejudice. Post your very first thread. Tell us how your internet savvy may or may not have grown. What you have learned in debating, how your style has or has not changed. What prompted that change. Expect and rejoice in incoming smack. Comment on what made you make that first post. Looking back would you have made that your first post? I expect to see some self smacking here. What have you learned? What are your logging on habits? Do you come in the door and rush to the keyboard, or do you do all your chores before allowing this indulgence? Is this an indulgence? In other words, expose yourselves. I think that those of character will do so. And the wannabe players will play their pathetic "I've got them fooled" dance.

Have I explained this sufficiently? Do you understand what I'm going for here? Is this a decent idea?

If someone knows how to find that first post, that would be nice, tell us how. This is a veterans only thread. If you are not of Guru status and you post here, you're just a dick.

Attachments

• My guys 001.jpg
    My guys 001.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1
Originally Posted by teacher
Simple, to some of us at least. We will never be able to kill all the fanatics, they breed more and go on with the brain washing as children. We can't defend against someone willing to kill themselves. We have to change their entire culture. It will take generations. We do that by giving them freedom. The women can now read. And work. And vote. And teach and learn and run for office. If you ask me even without 9/11 liberating Iraq is worth it just for those poor women alone. Now the rest of the enslaved Arab countries look to Iraq and Afghanistan and see hope. It will take time. Just talk to a soldier over there and listen how they say the women and children love them. Of course the men are pissed and fighting. We freed there women and took away their savage dominance over half their own population. They will also think twice about attacking us again because they know we'll take over their whole country. Simple.

So that's my first thread, I think. Actually, I'm quite proud of it. I've stuck to this, my mantra here at DP, if you will. If there is responce to this thread, I'll go more into how I have changed my M.O. For now, I try to add to my onscreen persona, keep it fresh, add new ideas, new features, a different way to look at and enjoy tired old topics. This thread is just such an attempt. I like this site, I consciously try, in my limited fashion, to grow the support for this place. To give, maybe, one or two people a reason to come here. If this thread gets it, I'll go into to the science of smack. How I've changed in my style. Dealing with other members. How you vary your posts from member to member. There is a lot here, I think so anyway. I'm looking for the same from you old farts. I'm looking for smart posts by smart people.

presentation19dc.jpg

I'm not sure exactly if this was my first post, but I posted it on the day I joined....and I just got tired of searching.....wish I could find my old scraps with Fantasea.....

What was your favorite slogan used by one side against another this election

Abstinence 2004 - No Bush, No Dick

hope this doesn't infringe on the no sexual content policy...but it was a real slogan, I swear.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=2590&postcount=3

Why I made this first post should be fairly obvious - that slogan ****ing rocks!

My internet savvy has not grown considerably. I still don't know what most terms and acronyms mean.

My debating style has changed in that I am not nearly as pissed off as I was last year after the election. And my stance on many issues have modified as a result of debating here. I attribute this to a fairly well-functioning cerebral system that likes to weigh and measure without an excess of pre-existing prejudice. I question my own views alot.

Generally, I check into the site throughout the day at work, and when I get home, I change my clothes, figure out what we're gonna do for supper and log on shortly after....checking in while I'm cooking, cleaning, mommying, etc. I don't see it as an indulgence at all. Just what I choose to do with a good bit of my own time. It's free, I can do it at home and be with my kids. It's a great thing for those of us with no social life - whether you want one or not, lol. And I don't know about anyone else, but people who want to discuss politics in my workaday life - outside of my family - are few and far between.

Originally posted by mixedmedia:
Why I made this first post should be fairly obvious - that slogan ****ing rocks!

My internet savvy has not grown considerably. I still don't know what most terms and acronyms mean.

My debating style has changed in that I am not nearly as pissed off as I was last year after the election. And my stance on many issues have modified as a result of debating here. I attribute this to a fairly well-functioning cerebral system that likes to weigh and measure without an excess of pre-existing prejudice. I question my own views alot.

Generally, I check into the site throughout the day at work, and when I get home, I change my clothes, figure out what we're gonna do for supper and log on shortly after....checking in while I'm cooking, cleaning, mommying, etc. I don't see it as an indulgence at all. Just what I choose to do with a good bit of my own time. It's free, I can do it at home and be with my kids. It's a great thing for those of us with no social life - whether you want one or not, lol. And I don't know about anyone else, but people who want to discuss politics in my workaday life - outside of my family - are few and far between
What the f_ck does this have to do with monkeys?

Billo_Really said:
What the f_ck does this have to do with monkeys?
Just as much as your pic did. Those are apes not monkeys.

I read teacher's instructions and posted accordingly, monkeyman.

Originally posted by mixedmedia:
Just as much as your pic did. Those are apes not monkeys.

I read teacher's instructions and posted accordingly, monkeyman.
There are instructions with monkey's? Good day, sir!

Back
Top Bottom