• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Moe, Larry and Curly, 2021

noonereal

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Back in the 30's, a comedy team was born who we all know. The Three Stooges.
They were slapstick, very unsophisticated. Still, we enjoyed them falling all over one another in one stupidity to the next.

Finally, almost 100 years later, a group of comedians have stepped forward to replace them!

Welcome to the Morning Joe show!

Mika, Joe and Willie.

A show, like the Stooges, where you don't have to think, just enjoy the antics. Gone is the tradition slapstick replaced by an air of self importance and arrogance but it's every bit as, well, stupid.

Todays episode featured Mika "know your value" Brzezinski with her aristocratic nose raised as she meted down over a report that Instagram has a negative effect on 6% of tween girls! She was beside herself. Her henpecked husband Joe then chimed in, right on cue, to compare Facebook, the parent company of Instagram, to the tobacco industry of the 60's.

Instagram is killing out tweens! How? The pictures posted are too perfect of the vulnerable tweens friends and the tweens want to kill themselves as a result.

Then of course, Wee Willy was brought in to wag his head in a yes boss gestor to say how insightful Mika and Henpecked Joe were.

Now I know this was comedy simply because it was so ridiculous. AS with the stooges, I did not laugh, I just shook my head bemused.

So I switched to Fox and they were deep into their anti-American rhetoric. It's like having a window into hell when Fox and Friends comes on our TV screen.
In todays episode of fake outrage they had the pitch folks out for General Milley. I could see their point, Milly had avoid WW3 by phones his courtier part in China as Trump lost his mind, literally, because his dad was no longer alive to give him want he wanted so bad, another for years, as he perceived himself, to be GOD!

OK Fox and Friends was always uneducated dolts doing the political will of the GOP but Morning Joe was once the best political talk show on television.

Anyway, equally horrified, I changed the HDMI input to Roku and navigate to my college course app where I watch a neuroscientist explain the brain's workings as I wondered, why did folks on TV not have one?

BTW, anyone listen to Sloppy Jane? Absolutely awesome!

Fox and Friends was always uneducated dolts doing the political will of the GOP...

Actually, the three hosts of "Fox & Friends" are all well educated...

Actually, the three hosts of "Fox & Friends" are all well educated...

Yes, they have degrees from academia that would mislead one to believe they are well educated.

Now, I admit I noticed this long ago but they were drooling fools.

Obviously.

I submit my eyes and ears as evidence.

I watch them every morning and I don't see it. When does she criticize him and give him orders? She has always been the one designated to keep them on track on that show, long before they married.

Morning Joe has really lost it's purpose without Trump.
As have most of the other cable news outlets.

er............

I will get flack for saying this, but.............

WHO THE F...... still listens to Fox or MSNBC - or even CNN?

I mean seriously people: there are credible news sources out there, from BBC to Reuters to NPR, to AP. I could name more - like CBC here in Canada.

What makes them credible, they do the "news" without all the spice and hyperbole, but Americans, and yeah, some Canadians, want their juices stirred - so they tune into the likes of Fox or MSNBC.

They like their pablum.

They were slapstick, very unsophisticated. Still, we enjoyed them falling all over one another in one stupidity to the next.

Finally, almost 100 years later, a group of comedians have stepped forward to replace them!

Mika, Joe and Willie.

A show, like the Stooges, where you don't have to think, just enjoy the antics. Gone is the tradition slapstick replaced by an air of self importance and arrogance but it's every bit as, well, stupid.

Todays episode featured Mika "know your value" Brzezinski with her aristocratic nose raised as she meted down over a report that Instagram has a negative effect on 6% of tween girls! She was beside herself. Her henpecked husband Joe then chimed in, right on cue, to compare Facebook, the parent company of Instagram, to the tobacco industry of the 60's.

Instagram is killing out tweens! How? The pictures posted are too perfect of the vulnerable tweens friends and the tweens want to kill themselves as a result.

Then of course, Wee Willy was brought in to wag his head in a yes boss gestor to say how insightful Mika and Henpecked Joe were.

Now I know this was comedy simply because it was so ridiculous. AS with the stooges, I did not laugh, I just shook my head bemused.

So I switched to Fox and they were deep into their anti-American rhetoric. It's like having a window into hell when Fox and Friends comes on our TV screen.
In todays episode of fake outrage they had the pitch folks out for General Milley. I could see their point, Milly had avoid WW3 by phones his courtier part in China as Trump lost his mind, literally, because his dad was no longer alive to give him want he wanted so bad, another for years, as he perceived himself, to be GOD!

OK Fox and Friends was always uneducated dolts doing the political will of the GOP but Morning Joe was once the best political talk show on television.

Anyway, equally horrified, I changed the HDMI input to Roku and navigate to my college course app where I watch a neuroscientist explain the brain's workings as I wondered, why did folks on TV not have one?

I pretty much stopped watching TV when Stooges reruns fell out of vogue.

I pretty much stopped watching TV when Stooges reruns fell out of vogue.

Well, if you are feeling nostalgic, they are at it again, as I said. 6am, MSNCB, M-F

Mika, Joe and Willie.

You'd do well to gain a better understanding of what the report actually says. Then maybe introduce yourself to some teenage girls and find out what their life is actually like. You don't have to get wet to understand that it is raining.

er............

I will get flack for saying this, but.............

WHO THE F...... still listens to Fox or MSNBC - or even CNN?

I mean seriously people: there are credible news sources out there, from BBC to Reuters to NPR, to AP. I could name more - like CBC here in Canada.

What makes them credible, they do the "news" without all the spice and hyperbole, but Americans, and yeah, some Canadians, want their juices stirred - so they tune into the likes of Fox or MSNBC.

They like their pablum.

I still watch CNN, MSNBC and Fox, NewsMax.

Also I24, France 24 and Aljazeera, BBCW, ABC

I read Reuters, NPR, Aljazeera and AP and most importantly, the NY Times.

I mean seriously, why would anyone limit themselves to a few sources as you do? ;)

You'd do well to gain a better understanding of what the report actually says. Then maybe introduce yourself to some teenage girls and find out what their life is actually like. You don't have to get wet to understand that it is raining.

You know I like your posts generally but this is straight up snowflake.

I PROMISE you, I could do a study that correctly shows that vulnerable girls have the same problem in every aspect of their lives. I'll bet I come up, legitimately, with way more that 6% at school. What they see at the mall. All Instagram is a delivery vehicle. The same girls who see the white teeth and fancy backgrounds have the same backgrounds and white teeth on what they post. Come on, you HAVE to understand this. Don't be a Mika.

I still watch CNN, MSNBC and Fox, NewsMax.

Also I24, France 24 and Aljazeera, BBCW, ABC

I read Reuters, NPR, Aljazeera and AP and most importantly, the NY Times.

I mean seriously, why would anyone limit themselves to a few sources as you do? ;)
the word is "credible" sources :rolleyes:

the word is "credible" sources :rolleyes:

I am not sure how one maintains a well rounded perspective when their bias dictates what they consume.

Trust me, I get it. You like to think of yourself as objective is all you really said. You also wanted to attach some superiority to post. We all tend to do the same.
I sure do. I admit it.
The differance is really in what we attach our "more virtuous than thou" demeanor to.
I like to think that I am open minded. Independent of herd.
Same thing just different.
You posts just rubbed me the wrong way as your post devalued other perspectives, mine to be exact.:mad:
It's all good though,
Peace.

In today's episode, the comedy team went past the absurd tobacco analogy and into the totally farcical analogy that Facebook was like cars!

Honest, did anyone see? Car.

To make matter even more surreal, they had a special guess. Head of psychology at Harvard. He he supported this logical fallacy of equating a social media platform to a cars!

Mika the aristocrat clearly had her panties twisted at the thought of all the "bathtubs of cash" Zuckerberg had and she, Know You Value Brzezinski felt 5 bathtubs of cash was adequate for him, 6 she judged to be too many. (yes, her petty, jealous little mouth did actually say this)
To his credit, henpecked, skirted sub hubby Joe exhibited no bitterness at Zuckerberg's wealth. He simply parroted the worst of his master.
And Wee Willie said on cue, "that's right boss!"

It was as if Beckett or Ionesco themselves had written this scene. Right out of the Theatre of the Absurd.

So I switched to Fox. They, as everyday, were deep into their anti-American rhetoric. Today they went after General Milley. They were incensed that Milly had placed the constitution over their orange idol. The bimbo of this morning trio (I don't know her name) played the part of Catherine the Great this day. She demanded the head of Milley served to her as Peter was served to Catherine.

They, per usual, paraded in a long line of anti-American "A" listers to confirm the need of public execution for such a cult breach as Milley had committed.
Senators Kennedy and Graham were as important to this performance as was Vladimir (Didi) and Estragon (Gogo) in Waiting for Godot.

I switched back to the stooges as the Fox "production" was too absurd for even a seasoned Absurdist fan such as myself.

The stooges had moved on to a new episode, it was the alternate reality of Fox concerning Milley. Here Milley was being nominated for a Tony Award, the Metal of Honor and the Nobel Peace Prize.

I turned off the set and put on my headphones. I turned the volume at 3/4, put on an old Steppenwolf song, Monster and lay back.

The song starts with an honest recap of what made America great yet speaks to slavery, witch burning, the civil war and the slaughter of the American Indian...(I am sure this song is banned from Fox) But through it all people still flocked here, as it correctly recounts.

Then it got near the end...

The spirit was freedom and justice
And its keepers seemed generous and kind
Its leaders were supposed to serve the country
But now they won't pay it no mind
Cause the people grew fat and got lazy
Now their vote is a meaningless joke
They babble about law and order
But it's all just an echo of what they've been told
Yeah, there's a monster on the loose
It's got our heads into the noose
And it just sits there watchin'
The cities have turned into jungles
And corruption is stranglin' the land
The police force is watching the people
And the people just can't understand
We don't know how to mind our own business
'Cause the whole world's got to be just like us
Now we are fighting a war over there
No matter who's the winner we can't pay the cost
'Cause there's a monster on the loose
It's got our heads into the noose
And it just sits there watchin'
America, where are you now
Don't you care about your sons and daughters
Don't you know we need you now
We can't fight alone against teh Monster

I felt moisture build in my left eye as these words screamed into my ears.

Then the refrain, it repeated:

America, where are you now
Don't you care about your sons and daughters
Don't you know we need you now
We can't fight alone against the monster.

I noticed my cheek was now moist in a long uneven line.

It's all Putin's fault.

You know I like your posts generally but this is straight up snowflake.

I PROMISE you, I could do a study that correctly shows that vulnerable girls have the same problem in every aspect of their lives. I'll bet I come up, legitimately, with way more that 6% at school. What they see at the mall. All Instagram is a delivery vehicle. The same girls who see the white teeth and fancy backgrounds have the same backgrounds and white teeth on what they post. Come on, you HAVE to understand this. Don't be a Mika.
I don't care about your study. I care about the study that shows what insta does to teenage girls. Vape pens are delivery devices, just like cigarettes and beer bottles.

Teen girls in general, spend more time on insta than they do at the mall. And at the mall, people generally don't comment on the person observing. Poor analogy.

Today I saw Mika the aristocrat, Henpecked Joe, Wee Willie and the guys from Fox Moring America driving down the highway, sharing a ride.

(BTW, they are laughing at all the folks that take them seriously) They were on the way to the bank. ;)

weekly-articles-070321-circus.jpg

I don't care about your study. I care about the study that shows what insta does to teenage girls. Vape pens are delivery devices, just like cigarettes and beer bottles.

Teen girls in general, spend more time on insta than they do at the mall. And at the mall, people generally don't comment on the person observing. Poor analogy.

Sorry to see you choose tribal teachings over reason. Sadly, this is what I have come to expect from even the sage among us.

Peace

It really is all Putin's fault. This was his plan. The Russians purposely pushed pro Trump propaganda, making the Hillary team start the "evil division" rhetoric than began this whole sorry mess,
Putin's plan succeeded beyond his wildest dreams. He very likely still laughs about it.

Mika, Joe and Willie.

Are you aware that anorexia and bulimia are both attributed to body image issues originating in marketing to women?

Sorry to see you choose tribal teachings over reason. Sadly, this is what I have come to expect from even the sage among us.

Peace
You think this is a D thing? How many teenage girls do you know? I lived with two through their formative years and I work with almost 100 everyday. It's a real thing. The year before the pandemic a student survey indicated that just over 18% of our student body had considered suicide in the last year. The vast majority of that 18% were girls.

Back
Top Bottom