• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mom insisted there was no point in 'putting myself down' after allegedly killing her 3-year-old in botched exorcism

On Tuesday, The Daily Beast reported that a three-year-old girl in California was fatally asphyxiated in a church exorcism gone wrong — and that her mother, now facing criminal charges, has not exactly expressed grief over what happened.

"In a video posted to YouTube on Jan. 27, 2022 and unearthed by The Daily Beast, Claudia Elisia Hernandez Santos, 25, told viewers, 'Like, I could sit here and be negative… be sad about the whole situation that she passed away, but it’s like, there’s no point, you know, because it is what it is. It is what it is. You know, she’s not here with me, it is what it is, you know? And it’s like, what’s the point, you know? I’m just gonna be… putting myself down when there’s no point for me to do that, you know? Like, I cannot change the past,'" reported Justin Rohrlich.

Hernandez now faces a charge of assault on a child with force likely to produce great bodily injury resulting in death.

"The charges against Hernandez can be traced back to Sept. 24, 2021, when Hernandez called police shortly after 8 p.m. to report that her daughter was dead," said the report. "When cops arrived at the Iglesia Apostoles y Profetas church, which is run out of a private home in San Jose, they found little Arely unconscious on the floor, states the affidavit, which was first obtained by the NBC Bay Area Investigative Unit. After attempting 'life-saving measures,' Arely was pronounced dead at an area hospital about 45 minutes later, the affidavit says."

According to the report, autopsy found she had died due to suffocation. Under the observation of the pastor, Arely's maternal grandfather, Hernandez allegedly forced her finger down the child's throat and squeezed her neck in an attempt to induce vomiting, as part of the procedure to expel an evil spirit.

snip
Religion is dangerous.

Ceded to the people. I don't think you understand the Constitution. Just because a 'right' isn't specifically mentioned doesn't mean that right doesn't exist.

I understand it just fine. I think you don't understand the point of my comment, and I'm fine with that.

I understand it just fine. I think you don't understand the point of my comment, and I'm fine with that.
I think the point of you're making is that the government should prohibit parents from teaching their children about a religion. There's no way that is not protected by the 1st.

I'm very worried that the imaginary ruler of hell pulled the blanket over my eyes.

I hope he didn't fart.
Satan does not rule hell...right now he is roaming the earth, causing chaos...and doing a bang up job...

I think the point of you're making is that the government should prohibit parents from teaching their children about a religion. There's no way that is not protected by the 1st.

I rest my case.

Satan does not rule hell...right now he is roaming the earth, causing chaos...and doing a bang up job...
Wait, I've heard this story...
watched that show Lucifer on Netflix. What a hottie that guy is.

Wait, I've heard this story...
watched that show Lucifer on Netflix. What a hottie that guy is.
Lucifer is not Satan, either...Lucifer, in the Bible, refers to the Babylonian dynasty, namely King Nebuchadnezzar...

Religion will do that to some
religion is what the butler pretending to be a Priest said in Trading Places (and I paraphrase). Religion is like whiskey-a sip or two warms the soul but too much rots the brain

Btw we have a fake priest around here who can probably cast out any demons for you. But sometimes he excommunicates people (@NewfieMom) so there's that. But it is what it is.
How do we know he is fake-did his exorcisms fail to cast out the demons? ;)

The First Amendment doesn't say anything specifically about indoctrinating your children into your religion.
the federal government doesn't have much room in this area. Now harming a child is going to run afoul of state law. If you claim your religion allows you to discipline your wife with whippings, you are going to jail. But teaching your children that someone is the son of God-be it Jim Jones or David Koresh-that alone is not subject to federal or state intervention

Ceded to the people. I don't think you understand the Constitution. Just because a 'right' isn't specifically mentioned doesn't mean that right doesn't exist.
you are correct, tenth amendment though state government might claim a police power prevent some actions.

Lucifer is not Satan, either...Lucifer, in the Bible, refers to the Babylonian dynasty, namely King Nebuchadnezzar...

Difference Between Lucifer and Satan​

http://www.differencebetween.net › Miscellaneous

Satan and Lucifer are the same entity. Lucifer was the first ever embodiment of God, the angel who carried God himself within;Thus the light bearer. John1:1 In ...
Lucifer Vs. Satan · ‎What Is Lucifer? · ‎Differences Between Lucifer...

giphy.gif

Difference Between Lucifer and Satan

http://www.differencebetween.net › Miscellaneous

Satan and Lucifer are the same entity. Lucifer was the first ever embodiment of God, the angel who carried God himself within;Thus the light bearer. John1:1 In ...
Lucifer Vs. Satan · ‎What Is Lucifer? · ‎Differences Between Lucifer...

giphy.gif
And of course that is wrong...

Is Lucifer a name that the Bible uses for Satan?

The name Lucifer occurs once in the Scriptures and only in some versions of the Bible. For example, the King James Version renders Isaiah 14:12: “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!”

The Hebrew word translated “Lucifer” means “shining one.” The Septuagint uses the Greek word that means “bringer of dawn.” Hence, some translations render the original Hebrew “morning star” or “Daystar.” But Jerome’s Latin Vulgate uses “Lucifer” (light bearer), and this accounts for the appearance of that term in various versions of the Bible.

Who is this Lucifer? The expression “shining one,” or “Lucifer,” is found in what Isaiah prophetically commanded the Israelites to pronounce as a “proverbial saying against the king of Babylon.” Thus, it is part of a saying primarily directed at the Babylonian dynasty. That the description “shining one” is given to a man and not to a spirit creature is further seen by the statement: “Down to Sheol you will be brought.” Sheol is the common grave of mankind—not a place occupied by Satan the Devil. Moreover, those seeing Lucifer brought into this condition ask: “Is this the man that was agitating the earth?” Clearly, “Lucifer” refers to a human, not to a spirit creature.—Isaiah 14:4, 15, 16.

Why is such an eminent description given to the Babylonian dynasty? We must realize that the king of Babylon was to be called the shining one only after his fall and in a taunting way. (Isaiah 14:3) Selfish pride prompted Babylon’s kings to elevate themselves above those around them. So great was the arrogance of the dynasty that it is portrayed as bragging: “To the heavens I shall go up. Above the stars of God I shall lift up my throne, and I shall sit down upon the mountain of meeting, in the remotest parts of the north. . . . I shall make myself resemble the Most High.”—Isaiah 14:13, 14.

“The stars of God” are the kings of the royal line of David. (Numbers 24:17) From David onward, these “stars” ruled from Mount Zion. After Solomon built the temple in Jerusalem, the name Zion came to apply to the whole city. Under the Law covenant, all male Israelites were obliged to travel to Zion three times a year. Thus, it became “the mountain of meeting.” By determining to subjugate the Judean kings and then remove them from that mountain, Nebuchadnezzar is declaring his intention to put himself above those “stars.” Instead of giving Jehovah credit for the victory over them, he arrogantly puts himself in Jehovah’s place. So it is after being cut down to the earth that the Babylonian dynasty is mockingly referred to as the “shining one.”

The pride of the Babylonian rulers indeed reflected the attitude of “the god of this system of things”—Satan the Devil. (2 Corinthians 4:4) He too lusts for power and longs to place himself above Jehovah God. But Lucifer is not a name Scripturally given to Satan.
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2002687

Ah I see...

What do Jehovah Witnesses think of other religions?

Based on their interpretation of Revelation 18:2-24, Jehovah's Witnesses believe all other religions are part of "Babylon the Great", a "world empire of false religion" under the control of Satan; consequently, they refuse all ecumenical relations with other religious denominations.

Good Grief

Ah I see...

What do Jehovah Witnesses think of other religions?

Based on their interpretation of Revelation 18:2-24, Jehovah's Witnesses believe all other religions are part of "Babylon the Great", a "world empire of false religion" under the control of Satan; consequently, they refuse all ecumenical relations with other religious denominations.

Good Grief
Who cares-I prefer the ones that don't knock on my door

the federal government doesn't have much room in this area. Now harming a child is going to run afoul of state law. If you claim your religion allows you to discipline your wife with whippings, you are going to jail. But teaching your children that someone is the son of God-be it Jim Jones or David Koresh-that alone is not subject to federal or state intervention

I'm sure that's the way this Court would interpret it. I'm just applying a touch of their own reasoning. The First Amendment gives us each the right to free exercise of religion. It says nothing about imposing your beliefs on others, including the brainwashing your innocent children.

religion is what the butler pretending to be a Priest said in Trading Places (and I paraphrase). Religion is like whiskey-a sip or two warms the soul but too much rots the brain
We said. And there seems to be a lot of brain rot.

That's not a Catholic Church. I don't think the CC sanctions exorcisms any more. Too many screw ups.
Very rare as most of those possesed are actually mentally ill. Go see a therapist, not some peodo priest.

On Tuesday, The Daily Beast reported that a three-year-old girl in California was fatally asphyxiated in a church exorcism gone wrong — and that her mother, now facing criminal charges, has not exactly expressed grief over what happened.

"In a video posted to YouTube on Jan. 27, 2022 and unearthed by The Daily Beast, Claudia Elisia Hernandez Santos, 25, told viewers, 'Like, I could sit here and be negative… be sad about the whole situation that she passed away, but it’s like, there’s no point, you know, because it is what it is. It is what it is. You know, she’s not here with me, it is what it is, you know? And it’s like, what’s the point, you know? I’m just gonna be… putting myself down when there’s no point for me to do that, you know? Like, I cannot change the past,'" reported Justin Rohrlich.

Hernandez now faces a charge of assault on a child with force likely to produce great bodily injury resulting in death.

"The charges against Hernandez can be traced back to Sept. 24, 2021, when Hernandez called police shortly after 8 p.m. to report that her daughter was dead," said the report. "When cops arrived at the Iglesia Apostoles y Profetas church, which is run out of a private home in San Jose, they found little Arely unconscious on the floor, states the affidavit, which was first obtained by the NBC Bay Area Investigative Unit. After attempting 'life-saving measures,' Arely was pronounced dead at an area hospital about 45 minutes later, the affidavit says."

According to the report, autopsy found she had died due to suffocation. Under the observation of the pastor, Arely's maternal grandfather, Hernandez allegedly forced her finger down the child's throat and squeezed her neck in an attempt to induce vomiting, as part of the procedure to expel an evil spirit.

snip
The poor lunatic should have gotten an abortion. Now look at this mess

Where is he? Show us a picture of Satan “roaming the Earth”.

Back
Top Bottom