• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Minneapolis City Council alarmed by crime surge after defunding police

That's nice, PoS.

You should probably read the things you post before you post them, because this was another epic fail of a stupid thread.

What an absurd message. Posting a link does not mean the poster doing so agrees with every word of it. PoS never posted anything about eliminating all police. Not one word.

But we all should remember this too. If you ever link to anything that quotes President Trump, thereafter YOU said it yourself and therefore absolute agree and promote what he said.

Fair is as fair does.

You Trumpists really need to try harder to read the words on the page. The police were not defunded, they're only down 50 cops relative to the norm, and the lack of repsonsiveness by police is a long-standing complaint.

PoS swallowed a nothingburger and is idiotically (and desperately) trying to run victory laps to cover over his fail.

Oh-- so there have been no changes in Minneapolis PD since May.

You Trumpists really need to try harder to read the words on the page. The police were not defunded, they're only down 50 cops relative to the norm, and the lack of repsonsiveness by police is a long-standing complaint.

PoS swallowed a nothingburger and is idiotically (and desperately) trying to run victory laps to cover over his fail.

Only 10% of officers?

Then you agree we could eliminate 10% of all non-military federal employees and it wouldn't change a thing.

And who would have thought we would never agree on anything?

Mr. Person and I both agree we could across the board eliminate 1 out of 10 federal employees and federal services and it wouldn't cut federal government services one iota. Besides, as he pointed out, since people complain the federal government isn't responsive is a long-standing complaint it wouldn't matter anyway. In fact, according to him, the reason they are non-responsive is there are too many police. Same for the federal government. The more federal employees there are, the less responsive to the needs of the public the federal government is. So defund the federal government. Starting with 10%. Same for city and state governments too. 10%

I wonder what else Mr. Person and I can agree on? :thumbs:

(Can I get a touche'? :cool:)

Last edited:
i'll never forget the CNN reporter saying "even though that building behind me is burning, the protests have been largely peaceful."

:forehead smack:

Reminded me of Baghdad Bob.

Arradondo said about 100 officers have left the department or have taken a leave of absence since the start of the year, which is more than double the typical number of officers who either step down from the department or are inactive that year, MPR reported. In July, the council took several steps toward dismantling the city’s police department, including approving an amendment to remove $1 million from the police department and reallocate it toward the health department to hire “violence interrupters” who are intended to defuse potentially violent situations.

And PoS thinks that means they don't have any cops at all. . .

:lol:

Worse, it's not likely that many new applicants are going to apply to replace them. Whose's going to want a low paying job where your life is in daily danger and you're ordered not to defend yourself?

Proves you cant fix stupid. What the hell did they expect.

Fact: Police officers save thousands of lives each year - none they have to and sometimes at risk to their own lives.

Fact: Police officers are violently attacked tens of thousands of times a year - often by people out of their mind on drugs and alcohol - not counting those who want suicide-by-cop.

hire “violence interrupters” who are intended to defuse potentially violent situations.[/COLOR][/I]

Don't have police officers but instead have "violence interrupters" (meaning having police officers). :roll:

By violence interrupters, do you mean social workers hired to be bullet stoppers?

After George Floyd: WE HATE POLICE! DEFUND POLICE! POLICE BAD!

Months later: CRIME IS UP! WHERE IS THE POLICE? WHY AREN'T THEY HELPING US?!

i'll never forget the CNN reporter saying "even though that building behind me is burning, the protests have been largely peaceful."

:forehead smack:

CNN will wear that shameful moment for the rest of it's existence.

After George Floyd: WE HATE POLICE! DEFUND POLICE! POLICE BAD!

Months later: CRIME IS UP! WHERE IS THE POLICE? WHY AREN'T THEY HELPING US?!
Should I feel guilty for LOL ing?

But I don't..

Dems will vote for Trump

Back
Top Bottom