• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mississippi ‘Goon Squad’ deputies get yearslong sentences for racist torture of 2 Black men

How about an Official Quote from the RNC?

Another poster who is incredibly confused.
Saying we are not a racist country doesn’t mean that racism doesn’t exist in this country. Just like how saying we are not a religious country doesn’t mean no one here is religious.

It’s amazing how many people are willing to shut off their brains if doing so means they can attack the other side.

Unless you are a democrat and your name is Biden.
Looks to see if this thread is about Biden. Hmmm, must be another attempt at a whataboutism.

Never mind this story, look over there, whatabout Biden.

You know that is not what the poster I quoted claims cons on here are saying right.
Saying we are not a racist country is not the same thing as saying racism doesn’t exist anymore.

I honestly am surprised this needs to be explained to you.
Or do you think when someone claims we are not a religious country that means no religion exists in this country as well.
Donald, is that you?

Donald, is that you?
Can’t actually come up with an intelligent response so have to roll straight to the pathetic personal insults.

Can’t say that it is to surprising coming from you.

There's a $400 million civil suit coming. Taxpayers will foot at least some of that.

It's far past time to admit there's something fundamentally wrong with the screening process for law enforcement officers and correct it.
I can only imagine the lines waiting for employment that entails working in the dregs of society for shit money

Then every country is racist, because every country is sure to have some racists living there.

Saying racism doesn't exist here, is not the same as saying the US is not a racist country. We have an awful lot of different races living here, to be called a racist 'country'
Then you were telling us that during the Jim Crow era, when there were multitudes of minorities within our population, there was no racism

I do not think you researched your boldly wrong statement

Hoax, fake news, everyone knows there is no racism in america, ask any republican.

I'm surprised we haven't heard yet how they must be Democrats, you know, just like during the Civil War.

We've heard every other desperate thing, we even heard buh buh buh Biden.

This story is absolutely horrific.

Another poster who is incredibly confused.
Saying we are not a racist country doesn’t mean that racism doesn’t exist in this country. Just like how saying we are not a religious country doesn’t mean no one here is religious.

It’s amazing how many people are willing to shut off their brains if doing so means they can attack the other side.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, love that spin, ayup.

Then you were telling us that during the Jim Crow era, when there were multitudes of minorities within our population, there was no racism

I do not think you researched your boldly wrong statement
I never said during the Jim Crow era. I’m talking presently.

My statement is correct. If you are saying that the US is a racist country because it has some racists, then you are saying every country is a racist country.
Nothing wrong about that statement.

you insist that because we have lots of minorities residing in the USA today that we cannot be found racist. here, let me point it out in bold red font immediately below:
Then every country is racist, because every country is sure to have some racists living there.

Saying racism doesn't exist here, is not the same as saying the US is not a racist country. We have an awful lot of different races living here, to be called a racist 'country'
during the jim crow era, racism was rampant. AND we had a lot of different races living in America during that racist time of jim crow

which is what tells us your assertion is not based on factual information. there WERE lots of different minorities living in the USA at the same time the very racist - and government condoned - jim crow practices were in effect

thus, there is historical precedent that a country can both be racist while simultaneously being the home of large numbers of different races
My statement is correct. If you are saying that the US is a racist country because it has some racists, then you are saying every country is a racist country.
the US remains a racist country as evidenced by ongoing governmental efforts to restrict voter access by targeted minority populations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_County_v._Holder

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, love that spin, ayup.
You know it probably would have just been easier and less embarrassing for you to just admit you made it up.
And more honest.

But hey I get some folks really don’t care about lying if they can use it to attack the other side. I mean we have all seen the MAGA idiots doing it for years now. Guess it shouldn’t come as a surprise that the other side of that same coin does the same thing.

In January 2023, the deputies burst into a Rankin County home without a warrant and assaulted the men with stun guns, a sex toy and other objects.

March 19, 2024

Amazing! What century are we in? All it takes is a phone call complaining about black men staying in the home of a white woman?

View attachment 67499602
I am glad that they are being held accountable for their vile actions. These are the faces of human trash.

you insist that because we have lots of minorities residing in the USA today that we cannot be found racist. here, let me point it out in bold red font immediately below:

during the jim crow era, racism was rampant. AND we had a lot of different races living in America during that racist time of jim crow

which is what tells us your assertion is not based on factual information. there WERE lots of different minorities living in the USA at the same time the very racist - and government condoned - jim crow practices were in effect

thus, there is historical precedent that a country can both be racist while simultaneously being the home of large numbers of different races

the US remains a racist country as evidenced by ongoing governmental efforts to restrict voter access by targeted minority populations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_County_v._Holder
Fine. Then every country is racist. That's my point. Because every country has racists in it, based on your logic, every country is racist.

You know that is not what the poster I quoted claims cons on here are saying right.
Saying we are not a racist country is not the same thing as saying racism doesn’t exist anymore.

I honestly am surprised this needs to be explained to you.
Or do you think when someone claims we are not a religious country that means no religion exists in this country as well.
Exactly! Racism will ALWAYS exist. Because...humans.

The problem for the leftist trolls, is that this does not comport with the desired narrative.

What many think is that SYSTEMIC racism does not exist.

Amazing isn't it?
Officers of the law committed heinous racist crimes. This was not a single bad apple, it was a squad. Leadership clearly knew about it. Racist incidents were happening for years, and frequent complaints were ignored. We're only hearing about it because they finally crossed the line.

This literally IS systemic racism. You people are staring it in the face and then desperately proclaiming it doesn't exist. And the thing is, racism incidents by our public institutions are happening all the time, and all over the country. Maybe not this heinous, but still blatant and wrong. You will see stories all over the place if you pay attention. Clearly, you'd rather NOT pay attention.

Accusations against the department included ramming a stick down a man's throat until he vomited blood, choking a man with a lamp cord and waterboarding him, jabbing an off-duty sheriff's deputy for a neighboring county in the buttocks with a flashlight, testing new Tasers by shocking a man in the head and genitals, using a blowtorch to melt a nutcracker handle onto a man's bare leg before choking him with a belt, and dragging a blowtorch flame across a suspect's feet. Several people reported being stunned, having guns put in their mouths, waterboarded, and being told to move out of the county. The Goon Squad also made commemorative coins about the squad, one reading "Lt. Middleton's Goon Squad". Five claimed the deputies destroyed food in their kitchens, including smashing a man's face into a cake and pouring milk into a man's dinner. Every Black accuser claimed the deputies referred to them with racial slurs. Following the arrest of the Goon Squad, Sheriff Brian Bailey stated he was shocked to learn of the "horrendous crimes" committed by the deputies. The New York Times report found that over a dozen people had confronted Bailey and the command staff about the deputies, including a sheriff's deputy for a neighboring county who said Bailey called him a "dirty cop" when he notified Bailey of the misconduct.[7]

I didn't know that is a thing, but nope. Your guess is as good as mine.
Dieter van der Vasser's great great grandparents all immigrated to South Africa from Holland. His great grandparents were all born in South Africa and lived there all their lives. His Grandparents were all born in Sough Africa and lived there all their lives. His parents were born in South Africa and lived there all their lives. He was born in South Africa and lived there until he was 25. At 25 he immigrated to the United States of America. At 30 he became an American citizen. At 40 he was arrested. The newspaper reports of his arrest referred to him as

___ no reference to race was made​
___ White​
___ Black​
___ African-American​

George Washington Lincoln's great great grandparents were all imported to the United States of America (as slaves) from Nigeria. His great grandparents were all born in the United States of America and live there all their lives. His grandparents were all born in the United States of America and lived there all their lives. His parents were all born in the United States of America and lived there all their lives. He became an American citizen at birth. At 40 he was arrested. The newspaper reports of his arrest referred to him as

___ White​
___ Black​
___ African-American​

Think about what your answers say about American society.

"A" is 5'10" tall and is standing in water that is ¼ inch deep.

"B" is 5'10" tall and is standing in water that is 69 inches deep.

It is quite correct to say (as you would have it) that both "A" and "B" are "standing in water".

Lol, a thread demonstrating instutional racism in yet another police force and the usual goofballs show up talking about we not all racists!

Lol, a thread demonstrating instutional racism in yet another police force and the usual goofballs show up talking about we not all racists!
Don'tcha know, it was just an "isolated" incident.

You know it probably would have just been easier and less embarrassing for you to just admit you made it up.
And more honest.

But hey I get some folks really don’t care about lying if they can use it to attack the other side. I mean we have all seen the MAGA idiots doing it for years now. Guess it shouldn’t come as a surprise that the other side of that same coin does the same thing.

You be funny!

Dieter van der Vasser's great great grandparents all immigrated to South Africa from Holland. His great grandparents were all born in South Africa and lived there all their lives. His Grandparents were all born in Sough Africa and lived there all their lives. His parents were born in South Africa and lived there all their lives. He was born in South Africa and lived there until he was 25. At 25 he immigrated to the United States of America. At 30 he became an American citizen. At 40 he was arrested. The newspaper reports of his arrest referred to him as

___ White​
___ Black​
___ African-American​

George Washington Lincoln's great great grandparents were all imported to the United States of America (as slaves) from Nigeria. His great grandparents were all born in the United States of America and live there all their lives. His grandparents were all born in the United States of America and lived there all their lives. His parents were all born in the United States of America and lived there all their lives. He became an American citizen at birth. At 40 he was arrested. The newspaper reports of his arrest referred to him as

___ White​
___ Black​
___ African-American​

Think about what your answers say about American society.
tl/dr I wasn’t asking and have no idea what your point is. And I have zero desire to go down any rabbit holes. It’s your specialty, not mine.

Back
Top Bottom